How long will it take you to finish TWOW when it is released?

Sithis

Say it's like ADWD in length, I finished ADWD in less then 3 days but I had work to do. But now I'm starved and far more invested in the series. If I get it in the morning, I plan to finish it next morning, hell or high water, Deathly Hallows I got at 10PM and finished at 7AM. All other things are on hold and sleep is for the weak, coffee, cigs and food so unhealthy it's corrosive.

I am fast reader, 60-70 pages/hour when reading very slowly, for pure pleasure and attention to detail, can go to the 150 p/h when reading something else, papers, scientific literature and other stuff you read in detail but not to enjoy the prose, if I skim, sky is pretty much limit. So 1500p book should take around 24h, so it's more then likely it will be done in one sitting.

But I won't do reread at once, like some of you, maybe in a few months when I have 3-4 days free, so to avoid any further damage to the work and other types of play.

I read Deathly Hallows in a very short amount of time.

I got up early doors, went and bought it, came back and got the kids up and sorted them out. did all the housework, made the nippers sandwhiches for dinner and put them in the fridge (sandwiches not the kids), woke the husband up and told him I was abdicating all parental responsibility for the rest of the day then sat in my room and read it.

I doubt I can do that with WOW though, it would be hard to do it in a day without wrecking it.

*Just in case that makes me sound like a timid housewife with a misogynist husband I should clarify that our kids were young at the time and we shared all the general day to day stuff. Basically I got half the days work out of the way in the morning so he could do all the entertaining and fetching/carrying/spill cleaning duty.

It depends on my children. They are very small at the moment. (3,5 and 2 years.) The small one is very claiming. But in one year that can be different ... hopefully. I think, one week will be a realistic guess.

Depends how long it's going to end, and how busy I am at work. My ideal scenario involves taking a few days off work (and off the internet, just in case) and reading it by the pool. So 2-3 days, probably. If I have to work, it's going to take longer as I don't have that much free time most work-weeks.

Wow, people read fast.

I read Brandon Sandersons "Words of Radiance" in just over a month (I believe that one was 1,100 pages), so I would think that would be a good berometer for WOW for me.

I have too many things pulling me in multiple directions. Between work, kids, family life, and everything between, finding quiet time to read is at a premium with me.

Hmm, it took me about two months to read all five books at the first read, so about 11 days per book. But I feel like I could do a lot faster than that with TWOW because this time I've waited for years and I'm HUNGRY. I'm currently rereading Feast / Dance so could be interesting to actually test my reading speed so I would get an idea of how long it would take. Not that it matters much but just for curiosity's sake...

I'm pretty sure that once I get the book in my hands and read the first page I won't be able to stop because that's what happened with the Deathly Hallows. I practically spent a week without putting that book down. I even walked around with my nose buried in it. And there's no way I'm going to take it slowly, I just know I can't do it on my first read. I'm going to binge it down and when I'm done, I'll probably just stare in the emptiness for a couple of hours and then sleep go screaming to the forums. And start my first reread within days.

There is a chance I'll be very busy with uni around the time the book is released (if it's going to be roughly a year from now), so guess I'll just have to quit sleep for a couple of days. Or I could always try and explain my desperate situation to my professor. He's a hardcore fan of ASOIAF/GOT so chances are he'll understand.

So all in all I'd say... 4-5 days would be a realistic guess.

The topic pretty much sums it up. When TWOW is finally released, how long do you think it will take you to finish it. Because let's face it, we are all going to binge read the crap out of it. Alternatively, how long did it take you to finish the previous books when they were first released?

Hail Sithis!

A week off of work should do the trick. I like daytime reading for some reason.

3 days to a week depending on when it is released and how work is going. (the division of the company I work for is very small and we wear lots of hats. I wouldn't leave them high and dry) That said, I'll have the house clean, laundry done and hubby can bring in take out food. He's a only a show watcher, but understands my obsession...and I'm so proud of him that he figured out R+L=J all on his own.

I will not be here in the forum until I'm done...

It will depend on the quality of the book and where I am at the moment. I travel an awful lot and could be that I won't be able to access it for weeks or months after release. I'll try to savour it and read one chapter a day or so, especially if my life is quite busy at the moment.

In the end, the most decisive factor, will be my enjoyment and emotional investment in the story and characters presented. If I get to the middle and it would still feel like an endless filler ala AFfC/ADwD, I might either completely abandon the book or read it super quickly just to get to the ned.

I took my time with the last 5 (3-4 weeks), but I'm thinking about taking a week off of work to read TWoW as much as I can. So probably about a week.

That's nice. I'm not sure I want to use my vacation time to read a book. :P

As for me, it'll probably take me a week. As much as I like the story, I find GRRM's writing to be uneven and at times clunky so it takes me more than usual to read his books.

I will probably totally cheat and take a sneak peak at what happens to my favorite characters. :devil:

Well I'll almost certainly be at uni by this point so time won't be an issue. I'll also probably re-read the others before starting though so the overall reading experience will take me about a month, maybe a little more

Archived