What's your favourite moment from the book that isn't in the show?

I missed the battle in which Tyrion led the men from the Vale, Robb outwitted Tywin, and lured Jaime out at Riverrun. I thought that skipping this battle sold Tyrion, Robb, and Jaime short because the references to it glossed over the skills of each character.

I missed the battle in which Tyrion led the men from the Vale, Robb outwitted Tywin, and lured Jaime out at Riverrun. I thought that skipping this battle sold Tyrion, Robb, and Jaime short because the references to it glossed over the skills of each character.

Pulling a Bilbo Baggins for Tyrion during the battle for the Green Fork was pretty weak. Especially since that it is one of the first moments that we see that Tyrion is capable of bravery. HBO probably didn't have the budget to pull off the battle effectively I suppose.

Pulling a Bilbo Baggins for Tyrion during the battle for the Green Fork was pretty weak. Especially since that it is one of the first moments that we see that Tyrion is capable of bravery. HBO probably didn't have the budget to pull off the battle effectively I suppose.

I'm glad they skipped it. Tyrion's battle prowess is one of the most contrived aspects of the series IMO.

Does anyone else get this?...there are LOADS of moments from the books that I could swear I have seen in the show, but they were not in it!

Yes! This happens all the time with me. I swore that Dany saw the RW Robb/GW on the show, I even convinced one of my friends that only watched the show that it was on there but it never was. It makes me think Im going crazy.

Arya escaping HH was so much better in the book.

Jon's whole thing with the Halfhand was better in the book too, it made Jon look stupid and you never get to see the Halfhand telling Jon that he's gonna have to kill him and to do anything they ask.

Giving Bran Jojen's dream about the Iron men coming to WF pissed me off too.

I dont understand what they are gonna do with the show Sam after him hiding behind a rock with all those wights and Others walking by. How is he gonna be called The Slayer now?

A girl has said a name, a man must obey. The JH reveal was one of the highlights of ACOK, the show "version" was painful.

The old Lannister loyalist woman telling Arya she'd be next, Old Nan grieving in front of the corpses, Swann and Moore dancing on the ship decks, all the ones mentioned by others, the list is long.

And not from ACOK but the 3 horns is my favourite part, show version terrible.

besides obvious ones like the Tower of Joy memory or the House of the Undying, i would say Jon's ranging with the Halfhand

i also agree with you on Tywin. all the added Tywin scenes were awesome (him and jaime, him and arya for example)

yep :agree:

and also the conversation with Stannis and his Onion Knight where stannis was describing the lords as donkeys with different personalities wasnt i n the show but it was awesome

Ramsay sacking Winterfell. That whole reveal where he trolls Theon and obliterates our heroes' home ("Save me the Freys. And burn it, burn it all!") was something I was looking forward to ever since S2 was greenlit; it establishes him as one of the most diabolical monsters in the series.

So disappointing.

I dont understand what they are gonna do with the show Sam after him hiding behind a rock with all those wights and Others walking by. How is he gonna be called The Slayer now?

oh he will kill the others and wights nearest to him and run to craster's keep to slay the others there. :devil:

I really enjoyed the scene in the show where Stannis attacks mel, after the defeat at the blackwater. I dont remember it being in the series. I especially found it significant that stannis admitting to murdering renly, and he actually uses the word murdered.

Also anything with charles dance, he may not look much like Tywin but his acting is perfect.

The conversation between Sansa and Sandor how he got the burns and stuff. And the Tower of Joy-dream sequence. I really needed that one.

Liked the Arya-Tywin interaction. But it made him more likeable, which isn't a good thing. Oh, and I really liked the scene where Cersei tells the story about the stag and the other animals, during the Battle of Blackwater. Teared me up, almost. Showed that Cersei really loves her children.

Most of ACoK was just much better than season 2. HotU, Qhorin, Weasel Soup, the list goes on.

Though I will say that Alfie Allen was just excellent in season 2.

One scene from the show that I thought was awesome was back in season one with Littlefinger and Varys. It was just... really good, as was season 1 as a whole.

Archived