Which theory do you hate the most?

Game Of Thrones

I'm not saying she laid the eggs, but she is clearly The Mother of Dragons. What I read was just people tearing her down as usual.

ETA: Similarly - Bran Stark isn't the Winged Wolf.

And another wonderful one: At the end of a Dance with Dragons, Dany has not realised that Drogon has flown off whilst she is eating the horse, as so she is completely alone when the Dothraki find her...

:)

Why did you have to open that can of worms again? :D

I'm not saying she laid the eggs, but she is clearly The Mother of Dragons. What I read was just people tearing her down as usual.

ETA: Similarly - Bran Stark isn't the Winged Wolf.

And another wonderful one: At the end of a Dance with Dragons, Dany has not realised that Drogon has flown off whilst she is eating the horse, as so she is completely alone when the Dothraki find her...

:)

She is mother of Dragons because she breastfeeded them, it was not her magic that brought them back. It was MMD's blood magic. She did took care of them but can she be called a literary mother? I highly doubt so.

She is mother of Dragons because she breastfeeded them, it was not her magic that brought them back. It was MMD's blood magic. She did took care of them but can she be called a literary mother? I highly doubt so.

Add that one to the theories i hate

its very funny how the people justify MMD for killing Rhaego because of the destruction he would have brought upon the world but same MMD hatched the dragons which according will only lead to death and destruction

s she climbed down off the pyre, she noticed Mirri Maz Duur watching her. “You are mad,” the godswife said hoarsely.

“Is it so far from madness to wisdom?” Dany asked. “Ser Jorah, take this maegi and bind her to the pyre.”

“To the … my queen, no, hear me …”

“Do as I say.” Still he hesitated, until her anger flared. “You swore to obey me, whatever might come. Rakharo, help him.”

The godswife did not cry out as they dragged her to Khal Drogo’s pyre and staked her down amidst his treasures. Dany poured the oil over the woman’s head herself. “I thank you, Mirri Maz Duur,” she said, “for the lessons you have taught me.”

“You will not hear me scream,” Mirri responded as the oil dripped from her hair and soaked her clothing.

“I will,” Dany said, “but it is not your screams I want, only your life. I remember what you told me. Only death can pay for life.” Mirri Maz Duur opened her mouth, but made no reply.

Mirri Maz Duur had fallen silent. The godswife thought her a child, but children grow, and children learn

she learns what must be done to hatch the dragons and does that to bring them into the life

PS :Jon's Queen consort i would like to see your reaction if danny was the jon's queen at the end ...not that i believe it will happen

The author disagrees. He's said DANY MADE UP THE MAGIC AS SHE WENT ALONG. I'm sure you've seen the quote.

Well, I haven't. Do you have an idea when that was?

Dany Hatched the Dragons:

"The whole point of the scene in A Game of Thrones where Daenerys hatches the dragons is that she makes the magic up as she goes along; she is someone who really might do anything. I wanted magic to be something barely under control and half instinctive--not the John W. Campbell version with magic as the science and technology of other sorts of world, that works by simple and understandable rules."

You mean the one where Martin says sort of the opposite and points out how strong a bond can be?

Puts finger is ears "la la la la, I can't hear what you are saying, la la la, the author's words don't matter, la la la la"

"The whole point of the scene in A Game of Thrones where Daenerys hatches the dragons is that she makes the magic up as she goes along; she is someone who really might do anything. I wanted magic to be something barely under control and half instinctive--not the John W. Campbell version with magic as the science and technology of other sorts of world, that works by simple and understandable rules."

Thanks.

A woman adopts a child, she has nothing to do with bringing the child into this world. However she takes care of and raises said child. Can she be called a mother? Of course she can. Your reasoning here attempts to say that only by giving birth or being responsible for the conception can you be considered a mother. Tell that to all of the adopted children in this world.

A woman adopts a child, she has nothing to do with bringing the child into this world. However she takes care of and raises said child. Can she be called a mother? Of course she can. Your reasoning here attempts to say that only by giving birth or being responsible for the conception can you be considered a mother. Tell that to all of the adopted children in this world.

Huge :bs:

A woman who adopts a child doesn't chains her child because she has failed to educate him and she doesn't use the child to kill people. Dany wasn't a mother what she did was that with magic she hached the eggs. When Horton hatched the egg no one called him "mother" or no one calls hatchery, something that is closer to what Dany did since they are both artificial hatching, a "mother". For Dany they were weapons not children, a mother will take care of her child she didn't. She wanted only their power but none of the responsibilities that a dragon owner would had.

I think I came across one once that put forth that it wasn't Rhaegar that Robert slayed at the Trident, but rather Lyanna wearing his armor. But she wasn't actually dead, because she had time to get back to the ToJ and bleed out, which is where Ned found her.

Typing that literally made my head hurt.

This just made my day. Anyone have a link? Would love to laugh some more.

So Mother of Dragons, well so much for the it was all Mirri thing another bad theory bites the dust at the hands of the author.

So Mother of Dragons, well so much for the it was all Mirri thing another bad theory bites the dust at the hands of the author.

Don't you love it when the GRRM clears things up, although it shouldn't have had to be cleared up. Dany hatched the dragons, it pretty obvious.

BTW: check your box, I sent you something funny.:)

Tyrion or Cersei/Jaime are secret Targs, obviously because:

-Aerys made a joke in Tywin's wedding

-Tyrion dreamed about dragons AS A CHILD

-Jaime and Cersei's incest is a sign

-Cersei being a crazy paranoid bitch and burning the tower of the Hand is a sign she loves wildfire as Aerys used to

-Tywin hates Tyrion and tells him "You are not son of mine.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Don't you love it when the GRRM clears things up, although it shouldn't have had to be cleared up. Dany hatched the dragons, it pretty obvious.

BTW: check your box, I sent you something funny.:)

Ok, heading out to Golf, but when I get back I'll look at it.

Archived