NFL Fantasy Football - Advice Only - All Welcome

BormonReborn

Bit of a problem for tonights game. 

Torrey Smith or Carlos Hyde? It's against Minnesota, a team i don't get to watch often. 

I understand that Minnesota's defense is on the come, but I haven't seen much of them either. That said, if I was faced with that choice I'd go with the reciever as I believe the Niners will likely be playing from behind for a significant portion of this game. Situationally I'd like to know where you are in your game currently though. If you need a ton of points to win, go with the reciever. If you're nursing a lead, you might want to consider the back.

I understand that Minnesota's defense is on the come, but I haven't seen much of them either. That said, if I was faced with that choice I'd go with the reciever as I believe the Niners will likely be playing from behind for a significant portion of this game. Situationally I'd like to know where you are in your game currently though. If you need a ton of points to win, go with the reciever. If you're nursing a lead, you might want to consider the back.

I'm up by 12 points right now, the opponent only has the Eagles defense (which automatically adds 10 points, but then it can go down after) and i have one of those 2 players to play. 

Ok Bryant is out for a bit.  I need a decent pickup, but the pickings are slim.  I am thinking either Kendall Wright or Eric Decker?

Both are good options, but I'd lean toward Wright.  Though he might not be great this week if he's shadowed by Joe Haden.

Okay...

Matt Ryan @ Giants

Or

Carson Palmer @ Bears?

I'd go with Ryan.

I was leaning Ryan, but the frustrating part is that had I played Palmer in week one I would have won by 3 instead of losing by 5. :(

As I said, this is my first time ever playing, so its a new kind of frustration! :lol:

• 1 month later...

In my adventures of a first time Fantasy player...

Going into Monday night, I was tied at 74 points.  I had played everyone, and he still had Chicago's kicker to go.  Thought a loss was certain.  The kicker was 2/2 on extra points and 0/2 on FG's for 0 fantasy points.  Week ended in a tie.  :lol:

So for my second WR and Flex spot, I'm trying to decide among Willie Snead, Sammy Watkins, and Eric Decker.  I'm leaning towards Snead and Watkins (who looked pretty healthy for a change last week), but could get talked into Snead and Decker.  Watkins presumably will be drawing coverage from Revis. 

All three are projected to be within a point of each according to the projections for my league, so possibly all three are close enough as to be a crap shoot.

Matt Ryan has a bye and Palmer is at Seattle.

As I was looking to fill a couple roster slots, I noticed that Blake Bortles is playing Baltimore at home and is projected to score 2 more than Palmer at the Seachickens.

Roll the dice and pick him up for the week?

Matt Ryan has a bye and Palmer is at Seattle.

As I was looking to fill a couple roster slots, I noticed that Blake Bortles is playing Baltimore at home and is projected to score 2 more than Palmer at the Seachickens.

Roll the dice and pick him up for the week?

Bortles has been pretty solid all year, although I think him and Palmer are mostly a wash.  Another option who might be available is Brian Hoyer.  He's ranked eighth in fantasy points per game among QBs since week four (when they returned to him as the starter) and has arguably the best receiver in the NFL this year to throw to.

Well, when I heard that Amari Cooper, my #1 missed practice, I figured I should start Watkins and Decker, and then flex either Cooper, Snead, or Chris Johnson (who isn't playing until after Cooper's game on Sunday).

So far, it's worked out shitty.

OK, 10 pts for Decker that play.  Quit goldbricking Watkins!

Edited to Add:   While I like that CBS sports has added the probability of winning to their fantasy website, I'm not sure how I feel about being a 57% to 52% favorite...

• 3 weeks later...

So I know this an advice thread, but let just vent a bit.  My top RB pick in money league was Justin Forsett.  So I dumped him last week, since I had two other solid starters, and picked up Isaiah Crowell and Ahmed Bradshaw to have an RB to flex (PPR league, btw.) 

This week, I lose Gronk and Chris Johnson.  Since I missed out on my first three RB choices last week, I got Bradshaw on the waiver wire, dumping David Johnson.  So how fucked am I?

Past the trading deadline, so unless some magic happens I'm going to be starting Jay Ajayi as my RB2.  That's a better choice than Crowell, right?

At least my six game winning streak in C league has brought me back to .500, with a good shot of making the playoffs.  I think if either the 6th or 7th team loses, I sneak in, even though I'm playing Jaime, who has a better roster than I do.  And if I win, I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm in the semi-finals in a PPR money league and I have an abundance of RB's and I can only start 2. Right now I got L. Miller @SD and DeAngelo vs DEN starting. I have Forte @MIN, Lacy @OAK and D.Robinson vs ATL all on my bench. Forte's tough matchup and Langford have kinda scared me off of him and I have no confidence in Lacy even knows he's been competent of late. Thoughts?

Made it to the semis in my buddies league. $500 to the winner.  I don't think it's likely I win.  Jordan Matthews has absolutely haunted my season.  He's like an ominous cloud that's getting closer and closer to drenching me.  I actually picked him before Deandre Hopkins....... Yes, shame on me for that.  That pick is giving me nightmares.  There's no possible way I could win a fantasy league with that fuck up.

Archived