Cycling 2015 - froomes turn to try to double up!

BigFatCoward

Speaking of "steak incidents", Astana again finish with three riders in the top ten. Three in the top five overall.

I don't see how Porte gains time in the mountains, he's not explosive enough to drop the other top riders.

He has to hope to put time into aru (defo) and bertie (possibly) in the tt. But uran probably puts proper time in them all. Awesome first week.

You would have to question the judgement of any clean rider who chose to sign up with them at the moment. Obviously they could all be clean but their reputation stinks like week old fish. Why would you link your name with theirs if you had options?

First few mountain stages have shown that the top 3 can't lose each other yet, it needs to be tougher and longer.

Porte has performed above expectation for me but I still see him lose time uphill in the bigger stages. Of course he can really hand out punishment in that 59km TT.

Uran has disappointed and is already gone.

The battle I am most interested in is the Tour, I have to say.

Specifically I want to see how Quintana will hold his own when a fit Contador floors it.

And to see how good Froome is without injuries and with good preparation.

And Nibali, such an overwhelming winner last year, can he keep pace with very best going uphill? He might.

This will only be my third tour watching, Quintana got my eye in the first and then I loved watching him crush everyone and win the Giro on a single really brutal mountain stage. I'm looking forward to seeing him in that same situation, and hoping he crushes Contador too. I'd love to see him take the tour with the full field still in and fit, so it's not diminished in any way.

Cobblestone stage is in again, after last year I've got questionmarks over how Froome will go if that is wet.

Yay. Sean Kelly is back on british eurosport after a week of sitting on his sofa (per Co commentator). I have great love for him.

Any comments on Aru issuing legal proceedings against Henderson. Feel its a bit of a distraction myself. Glad to see pros speak as they see personally.

This will only be my third tour watching, Quintana got my eye in the first and then I loved watching him crush everyone and win the Giro on a single really brutal mountain stage.

I hope you don't mean this part neutralized but not really stage. He was clearly the best in last year Giro but this left bitter taste in my mouth.

Archived