The Walking Dead Graphic Novel/TV Comparison (TV and GN SPOILERS)

Relic

That was a good episode, though I was confused when Carol showed up and Tyrese hugged her; I thought he knew it was her. Terrible memory. But those final few seconds were as badass as anyone could have hoped! Eugene's mullets, though. :bowdown:

I also liked that they kept that girl from the other group around, as that opens up some interesting possibilities and the character was far from adequately explored. And I knew Judith couldn't be dead; it just didn't make any sense to kill her in that manner!

But I agree with the general consensus on Terminus, that's probably the Hunters' place. Bad luck for them, though - Carol, Tyrese and the psycho girl just won't let them get away with trying to eat them. The other girl is probably dying, though. And Tyrese's wound, wasn't he hit by a bullet or something? That's certainly not a bite.

On Rick's love interest, I think everything points to a connection between him and Michonne. Carl likes her, she has good chemistry with Rick (more than show!Lori, at least), and now they have losing both their baby and spouse (or believing so) as something to bond over.

i am actually tired of the negan storyline. it has just gone on for too fucking long. he is a fun enough character i guess. his constant swearing, his brutality, his charisma all make for a good time. but, how real would this guy be in the new world? is he that awesome at keeping people alive? you only see him as a tyrant and bully really. how is that nobody else in his camp has not decided to kill him? he is a savage dick.

:agree:

I rarely ever read the comics anymore. Too repetitive, and not interesting enough to justify the investment.

Oh, here is another question. Anyone notice Tyreese's wound? I can't recall when it happened. Could he be the tainted meat?

This could work. Or, in a truly horrific shock value attempt - Judith could be stolen and made first victim of the hunters.

I can see this justifying their later butchering of the hunters.

I don't know about Rick/mich or Rick/Carol. Neither pairing seem quite right. I liked Daryl/Mich. Maybe they will bring in a new female lead.

Eta: Tyrese will probably be the bait simply because he should have died a long time ago.

Any ideas as to who will be Rick's love interest now that Andrea is dead?

Jesus, it took me a few minutes of searching The Walking Dead wiki before I realized you were talking about show-Andrea. I haven't read the comic since about issue 91-95 or so (I know Glen got Negan'd but I can't bring myself to read it). I thought for a second there Kirkman killed off comic Andrea as well.

Sorry, I should have specified.

Comic Andrea is alive, AFAIK :)

Anybody think Carl will have to kill a kid on the show or is it possible they lay that on crazy Lizzy ?

Oooh, or maybe Carl kills crazy Lizzy :devil:

Lizzy kills Judith, Carl kills Lizzy?

I mean how long do you guys think Judith stays around for/

Hard to say how long they will keep her around. I'm holding out that she will be killed off, as twisted as that sounds, as a sort of twist when you think she was dead, and then thought she was alive, and now is safe, and then dead, but I could honestly see them keeping her around.

I want to know how long Gas is going to be around. Gas goes stale, it turns bad, and can't be used any more. You might get 2 years out of jerry cans, but thats a big if. Gas in cars, where there is alot of air, and rust from the tanks, will sour much quicker. At some point in the comic, and even the show, I'd like it to become an issue. So far in the comics and the show it is never an issue. They take hour long rides back and forth, use generators like there is no lack of supplies.

Between the gas souring, and what I would expect to be alot of wildfires in the first year of an event like this, I can't imagine there being much supply left, and yet fleets of army trucks, which are bad on fuel anyways, travel with ease.

So Far Hilltop Colony has seemed the most realistic to me. Wood walls, mobile homes, and homemade weapons, such as spears and bows, which honestly, should be used by everyone. Bows would be much easier to clear off walls. Silent, ammo can be recovered, it's practice, and you don't have to get close.

i am actually tired of the negan storyline. it has just gone on for too fucking long. he is a fun enough character i guess. his constant swearing, his brutality, his charisma all make for a good time. but, how real would this guy be in the new world? is he that awesome at keeping people alive? you only see him as a tyrant and bully really. how is that nobody else in his camp has not decided to kill him? he is a savage dick.

in the show i am happy to have abraham along at last! he should be solid. eugene, abe and rosita all look pretty good as far as how they were cast.

