Dany and Robin alliance

voltron

Dany HATES the "usurpers". She has said she will take revenge on those who destroyed her family even after learning of the deaths of Ned, Robert and Jon. Unless someone like Barriston finally gets through to Dany I dont see her suddenly be willing to forgive and accept them as allies.

Who exactly is left for her take revenge on? Besides the Arryns, all the other major rebel houses are either defunct or significantly weakened. The Starks and Tullys have been destroyed and supplanted, the Baratheons seem to be following their lead and the Lannisters aren't in great shape themselves and might completely crumble by the time Dany arrives. In my opinion when Dany invades she won't have to worry too much about dealing with old enemies. The Boltons and the Freys now rule the North and the Riverlands and will most likely bend the knee rather than fight her. The Tyrells may not be eager to give her the Iron Throne but I'm sure seeing three grown dragons may remind them of what happened at the Field of Fire. The Arryns would no doubt be her biggest challenge but although the Vale is hard to conquer with soldiers because of its natural barriers, they will become a hindrance when it comes to aerial assaults. In fact Dany might just bring the Vale in line by pulling a Harrenhal and burn the Eyrie into cinders and wipe out the last of the Arryns. 

Who exactly is left for her take revenge on? Besides the Arryns, all the other major rebel houses are either defunct or significantly weakened. The Starks and Tullys have been destroyed and supplanted, the Baratheons seem to be following their lead and the Lannisters aren't in great shape themselves and might completely crumble by the time Dany arrives. In my opinion when Dany invades she won't have to worry too much about dealing with old enemies. The Boltons and the Freys now rule the North and the Riverlands and will most likely bend the knee rather than fight her. The Tyrells may not be eager to give her the Iron Throne but I'm sure seeing three grown dragons may remind them of what happened at the Field of Fire. The Arryns would no doubt be her biggest challenge but although the Vale is hard to conquer with soldiers because of its natural barriers, they will become a hindrance when it comes to aerial assaults. In fact Dany might just bring the Vale in line by pulling a Harrenhal and burn the Eyrie into cinders and wipe out the last of the Arryns. 

Actually the Arryns that fought against the Targs are all dead except Sweetrobin who may not be an actual Arryn. The other Arryns of Gulltown fought for the Targs. Not really much to do there.

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again. I know book purist will probably get upset at me for mentioning this, but the show!Sansa will involved in the Bolton Winterfell storyline. Yes, I know that the show is the show, and the books are the books, but it's already confirmed that the show and the books will reach the same destination, even if they use different paths.

Sansa in the books will likely never get involved in the Bolton storyline, but her inclusion in the show's version of the plotline leads me to believe that the Vale will eventually be involved in whatever is going on up north rather than aiding Daenerys or Aegon. Hell, they might even support Stannis if they are to march south and partake in the wars for the Iron Throne.

Actually the Arryns that fought against the Targs are all dead except Sweetrobin who may not be an actual Arryn. The other Arryns of Gulltown fought for the Targs. Not really much to do there.

SR is an Arryn.

SR isn't a bastard and the Valemen will never accept a mountain clamsman as there liege Lord.

SR is an Arryn.

SR isn't a bastard and the Valemen will never accept a mountain clamsman as there liege Lord.

Maybe his mom was known to be cheating and Littlefinger was both in Gulltown and KL during the time Lysa got Pregnant. Lysa calls him Robin and Littlefinger' sigil is a bird. You never know, Vale is just loaded with birds these days who are not Falcons, Littlebird, Mocking bird, Robin. Jon never had kids till Lysa and only one. I am not saying it is a lock or anything but I am not so sure Robin is his child.

You mean the Graftons of Gulltown?

Maybe his mom was known to be cheating and Littlefinger was both in Gulltown and KL during the time Lysa got Pregnant. Lysa calls him Robin and Littlefinger' sigil is a bird. You never know, Vale is just loaded with birds these days who are not Falcons, Littlebird, Mocking bird, Robin. Jon never had kids till Lysa and only one. I am not saying it is a lock or anything but I am not so sure Robin is his child.

LF was most likely in Gulltown at that point and if there was a chance that SR was his bastard, Lysa wouldn't have mentioned it before she died. Plus, LF isn't Jaime. He's smart enough to know that shagging his bosses wife isn't a good idea.

House Arryn of Gulltown. Not much known about then LF mentions them once. I think they are tied to the Graftons.

If there are other families with the Arryn name out there I wonder why they didn't try becoming heirs to the Vale themselves?

I have two thoughts on the Vale, either Dany lands there "To go West, you must go East" The Vale being the East coast of Westeros covers that. Or Littlefinger offers Sansa to Aegon & a unholy super alliance between Littlefinger & Varys is born.... Gods Save Westeros if that happens.

If there are other families with the Arryn name out there I wonder why they didn't try becoming heirs to the Vale themselves?

No clue, but you would think they would be in line. Unless disenfranchised by the main branch. They are tied to merchants and so is Littefinger so I am sure he knows.

LF was most likely in Gulltown at that point and if there was a chance that SR was his bastard, Lysa wouldn't have mentioned it before she died. Plus, LF isn't Jaime. He's smart enough to know that shagging his bosses wife isn't a good idea.

I have a tough time following most of Lysa' logic, she was a bit out there, though I just look for little clues, like Jon' not having any children with his first two wives, and Robins name. Don't know if Martin is hinting at it or if it is what it is. It's one of those things I tend to leave open and wait on. If it is wrong I am not exactly out anything.

Archived