The Winds of Winter or Fire and Blood?

Red Ronnet (yum)

Winds, of course.

EDIT: That being said, if George just stopped writing all together right this second, we would at least be able to see Winds to an extent in GOT. Fire and Blood we would never be able to see in any form, the closest being TWOIAF.

Still, I say Winds.

TWoW without doubt. I'm not particularly interested in Targaryen history anyway. I would only consider purchasing Fire and Blood if/when the main series is completed. I recall Martin mentioning on NAB that Fire and Blood will not be out for many years since he needs to complete TWoW, ADoS and the next installment of D&E first.

TWoW without doubt. I'm not particularly interested in Targaryen history anyway. I would only consider purchasing Fire and Blood if/when the main series is completed. I recall Martin mentioning on NAB that Fire and Blood will not be out for many years since he needs to complete TWoW, ADoS and the next installment of D&E first.

I would rather have D&E before F&B too. I'm sure GRRM has interesting stuff to include, but "blood of the dragon sibling-fucker #458" is just not high on my list of narrative priorities.

I take it that Fire and Blood will have quite a bit of material on Jon and Daenerys that would necessarily spoil what is to come in The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring. Regardless of that point though, I would still much rather read The Winds of Winter.

My wish is for GRRM to complete The Winds Of Winter before we get to any other book. My feeling is he'll give us the final parts to Dunk and Egg as there are lessons to learn from that story. However, GRRM works in mysterious ways.

There must be so much going on in his head he's got to feel like it's gonna explode. And there is one reason why he takes time out. He loves to meet fans who can't wait to meet him, which is another reason for a time out.

One solution for TWoW is for GRRM to invite co-writers to come on board, and, clearly with A Dream Of Srping to follow. I hope that doesn't have another long, long wait for its delivery. Using co-writers, probably more to bounce his ideas off, has proven to work. Who doesn't think the recently released book is wonderful? I like its angle too, being written by a maester for Tommen.

Hmmm? A thought.

On the show, D&D seem to be using a similar approach. It makes sense with new characters they add, and some they change. Theirs is an alternate take on events in the published books. Wasn't it stated somewhere - other than they correctly answered a question GRRM asked - they've got a rough cut of where the stories go, like a general outline GRRM uses? What if all they're doing is using this 'maester's eye view' of events? That sure makes sense and explains a lot.

I treat the book and the show as separate entities, mainly on the general idea that book adaptations, however faithful, still can't handle complete books. I'm going with this 'maester's eye view' from here on.

Archived