NFL Fantasy Football - Advice Only - All Welcome

BormonReborn

Every year, I struggle where to ask fantasy football advice on these boards.  A place we can talk about draft strategies, sleeper picks, and roster advice, 

I don't feel like its appropriate to talk about in the main NFL thread.  That is for REAL football talk.  There are some fantasy threads in Forum Games, but they are tied to actual board leagues, so I don't feel that is right either.

So this year, I figured I would try something new, and start my own thread.  If the Mods- that-be feel it should be merged with something else or moved, no worries. (Though I feel its appropriate in Entertainment)

Ok, we had my draft the other night in a 10-man PPR league.  I personally think I did rather well (though yahoo gave me a draft grade of a C... I guessing because of my late round crazy picks.)

Now its time to set my lineup.  My locks to start are:

QB: Tom Brady

RB: Jamaal Charles

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Calvin Johnson

TE: Vernon Davis (I waited until late to draft a TE)

K: Stephen Gostkowski

DEF/ST: Texans

I have two more flex spots either WR/ RB

Who should I choose:

1.  Andre Johnson @ Buf

2.  Doug Martin vs Ten

3.  Frank Gore @Buf

4.  Jonas Grey vs Pit

(I have a few others, but don't feel they are worthy.)

Opinions?

edit: typos

Off the top of my head, I'd go Doug Martin and Jonas Grey as I'm avoiding Buff defense at all costs.

I was leaning that way too.  Though I have been considering Johnson over Martin.  My thinking was that even though it looks like the Bills D is scary good, they can't cover both Hilton and Johnson.  Luck is still going to connect with someone.  (Though I hope not too much, my week one opponent has Luck as his QB)

There are several discussions about Fantasy Football over in Forum Games. Here is the link for general discussion, 

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/133803-fantasy-football-2015/

There are also spots open in a couple of leagues there I believe.

I saw that, but as I said it was entirely geared towards the board leagues...and I am hoping to get participation from anyone who wants to talk Fantasy football. Only those that participate in Forum Games even go there it seems.

I saw that, but as I said it was entirely geared towards the board leagues...and I am hoping to get participation from anyone who wants to talk Fantasy football. Only those that participate in Forum Games even go there it seems.

We lost that fight last year. Most don't mind fantasy talk in this thread, but make a topic and it will be dropped south.

No, he doesn't. He's been horrible ever since he's been in seattle. Fumble and inconsistent issues abound.

Fumbles can be worked on, i've heard a lot of positive things about him (also some negatives, like you pointed out). But it's two things that can be worked on, especially consistency.To me a 7th round pick is worth the risk.

Either way, it adds a bit of depth considering we have one head case (randle) and one man of glass (Mcfadden). 

Manhole : Mcfadden has looked really good so far during TC and PS, i'm mostly worried about his health issues. Like you said, if he stays healthy, i could easily see him reach 1000 yards behind the cowboys O-line.

So the Pats cut Jonas Grey. I'm surprised too. That ought to simplify Bormon's decision...

Yea it did. Martin it is. Now I am thinkimg of picking up Bolden... but I don't really need another RB right now... so not sure who else I could pick up.

Anyone have any sleeper suggestions?

Ok, possibly the stupidest Start/Bench question of the week, but I think I might need you guys to talk me out of doing something stupid. I have Peyton Manning at home vs the Ravens and Teddy Bridgewater on the road vs the Niners. I know this should be a no-brainer, but I'm actually somewhat tempted to go with Bridgewater. The Niners pass defense is likely to be horrid, and Bridgewater has looked much sharper than Ol Fetushead during preseason.

Only other questionable swap for me is Randle or McFadden in the flex spot.

This is for my money league, where $1200 bucks is split between the regular season points winner and the team that wins the whole enchilada.  

Ok, possibly the stupidest Start/Bench question of the week, but I think I might need you guys to talk me out of doing something stupid. I have Peyton Manning at home vs the Ravens and Teddy Bridgewater on the road vs the Niners. I know this should be a no-brainer, but I'm actually somewhat tempted to go with Bridgewater. The Niners pass defense is likely to be horrid, and Bridgewater has looked much sharper than Ol Fetushead during preseason.

Only other questionable swap for me is Randle or McFadden in the flex spot.

This is for my money league, where $1200 bucks is split between the regular season points winner and the team that wins the whole enchilada.  

Even though the Niners pass D is horrible, I think the Vikings are going to pound AP down their throats.  Manning still wants to prove he is the #1 guy and is generally in a pass first offense.  I would stay with Manning.

edit: grammar

As for Randle of McFadden... yikes.... I guess McFadden but that is a just a gut feeling for me.

Even though the Niners pass D is horrible, I think the Vikings are going to pound AP down their throats.  Manning still wants to prove he is the #1 guy and is generally in a pass first offense.  I would stay with Manning.

edit: grammar

As for Randle of McFadden... yikes.... I guess McFadden but that is a just a gut feeling for me.

Yeah, that might be the smart compromise. Shit. Not sure which route to go here.

My brother in law finally convinced me to join his fantasy football league. I had my first game yesterday and I now understand all the whining I've heard over the years much better. :lol:

I have Matt Ryan as my starter, but I had Carson Palmer on the bench. My opponent is finished for the week. I am currently down 22 points, but Palmer scored 25... If I'd played him, it would be over now and I would have won. Instead, I wait to see just how porous Chip Kelly's defense is tonight. :lol:

Archived