The two queen's trials

Clegane'sPup

Cersei's last chapter in AFFc's partially involves Cersei gloating over Margaery's imprisionment at the Beloved Baelor's Sept. Margaery intuits that Cerse is at the heart of her dilemma.

Margaery has been informed that Loras is injured and requests Garlan as her champion. Cersei says no, that Margaery's champion must be a member of the king's sworn seven.

The story goes on and then Cersei is locked up. This storyline is not picked up again until the later part of ADWD. Cersei gets two chapters in ADWD that divulge her schemes and tribulations.

What I do not understand and could use feedback on is:

How did Ser Robert Strong come to be a member of the king's sworn seven and who will be is opponent?

And if Margaery is going to be judged by the faith (seven) does that mean she is going to be judged by a person representing the Mother, Maiden, Crone, Father, Warrior, Smith and who/what is the seventh personification?

Cersie and Qyburn were planning all through AFFC for RS to become her champion, and the death of Aerys Oakheart in Dorne opened up a slot. Reread some of their conversations and you'll pick up on what they are talking about. His opponent will be whomever the High Septon chooses, most likely a member of the Faith Militant.

I'm not sure we know a whole lot about how judges are selected for a trial by the faith. The Stranger might be represented by a Silent Sister?

That would be an interesting twist. That would require the entire Kingsguard to defend Cersei though and since Jaime's gone...

& another one is in Dorne aswell.... Could be that they are declared dead. Jaime has gone off alone in dangerous territory & (think it's Swan) could be killed off before the trial.

I am happy you like turtles. Oakheart, I do not know who that is. Who appointed Strong to one the king's sworn seven? Qyburn was off the council. And doesn't the trial by seven mean that if you don't come up with six more knights you are guilty. Thank you for naming the Stranger.

If it does become a trail by seven I don't think they could have the whole Kings Guard since so many of them are away from King's landing or on Death Door/missing. I would love to see the trail of seven but it wouldn't be totally made out of Kings Guard, also the Knight of Flowers is a member of the guard and that would mean fighting for someone who is on trail for putting your sister in holding.

That being said I would be surprised if the trail was pushed back so that Cersei could bury her uncle, maybe 14 days or so that seams to be the traditional time for grieving in Westeros.

There was a free slot after Arys's death. The bit I never understood was why it had to be Kingsguard that protected her? It sounds like a rule purely made up to justify the whole Margeary plot. Cersei isn't even the queen anymore at this point, just queen dowager. I would absolutely love a trial of seven, however, as that's just the best possible fuck you to Cersei from the High Septon - oh, you've plotted to get an unbeatable champion? Well, guess what!

How did Ser Robert Strong come to be a member of the king's sworn seven and who will be his opponent?

And if Margaery is going to be judged by the faith (seven) does that mean she is going to be judged by a person representing the Mother, Maiden, Crone, Father, Warrior, Smith and who/what is the seventh personification?

Archived