Cannibal Will Be Jon's Dragonmount (Crackpot)

Roddy the Ruin

This theory is thanks to Free Northman Reborn!

I hold out hope that the monstrous, coal black Cannibal - which survived the Dance of Dragons - flew off to Skagos, the symbolically named Isle of Cannibals, where it went to nest deep in a volcanic vent and went to sleep inside the mountain.

When it is woken, it will emerge from Stone (the name of Skagos in the Old Tongue) and give Jon a black dragon of Balerion size. A Dragon freshly woken from Stone.

This part comes from MasterJack!

I still beleive Summer-Bran saw a real Dragon flying over Winterfell. There is a limit to metaphors, you cant compare smoke to a roaring dragon.

ETA: here is the quote:

"The smoke and ash clouded his eyes, and in the sky he saw a great winged snake who's roar was a river of flame. He bared his teeth but then the snake was gone. Behind the cliffs tall fires were eating up the stars"

After Jon is revealed as a Targ and Daenerys comes North to confront him, Cannibal will be seen over some part of the North looking for food. Jon will ride out and Warg into Cannibal, being the first person to mount and tame Cannibal.

What if The White Walkers have Cannibal waiting to unleash him? Maybe that's what Bran saw in his dream that scared him.

And Cannibal unleashing hell on his own would be awesome as well!

Well then he can't be on Skagos, that's for sure. I imagine a Balerion-sized all black dragon would scare a kid, so it's definitely possible.

What if Bran controls cannibal through warging? Everyone will think the dragon is raising hell on his own but he's really being steered by Tree Man Jr. Rickon is another possibility. Shaggy is all black too.

I like the idea of Jon riding Cannibal. If he really is coal black all over he's already dressing like a dragon of the Night's Watch. I'd change his name though.

It could be that Bran saw an Ice Dragon that was released somehow by the destruction of Winterfell. Or a firewyrm, or a wyvern. All kinds of possibilities on that really.

Bran also saw dragons stirring in the shadow by Asshai, didn't he? If the Heart of Winter contains a portal to the shadow, someone might be able to get a full-grown dragon and fly it back to Westeros. Maybe that's what Benjen is up to.

If he's alive, and if he reappears, I don't think Jon will be able to tame him anyway. Nobody else could.

I'm more inclined to the possibility of Jon riding Viserion or Rhaegal.

That doesn't mean no one can. Maybe Cannibal is just really, really picky and waiting for the right rider to come along.

best thing about this theory is that it opens another door into the "dance with dragons" idea.

Im more inclined to beileve that if Jon were to tame a dragon it would have to be a different dragon thatn Rhaegal and Viserion cuz those kinda belong to Dany( i have a hard time believing they would wanna kill their mama)

Archived