Aussies LVI

sh_wulff

And onto a new thread

celebrating one of our singer songwriters

and my fave inner city grunge

I see you standing on the corner with your dress so high

And all the cars slow down as they see you driving by

Thought you said you had some place to go

What you doing up here putting it all on show?

Darling it hurts to see you down Darlinghurst tonight

Do you remember Darling how we laughed and cried

We said we'd be together till the day we died

How could something so good turn so bad?

I'd do it all again 'coz you're the best I've ever had

See that man with the glad hands

I want to kill him but it wouldn't be right

Now here comes another man with the gladbags

I want to break him but it's not my fight

In one hand and out the other

Baby I don't even know why you bother

The Jenkins thing *is* like Survivor! Now I'll just wait for them to start arguing about plantains. Harry Jenkins (and his father before him) have dominated our electorate since the 1960s. Senior has a park named after him! Interesting to see how much of a voice he actually has now that he can particimapate.

Tangent: Jalna yoghurt is to die for.

Further tangent: Saw snippets of two "Snow White" movies coming out next year. One is light and fluffy. The other is dark and sinister, but is comical simply because they insinuate that Kristin Stewart is fairer than Charlize Theron. Really.

So the ALP national convention is this weekend. Is there any hope of the left winning the fight to change the platform on gay marriage?

So the ALP national convention is this weekend. Is there any hope of the left winning the fight to change the platform on gay marriage?

I hope so.

However, the ACL are doing their best (with a dodgy email campaign) to counter that outcome.

However, the ACL are doing their best (with a dodgy email campaign) to counter that outcome.

Who is/are the ACL ( I usually equate that acronym with anterior cruciate ligament- it doesn't make sense)

And I do hope gay marriage gets through too.

Australian Christian Lobby - charming lot.

It's so hard to tell who has the numbers atm, it seems like an even split. I've got friends who will be attending the rally on Saturday. I'd love to go but its looking like Phil is working so I'll have kid-duty *grumble*.

Australian Christian Lobby - charming lot.

It's so hard to tell who has the numbers atm, it seems like an even split. I've got friends who will be attending the rally on Saturday. I'd love to go but its looking like Phil is working so I'll have kid-duty *grumble*.

OK thx- I'm not very political .. Is the ACL those Fred Nile troglodytes? If so they're certainly just a bunch of green house gases we don't need.

=> rant

My nephew's in hospital- getting investigations done but not too seriously ill. So I visit my sister to take her out to lunch and about a 10 minute walk for fresh air and sunshine. I only got er out of the building. She's so enmeshed with hat kid who's ramping up the illness behaviour so much.

If he was 2-3 yrs old and life threateningly ill I'd understand, but at 9 years of age and not exactly the retiring type, she can afford to do some self-care

/end rant

From Joodalup Times in WA

David Gear

COWAN MHR Luke Simpkins has been grilled over his claims that eating supermarket sausages can convert people to Islam. The Liberal backbencher’s comments sparked headlines as far away as Holland and Indonesia, after first being reported on the Times’ news website, inmycommunity.com.au, on Thursday. In a speech to Federal Parliament, Mr Simpkins accused meat producers including Harvey Beef, Inghams and Steggles of “deceiving” Western Australians by not labelling their products as Halal food. “So when you go to Coles, Woolworths or IGA, or other supermarkets, you cannot then purchase the meat for your Aussie barbecue without the influence of this minority religion,” he said. “By having Australians unwittingly eating Halal food, then we are all one step down the path of conversion, and that is a step we should only make with full knowledge and not be imposed upon us unknowingly.” Harvey Beef was contacted by the Times and declined to comment, but the story sparked a flurry of comments on inmycommunity.com.au:

His office is in the same shopping Centre I work at. Did not expect this

Wow he's special

I did laugh when the demon child's school sausage sizzle gave us the choice between ordering Halal or non-Halal sausages. I'm pretty sure they only ordered one type of sausage ;-)

Sh_Wulff - nah Fred Nile is his own brand of crazy but yeah it's a similar mindset.

I hope your sister starts to look after herself as well.

Wow he's special

I did laugh when the demon child's school sausage sizzle gave us the choice between ordering Halal or non-Halal sausages.

Translation: Beef or pork?

There was an article in the Independent today about Broome becoming Dubai Down Under, and the opposition from some of the local Aborigines. Any locals have any more details about how much gas exactly is down there?

There was an article in the Independent today about Broome becoming Dubai Down Under, and the opposition from some of the local Aborigines. Any locals have any more details about how much gas exactly is down there?

Malt, the technical term for the amount of natural gas that can be extracted from that region is: "A metric fuckton".

The Gorgon project (as it has become kown here) is expected to fuel the WA economy for decades.

Archived