House Blackfyre

Daemon Blackfyre IV

Maelys Blackfyre killed his cousin Daemon Blackfyre to win control of the Golden Company but who was this Daemon ?

I am working on a family tree and while this confirmed that Maelys was a grandson of Daemon I, it stumped me on who's son the Golden Company General was.

We can rule out Daemon II because he would me Maelys uncle not his cousin

Daemon III son of Haegon Blackfyre was killed by Duncan the tall so it's not him

Could it be possible that Bittersteel followed through with his bethrowel to Calla Blackfyre and named his son Daemon Blackfyre ? That would make him first in line for Golden Company !

Daemon I had 3 other sons so it is possible that one of them named their kid Daemon

Maelys could have been descended from a younger son of Daemon I, the latter had no shortage of sons. Maelys's cousin Daemon may have actually been the Blackfyre heir until Maelys started an intra-house conflict to make himself the Blackfyre heir.

Maelys Blackfyre killed his cousin Daemon Blackfyre to win control of the Golden Company but who was this Daemon ?

I am working on a family tree and while this confirmed that Maelys was a grandson of Daemon I, it stumped me on who's son the Golden Company General was.

We can rule out Daemon II because he would me Maelys uncle not his cousin

Daemon III son of Haegon Blackfyre was killed by Duncan the tall so it's not him

Could it be possible that Bittersteel followed through with his bethrowel to Calla Blackfyre and named his son Daemon Blackfyre ? That would make him first in line for Golden Company !

Daemon I had 3 other sons so it is possible that one of them named their kid Daemon

Where is it stated that Maelys was a grandson of Daemon I?

It would seem to me that Maelys descends from a younger line than this fourth, uncrowned, Daemon, otherwise, there was little reason to kill him, and little reason for this Daemon to have control over the GC over Maelys.

Bittersteel wouldn´t name his child "Blackfyre". A child of Aegor Rivers and Calla Blackfyre would either be called Rivers, or a new name that Aegor gave himself after having been legitimized. As he is mentioned to have died as Aegor Rivers, IIRC, that last option is not the case.

Where is it stated that Maelys was a grandson of Daemon I?

It would seem to me that Maelys descends from a younger line than this fourth, uncrowned, Daemon, otherwise, there was little reason to kill him, and little reason for this Daemon to have control over the GC over Maelys.

Bittersteel wouldn´t name his child "Blackfyre". A child of Aegor Rivers and Calla Blackfyre would either be called Rivers, or a new name that Aegor gave himself after having been legitimized. As he is mentioned to have died as Aegor Rivers, IIRC, that last option is not the case.

I say Maelys is Daemon I grandson because if he killed the said cousin Daemon he has to be otherwise the options are he is Daemon s brother or uncle on even nephew, the only way he is bit Daemon I grandson is if the Daemon he killed was Bittersteels son through a Matrilineal marriage to Calla Blackfyre.

As to the Bittersteel giving his kid his wife's last name it could happen to keep the name going lots of family's do it's called a Matrilineal marriage . Also Bittersteel to my knowledge only goes by Bittersteel in the end he could have called himself anything he wanted they can do that across the narrow sea however it is unlikely

One of them could be a son of Aenys or not?

Daemon could have been Aenys's son while Maelys could have been the son from a younger brother of Aenys.

As to whether or not he is Bittersteel's son, when his father consummate his marriage with Calla, and decided to have his children take the Blackfyre name. I think that is up to speculation. Maelys does seem to have Bittersteel's anger and attitude, but then that is just me.

Aenys was the heir after Daemon III, the son of his older brother Haegon, died, meaning Haegon's line was extinguished. Daemon could have been Aenys's son while Maelys could have been the son from a younger brother of Aenys.

As to whether or not he is Bittersteel's son, when his father consummate his marriage with Calla, and decided to have his children take the Blackfyre name. I think that is up to speculation. Maelys does seem to have Bittersteel's anger and attitude, but then that is just me.

Aenys pre-deceased Daemon III. Aenys died in 233 AC, at the Great Council, Daemon III only at the fourth Blackfyre Rebellion, in 236 AC..

But yeah, this fourth, unnumbered Daemon, could have been either a son of Aenys, or of the sixth son of Daemon I, whereas Maelys descends from a younger sibling.

I say Maelys is Daemon I grandson because if he killed the said cousin Daemon he has to be otherwise the options are he is Daemon s brother or uncle on even nephew, the only way he is bit Daemon I grandson is if the Daemon he killed was Bittersteels son through a Matrilineal marriage to Calla Blackfyre.

There would even be room for this Daemon, and Maelys, to have been a great-grandchild of Daemon I. So no, they don't necessarily need to have been grandchildren. It could even be a combination, with Daemon having been a child of Daemon III, and Maelys simply having been a child of a younger sibling of Aenys.

Daemon III was the eldest son of Haegon. Haegon was the fourth son of Daemon I, and thus born in or between 190 AC and 193 AC. His first child, Daemon III, could then have been born around 113 AC, and a child of Daemon III could then have been born in the years before Daemon died in 236 AC. This child would then, close to 259 AC, be old enough to be leading the GC, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on my own speculation, my theory goes something like this:

Aegon IV Targaryen------Daena Targaryen

I) Daemon Blackfyre ------ Rohanne of Tyrosh

1) Aegon Blackfyre died in battle

2) Aemon Blackfyre died in battle

3) Daemon II Blackfyre died in Red Keep gaol (per Lordy Lyman)

4) Haegon Blackfyre died in battle

I) Daemon III Blackfyre died in battle

5) Aenys Blackfyre executed by Bloodraven

6) Unknown Son

I) Daemon IV Blackfyre murdered by Maelys Blackfyre

7) Unknown Son

I) Maelys Blackfyre died in battle

8) Calla Blackfyre ------- Aegor Rivers "Bittersteel"

I) Uknown issue

descendant - Aegon "Young Griff" (possibly)

9) Unknown Daughter

The strike-through representing the death of the "male line" of Blackfyres.

The point of Bittersteel seems to point to Young Griff being of rather pure Targaryen blood.

3) Daemon II Blackfyre died in battle

He never died in battle. He was leader of the Second Blackfyre Rebellion, but that was put down before it ever got going. Last we knew Bloodraven took him prisoner and brought him back to the Red Keep. He was kept alive to try and deter Haegon from starting the third Blackfyre Rebellion. Its not known what happen to him.

But who supported the Blackfyresssssssssssss.

The Balls and the Costaynes and Peakes and Brackens and some others.

Hardly half the realm.

If so, the those few Houses can muster a load of troops back in the day since they could knock the Lannisters out of the war and it seems like both Martell and Arryn have to come down to stop them.

I'd say there were many, many, many Houses who supporter Blackfyre who have not yet been mentioned.

Archived