What Would Cause You To Stop Reading The Series?

Caesar Targaryen

- Sansa going darksided (having some edge to her is fine, but going full blown evil/Littlefinger's puppet would turn me off to her)

- Sansa being abused to a disturbing extent

After losing Robb she's become the character I'm most interested in. I don't want to see her become evil. I also don't want to see Littlefinger or anyone take advantage of her. If either thing were to happen, I think I may just stop caring about the story.

You've changed my mind. Now from nothing being able to turn me off the series any of this definitely would. Sansa is my baby!

You've changed my mind. Now from nothing being able to turn me off the series any of this definitely would. Sansa is my baby!

It's weird, she isn't my favorite character (fav is Robb, Jaime is fav POV), but Sansa is the one I care about the most. If she's raped or molested I could drop the series. If she were to become evil and/or Littlefinger's lover/ally, I could drop the series

as everyone else said nothing would stop me, but i'd be annoyed and close to it if;

1. Dany does anything to my favorite characters (i say her because she's basically got beef with everyone on the other side of the pond) e.g. Jaime, and still gets a relatively happy ending, by which i mean she doesn't have at least a bit of a crap life afterwards, (i'll admit i'm spiteful enough to have one of her dragons die to make up for it...or i don't know...anything that would upset her i suppose)

2. Somehow, somehow, there becomes evidence that Ned was a "amazingly, fantastic, awesome swordsman"- sorry it just annoys me though when people have a favorite/like a character and have to have them be, at the very least, amazing to be worthy of liking or enjoying

3. No recognition for the little guys i felt made this series a bit more connectable, e.g. Quentyn, Gren, Pyp (though those two are mainly due to the show) Edd. You know none of the big names, just some of the little guys that made the series what it is in a small tiny way, and this can go for other small names

Theon is already dead. He is reek, reek it rhymes with dead

Right, Theon has been dead a loooong time at this point, I honestly never thought I'd know of someone who cared about Theon at all, especially after what he did at Winterfell. I honestly wished him dead as soon as he started talking to Daddy Greyjoy again and haven't stopped, him helping Jeyne was legit though.

Err... In a series where terrible things are somewhat the "norm" I don't think anything could stop me from finishing the series....

Short of complete annihilation of houses Stark, Mormont, Martell and Targaryen, or if Cercei doesn't die next book...

For me, nothing could make me stop reading. Nothing. Keep in mind that I watched every. single. episode. of The X-Files religiously even after the show started falling to crap. This occurred around season 6 when the set to the show was moved from Vancouver to LA and acquired different writers because of it - this was the last 4 seasons of the shows 9. If I can pull through that, I can pull through (if possible) bad writing, favorite characters dying, and long waits between books. Even if GRRM were to die and the series were picked about by another author, I'd still want to read. I wouldn't expect it to be as good, but I'd still read.

However, I might lose interest in the stories (though keep reading) if:

All of the Starks died.

Daenerys and her dragons die.

If Tyrion dies.

If any more Stark direwolves die. (Guess that goes along with the Starks dying.)

If any of those things occur, it better be for a DAMN good reason and at the very end of the book.

I guess I forgot "if the last book isn't all out (White) Walker Apocalypse" to my losing interest list. I've been wishing for that since the Prologue in AGOT. Seriously, who else HASN'T been waiting for that?

Archived