Yes he's the governor 2.0 , but more sadistic and more fun to read, but yeah i hope the comic goes a different way this time

And yeah the casting for them looks good

Could be. Maybe like the kid (Ben) who killed his brother in the comic, and then Carl killed him.

Said by me 2 pages ago lol. I kind of think Lizzy will kill Judith, Carl offs her, and then the other little girl gets turned into hunter food.

What a difference an episode makes.

When Abraham, Eugene and Rosita emerged from that truck I was like 'Fuck Yeah!'

This week, between the poor and ridiculous dialogue and Eugene walking with a stick up his ass, I was no longer thrilled.

I found the casting and appearance to be plucked directly from the comic but come on, give them better dialogue!

MC and I are curious about Sanctuary. Are they headed to cannibals or the Arlington VA storyline? One of the biker sorts on the balcony is a recognizable actor - the mayor from Sons of Anarchy (he wasn't credited, but that was him right? Jeff Kober). Are we seeing the Negan plotline as well, or are they the cannibals?

I found the Rick moments excellent and full of tension but Abraham and crew were unintentional comedy in my eyes.

I don't know, I'm thinking those guys are simply random survivors who go around killing the "opposition" and raping every woman they find. I mean, it's reasonable to think they would run into groups who didn't appear in the comics, like it happened in season two at the bar.

But yeah, I definitely think they are all heading to the Hunters. It's just that, knowing the danger of the world they live in doesn't rest only with zombies, who would be stupid enough to advertise their location, unless it was a trap?

What a difference an episode makes.

When Abraham, Eugene and Rosita emerged from that truck I was like 'Fuck Yeah!'

This week, between the poor and ridiculous dialogue and Eugene walking with a stick up his ass, I was no longer thrilled.

I found the casting and appearance to be plucked directly from the comic but come on, give them better dialogue!

I agree, Eugene was simply ridiculous. I still find Abraham kind of enjoyable, and I think it's a pity they didn't take this opportunity to give Rosita more depth.

I wonder if they are playing the long game with the guy bouncing the ball. As mentioned, he is a known actor, I know I've seen him in alot of things, normally plays the bad guy, or a biker. So I'm wondering if they are setting him up a Negan, but we wont see him again for a season or two. I wouldn't be surprised if they cast Negan already, even if he doesn't play a role in the plot for a year or two. So maybe this is just fan fare.

I still think sanctuary is the Hunters. I watched a video where one guy said it made no sense for them to be, because one of the dying guys in Inmates told Tyreese to go there, and he would have nothing to gain, and it wouldn't be logical for a dying man, but I disagree. We have no idea what sort of family that guy had, or role he played. Anyways, I just don't get a good feeling about all the signs pointing to the sanctuary.

I was defintely getting a Negan vibe off the goons in the house this episode. Pretty sure we'll see the guy with the ball again too - maybe he'll encounter one of the other splintered groups?

My impression was that Haven would be the nice community from the comics and segue into the Negan storyline. They may well skip the cannibal storyline altogether.

I agree Abraham and co were kind of ridiculous although I maintain they were the same in the comics as well. Sometimes you can be too faithful to the source material. i wonder where they are going with the girl from the Gov's side? Abraham may still bring some levity to things as he seems like a loyal lapdog and may fill the void of Merle.

I'm also start to wonder if the softening of Michonne is set-up for a romance between her and Rick? It's starting to seem that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you may be correct about Terminus=Alexandria safe zone. The cannibals may have been too much. But we should see Morgan again and the preacher soon, if they are speeding up the storyline.

I'm afraid that Beth is the first victim (if there is a cannibal arc). I can't think of anything they are going to do with her other than that.

Poor Daryl. I'm not sure where that group of henchmen is leading, but I don't think it's a Negan thing, right?

Archived