Cricket XXIV

Xray the Enforcer

Apparently, England are still capable of winning games, which is nice to see.

Good performance from Ali to take 6 wickets, he's still not the finished article but I think he's making progress.

Now we have to see whether Anderson will get banned for his altercation with Jadeja. If he does miss the next Test then it will be a big blow for England since he seems to have returned to form in this Test and it would force them to change a winning team. It's possible there might be a change anyway, with Woakes and Jordan wicketless I think there's a chance Plunkett could make a return, and in the past Old Trafford has often been a good hunting ground for fast bowlers.

It's a real shame we're not going to have Ishant for that test. What's the point of bringing Gambhir if you're not going to play him when one of the top two isn't doing a particularly good job?

I hope the line-up for the next test looks like this (for India):

Vijay

Gambhir

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Sharma

Dhoni

Jadeja

Kumar

Ashwin

Shami

Only two seamers might not be enough though, so Rohit Sharma could be dropped, probably for Pankaj. There will still be a lot of depth in the squad, with everyone up to Ashwin capable of getting 50+.

Apparently the pitch in Manchester is going to be a quick one. Can't see them going in with just two quicks

I don't think playing only two seamers is ever a good idea in England.

Cricinfo suggests that Kumar might be an injury worry, it would be a big blow for India to lose him especially when they've already lost Ishant.

I've got it on in the office. Anderson appears to be trying to prove a point of some sort. Bowling some beautiful balls. Looks like he'll have Dhoni out very shortly

Oh man totally missed the start of this. They seem to have settled down now.

You know it's bad when the opening bowlers can afford to bowl long spells because they have had long breaks with the fall of each wicket.

Anderson doing exactly the right thing, responding to the disciplinary shenanigans with the ball. Alas, I think the match will be severely impacting by Bertha remnants at the weekend (probably Sunday will be a washout).

Archived