The Walking Dead Graphic Novel/TV Comparison (TV and GN SPOILERS)

Relic

So does anyone think like me they might be going the psycho kid route with the lizzie girl? By that I mean using her in the same way the comics did the two boys. Will she go crazy and then Carl put her down?

Im not sure I agree... But its definetly possible. Especially if you make thr connection between the decapitated mouse and the cat the boys kill.

(I could be misremembering, i did make a pretty big mistake upthread lol. Need to reread the series.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the first two compendiums of The Walking Dead, up to issue 96, I am looking to get started on it today :)

Finally caught up to the point in which the group meets Negan.

Geesh.

Anybody buy the kindle comic editions?

I do know of Negan, and have read some stuff on him off the sites and WOW - I thought the Governor was bad, but Negan is far worse and must be dealt with. I hope Rick gets Negan, because it can only end one way for the two of them.

• 1 month later...

I do.

Things are getting crazy in All Out War. Negan having the ability to manufacture ammo = bad news for Rick and the gang.

i am actually tired of the negan storyline. it has just gone on for too fucking long. he is a fun enough character i guess. his constant swearing, his brutality, his charisma all make for a good time. but, how real would this guy be in the new world? is he that awesome at keeping people alive? you only see him as a tyrant and bully really. how is that nobody else in his camp has not decided to kill him? he is a savage dick.

in the show i am happy to have abraham along at last! he should be solid. eugene, abe and rosita all look pretty good as far as how they were cast.

I have to disagree with you guys, I love Negan as a character, I will be sad to see him go.

he is just too unbelievable to me. (sure, a story about zombies is unbelievable on its own)

now, if i am in negan's camp and i see this sadistic monster as my leader who is mutilating his own people, hording women, and just generally being a dick i am going to likely going to try to kill him. for me i just cannot believe that people really would follow a guy like this.

he is just too unbelievable to me. (sure, a story about zombies is unbelievable on its own)

now, if i am in negan's camp and i see this sadistic monster as my leader who is mutilating his own people, hording women, and just generally being a dick i am going to likely going to try to kill him. for me i just cannot believe that people really would follow a guy like this.

Fair enough. One of his own people is working to take him out right now though.

I have to agree. I liked Negan at first, and he still has awesome moments. The character is cool, but a leader? I don;t see it anymore. I can understand in the beginning, he was the tough one, and he is a survivor, but after Rick locked him and his core group of men in their factory, and then Rick winning battles against his remaining men, and while the Kingdom lost their battle, I just can;t see Negan regaining his leadership role. The man is brutal, and that inspires fear, and makes people follow you, but that also creates people that will turn on you the second you show weakness. I could believe a small group supporting Negan after they escape the factory, but after Ricks war path, I would think most would follow two other options, run for their lives and scatter, or surrender and join Rick, the man who just showed up their fearless leader, and outplayed him, and without them will have no way at beating rick. Instead they follow the blind loyalty route after all their setbacks, and only very minor victories.

I think Eugene will end up dead soon. I believe he means what he said about willing to die then help Negan. Also Dwight is there, so at worst I see Dwight killing Eugene to keep the ammo from Negan. Dwight is another interesting character. Everytime I think he is still Negan's man, and playing Rick and the group, he does something like kill his own men, although after they throw in the grenades. He plays the double agent very well. I don't understand why he hasn't just killed Negan though. Or anyone for that matter. Negan is a sole, and iron fisted leader. He has no advisers, no second in command. Without Negan the group would fall apart in warring smaller bands, there is no one other then maybe Dwight that seems able to pick up as a new leader.

Any ideas as to who will be Rick's love interest now that Andrea is dead?

I was actually sorta disappointed that baby Judith made it out (I know, there's something wrong with me) I just can't see how it will play out, I guess. It just seems so unlikely that a baby would survive, but perhaps Kirkman just couldn't stand killing off a baby character again.

And Terminus? I don't recall that from the comic. I thought the next phase was the Hunters? Any opinions on the direction Terminus will take?

Tiger will be cut yeah. Maybe we will hear about her, but I can't see them doing that in cgi.

I think Carol might take over Andrea's role. I think Maggie is more in line with Andrea's character, but even if they off Glenn, I don't see them getting involved. Beth is just to young for Rick. Michonne might also fill the role, but I think that might depend on what they do with Morgan. I would like a Rick/Michonne pairing better then a Rick/Carol, but I think that one is more likely. Also followings with the whole, we don;t die, and we have been around from the start.

I think Terminus might end up being the Hunters, or it might play the role of the Farm, but an odd one. It was never in the comics, but they did all rally at the Farm. I could see Terminus playing the part of the farm, but also the hideout, place of lure for the Hunters.

ETA: I think baby Judith will still die. I think they are bring her back for shock value. Make them think she is safe, and she will be around for a while, then bam, the hunters die her lol.

Archived