Think I may have found a clue as to Blood and Cheese's fates...

Leonardo

When Jaime is talking to Cersei about the dismantling of the Tower of the Hand, they find 4 sacks of silver from King Viserys' reign in the secret tunnels running through the tower, likely due to it being his picture on the coins, and also found are skulls and bones. There are 2 guardsmen that apparently get lost or trapped somehow inside, leading me to believe there may be hidden traps in these tunnels.

Mayhaps this was payment for the deed, or something? Thought it was of note at least.

I really hope this is true because I would love to know that those two never got any joy from their reward.

Personally I would have asked for more than just a few sacks of silver stags, because these guys basically signed their own death sentence.

I don't like to dig too deep for symbolism or crazy things, but this stuck out to me a lot, especially if the details going into the Princess and the Queen had been started to get laid out by the time Feast was getting worked on.

Good catch. Not sure if GRRM had TPatQ's story planned out as far back as AFFC, but who knows? The silver could be a nod.

I always found it strange how those two kept their word but never appeared again in the story. Surely Daemon would have employed them for their... talents again had they re-established contact during the Dance of Dragons.

Nice work, Leo! :thumbsup:

TPatQ spoilers...

Brutally murdering one of Helaena Targaryen's sons and raping her daughter, both of them children. Easily the most horrific passage of Martin's that I have read.

I thought they just threatened the rape as part of what they'd do if she didn't pick? It said after killing Jaehaerys they did no further harm. Which is not to suggest that what happened wasn't horrific!

I thought they just threatened the rape as part of what they'd do if she didn't pick? It said after killing Jaehaerys they did no further harm. Which is not to suggest that what happened wasn't horrific!

Cheese warned the queen to make a choice soon, before Blood grew bored and raped her little girl.

Actually I think you're right. Well that makes me feel better.

Nice work, Leo! :thumbsup:

TPatQ spoilers...

Brutally murdering one of Helaena Targaryen's sons and raping her daughter, both of them children. Easily the most horrific passage of Martin's that I have read.

They didn't go through with the second part of your spoiler. Blood threatened to do so if the Queen did not hurry up with her choice.

Nice! Any corresponding clues on the other end in TP&TQ?

Well the reasons I linked the 2 are:

-The passages in the Tower of The Hand and through the castle are known only by a few, and probably not ever fully explored

- We know this is how Blood and Cheese were able to get around the castle and also escape the scene of the crime

-They were carrying Jaeherys' head, and where the sacks are found there are bones around

- They were never heard from again as far as we know

- The tunnels and passages are full of pitfalls and possibly traps

And of course the kicker

-The coins are from King Viserys' reign, or at the end of it

All of this is circumstantial at best, but I think the fact it has Viserys' face is of significance regardless. It may just be there to throw in tidbits about the Dance of Dragons, or help foreshadow the future one people think is coming.

The idea is that Blood and Cheese were supposed to pick up this silver on the way out, and either died in the passages trying to find it or couldn't find it and had to leave without it.

If we are meant to draw a conclusion as to the bags of silver, this is the most logical one based on what we know so far.

which chapter is this from?

Pretty sure it's the second or third Cersei chapter of AFFC, possibly in Jaime's.

Good catch. Not sure if GRRM had TPatQ's story planned out as far back as AFFC, but who knows? The silver could be a nod.

I always found it strange how those two kept their word but never appeared again in the story. Surely Daemon would have employed them for their... talents again had they re-established contact during the Dance of Dragons.

Not to mention these guys would be wanted men both across the narrow sea and at home in Westeros.

Personally I would have asked for more than just a few sacks of silver stags, because these guys basically signed their own death sentence.

I don't like to dig too deep for symbolism or crazy things, but this stuck out to me a lot, especially if the details going into the Princess and the Queen had been started to get laid out by the time Feast was getting worked on.

While true that they could ask for more, four sacks was probably more money than they had ever seen or could imagine and I don't think that the supposed royalty would pay more than that to smallfolk servants.

Archived