Do the Warlocks Have Euron?

Parwan

Here's the theory:

It could be that Victarion is purely a puppet. Furthermore, it may even be the case that Euron is actually a puppet. The so-called slaves may be the ultimate puppet masters. This is suggested by Euron's blue lips and his wacked-out talk about flying. The warlocks that he "has" may, in fact, have him. This could be the meaning of Moqorro's "blood visions," particularly the vision he tells Vic about:

"...your great axe dripping blood, blind to the tentacles that grasp you at wrist and

neck and ankle, the black strings that make you dance."

This would fit in with warlock goals--maximize blood and death, cause Dany major damage, perhaps destroy her.

I've thought of a few things for and against this theory. Overall, I didn't favor it at first, but I'm beginning to like it more as I weigh the positives and negatives. I welcome your thoughts on the matter.

Its possible but it still seems like Euron thinks he is calling the shots. Eurons pet warlocks are well known but they seem to stay out of the limelight, they have not shown that they have any influence over him openly. Still its a credible theory. The warlocks are looking for revenge over what happened in Quarth.

I don't think that warlocks have made Euron into their puppet. They are focused on taking their vengeance on Dany. I don't think they are completely loyal to Euron, but they currently under his power. Maybe they just hoped through him they would get a chance to get into contact with Dany so they could kill her.

The relationship the Warlocks have with Euron is much like the relationship Victarion and Moqorro have I believe. They are paraded around as servants, yet they are the ones giving the council and the who/what/when/where of everything to Euron and Victarion

I have wondered the same thing. I have also wondered if Euron was already dead and the Euron we see is a warlock and that is why the crew's tongues have been removed. This might be the reason they sent Victarion to Dany, because the dragons would be able to see it is a warlock through the glamor. Or another thing I have wondered is if the Euron we see is a warlock, while Euron with another face has gone to Mereen with Victarion (not the dusky woman, I think that would be too much of a stretch). That way he would be there to take control of one of the dragons. Really, the whole story line with Euron is so odd that it just begs for readers to make up all sorts of fantastic theories. I don't really have any that I favor at this point. I just like making up a lot of different permutations since the whole thing is so mysterious. I can't wait to see how that all pans out.

It's a nice theory, but we don't know exactly how the Shade of the Evening works. His blue lips just indicate he's been drinking the stuff for a while, not that he's somehow dominated or replaced. We know Daenerys drinks the stuff without effects past the visions, though that was drinking it once and not for some time, as Euron seems to have done.

Frankly I highly doubt that a Warlock masquerading as Euron would be able to fool Vic and all the other ironborn. He'd have to have learned an awful lot about a society completely foreign to them, not to mention personal mannerisms etc.

Euron's speech about flying simply reinforces that he's a risk-taker to the extreme, which seems to fit well with the Euron we are presented with during Balon's rebellion (before any Shade of Evening or warlocks).

The interesting point is what was the story that the Warlocks told Euron when he captured their ship ? I agree they are almost certainly influencing his decisions (I doubt he'd even know about, let alone plan to marry Daenerys without their knowledge), though to what extent is uncertain as of yet.

It's worse than you think OP!

Pyatt Pree has killed and replaced Euron.

4 Warlocks went on board the ship 1 conveniently was killed & thrown overboard. What actually happened was Pyatt Pree sucked out Eurons lifeforce and replaced him. J

Evidence? Pah as if I need any, but just to keep you happy.

Euron was MIA for years

Euron had no interest in Dragons or Dany or doing anything other than being a pirate

Euron had normal lips

Suddenly Euron is back on the scene

Obsessed with Dany & Dragons

Has Blue lips

Is hanging round with Warlocks

1 of the Warlocks has conveniently disappeared.

From the Authors perspective, why have cool undying blue lipped creepy Warlocks involved in such a pivotal early scene in the series with a strong revenge motivation and ditch them in favour of a johnny come lately 1 dimensional pirate (seriously how dull are the iron born)

Literary sense

Compelling evidence.

I present Pyatt Pree = Euron for your dismantling......

What makes sense about this theory is that the last we heard, the Warlocks are still going strong and out to get Dany. I doubt GRRM would just let that whole storyline drop and quietly fade away. Euron's traveled all around Essos, and it would not be a stretch to say that he ran into the Warlocks in Quarth or elsewhere.

I like this theory. It is probably mostly because I hate the Iron Islands story line and this would make it interesting. I've never been a fan of the Ironmen's miraculous victories, where they defeat equal or larger forces with only a single casualty on a regular basis and maybe with warlock magic as an additional weapon it because believable.

this is very interesting. i'd say it's plausible because we haven't seen the warlocks in ages. grrm isn't one to leave loose ends, hence why the next book isn't going to come out for AGES. i'm all for waiting for quality, though (so long as he does eventually finish!).

Interesting theory and makes a hell of a lot more sense than some crackpot theories on here.

Maybe it isn't something as crazy as Euron being their mind-puppet or secretly being Pyat Pree.

Maybe Euron just formed an alliance with the warlocks and is knowingly working with them to destroy Danaerys.

Archived