Do the Warlocks Have Euron?

Parwan

Well Euron still has his tongue. The warlocks do not.

The premise is that they're wearing a tongue-less glamor. Obviously, if Euron really is in charge, then, in that case, the warlocks wouldn't be. But if they are, then they are, and he's not. Unless he is, and they're not. (That was a sequence of me pointing out how the opposite could be true.) (Because the opposite could very well be true.) (But then again it may not be).

Well, to go outright conspiracy style... ;)

- Euron has some interaction with the warlocks

- The warlocks' tower had weirwood/ebony doors; the Faceless Men used both in their temple (black/white colors). Bloodraven also likes weirwood.

- Euron was in league with a Faceless Man

- Euron's "fly" story reminds rather of Bloodraven (and how about the eye?)

- Dany at the warlocks' tower eats/drinks something (think it's the shade of the evening) that she describes with all kinds of flavours; Euron also likes shade of the Evening. As I recall, Bran's experience with weirwood paste with Bloodraven is similar. Not sure whether Arya has something alike with the stuff she's given by the Faceless Men (yes, too lazy to look it up).

It's a conspiracy!

P.S. And then we have Varys who had a Faceless Man in his cells, told about a Warlock (I think), and shares with Euron a preference for mutes.

The premise is that they're wearing a tongue-less glamor. Obviously, if Euron really is in charge, then, in that case, the warlocks wouldn't be. But if they are, then they are, and he's not. Unless he is, and they're not. (That was a sequence of me pointing out how the opposite could be true.) (Because the opposite could very well be true.) (But then again it may not be).

Why would they all be wearing a tongue-less glamor? I think you're reaching now.

Why would they all be wearing a tongue-less glamor? I think you're reaching now.

I don't think it's much of a reach at all. My main point is that the warlocks are still in the game. They may be in control of Euron. They may be in cahoots with him. There may be some kind of agreement that now involves some kind of struggle for power...Whatever the exact situation, the warlocks want to pass themselves off as slaves. Glamors are certainly believable in a story that involves people warging into various animals, people turning into trees, etc.

Where do you get the idea that the warlock goals are maximizing blood and death?

I'd put this in context. I don't say that the warlocks want to maximize blood and death worldwide. However, Dany is Queen of Meereen. She has worked hard for peace. She thinks she has achieved it. Thoroughly wrecking things in the area and going after her during the ensuing chaos would fit the warlock's goals quite well.

• 3 weeks later...

The main question in this context isn't whether a FM or the warlocks themselves killed Balon. The most interesting part of the prophecy is about the crow perched on his shoulder. This, combined with Euron's talk of flying, indicates that Bloodraven (or whoever controls Bloodraven - perhaps the Great Other) is the true puppeteer. Considering the theme of the series - the rivalry of ice vs. fire, then it makes perfect sense for the warlocks to be allied with Euron. This would be them aiding the side of ice after their conflict with Daenerys made it clear that they would fight against the side of ice. This is where Victarion and his hatred for Euron comes into play and makes him liable to betray the Iron King and form a (true) alliance with Daenerys thus fighting against his brother albeit on a grander scale. What is also intriguing is the disappearance of Aeron and the theories floated (no pun intended) at these forums that he had sailed north to meet the Others in light of his belief that "What is dead may never die...". If that was the case and he was trying to overthrow his brother from the Seastone chair, then he would be doing exactly Euron's (and the one of the side of ice) bidding in providing them naval transportation to launch their invasion.

As for Euron's actions and whether the warlocks have influenced them, there is a strong possibility that they were - simply because it was hinted at the text that they had a reason to hate Daenerys and since they proved unable to kill her on their own, they had to do it by proxy. Whether they allied themselves with Euron, made him their puppet, or he had simply enslaved them, is beyond the point. However, if we discard Occam's Razor for a while and assume that all those details in the story are purposefully added in order to server a goal before the series is finished, then, yes, Euron's blue lips, his mute crew and his insider knowledge on Valyrian magic all point in the direction of him being the warlocks' tool.

And while the above discussion of whether Euron hired the FM himself, or he made the warlocks hire it for him was rather pointless, it may lead to one important consideration: would the FM even work with somebody who has enslaved people, who disregards common naval code and who is in fact a rival of their naval city-state? It would be more acceptable if they were approached by a warlock with the job. Moreover, it seems to be a widely accepted notion that the warlocks have, in fact, provided Euron with the dragon-binding horn. If that was the case, it seems logical to assume that they were the source of the dragon egg which was reportedly paid to the FM thus making them even more likely to accept the deal (and not to investigate further whether this job wouldn't lead to an enemy of Braavos claiming the Seastone chair). It may be argued that Euron has never really had actual possession of the dragon egg and it was simply part of his contract with the warlocks.

Victarion's mission, on the other hand, seems to me to be about as crackpot a thing as one could possibly imagine. It involves, among other elements, a lightning strike out onto the Dothraki sea to grab a woman who, by anything the Greyjoy brothers know, could already have her dragons under control. (She doesn't, but there is no way that the Greyjoys could know this). Again, more on this in a later post.

All logical questions - from an Ironborn point of view. If we assume, however, that the horn is not intended to bind dragons - but was perhaps used in Valyria to kill stray dragons, then it all begins to make sense. It is, after all, pretty likely that the horn was the warlocks' idea and they probably thought of it after being pissed off by Daenerys. If that were the case, then Victarion and his Iron Fleet are expendable, as are the rest of the Ironborn. It may be speculated that the entire potential of the Isles is being wasted just so that Euron (and his masters, the warlocks) could strike at Oldtown and acquire something valuable there. Now, what could be valuable for them there? Daenerys seems to have destroyed their tower. What is there in Oldtown? A Citadel. Could the warlocks plan to overtake the Citadel - either by Ironborn conquest, or by taking the archmaesters under their controls (as was the case with Euron)?

The most interesting part of the prophecy is about the crow perched on his shoulder. This, combined with Euron's talk of flying, indicates that Bloodraven (or whoever controls Bloodraven - perhaps the Great Other)

Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy.

I'll even add in this: His personal coat-of-arms is a red eye with a black pupil beneath a black iron crown supported by two crows.

• 4 months later...

Drawing attention back to this...

I really like this theory, and It all does fit and make sense. But I have to ask one rather obvious question;

How could Euron be the Dusky Woman??

I mean Vic is literally having sex with this woman. I don't think there is a powerful enough glamour spell to give Euron lady parts. We see Mel glamour Mance at the wall. But it was all superficial and he had to wear the ruby bracelet the whole time to keep the glamour going. No matter how powerful the warlocks are, I don't think they can preform sex changes....... But it is possible the Dusky woman is a female warlock in disguise. Or just an agent of theirs or Eurons. I think she could easily be spying for Euron. But for her to actually be him??!? That would be beyond gross and terrible for 2 brothers to be having sex like that, even GRRM......idk, that would be gross.

How can you not love the warlocks? They want revenge against Dany because she foiled their plan to make her and her dragons slaves.

As for Euron, he's way to confident and self assured NOT to have some magical help. The problem with that is what makes him think he's actually important to the plan. Success almost always breeds over confidence. Up until now he's always been successful in his endeavors so he probably isn't at all worried he's being used. What would be more interesting is if it wasn't Euron at all but a glamoured warlock.

• 6 months later...

Archived