The death of Daenerys Targaryen.

AchillesReborn

And that child will be named lucifer(The bringer of light = lightbringer).

Jon =AAR Dany = Nissa Nissa

I'd much rather have Val as his Nissa Nissa, not Dany. He'll only have met Dany when she arrives to help The Wall, where as Val has been at The Wall longer and could like Jon as she keeps flirting with him.

If one of Dany's dragons ever turned on her, its's because of the Dragon Horn.

That is possible, I just think of Dany as Nissa Nissa because of how much she is associated with fire(Although I suppose this is exaggerated). But flaming sword coming from her heart, makes me think this would explain her slight immunity to heat that is considered magical?

That is possible, I just think of Dany as Nissa Nissa because of how much she is associated with fire(Although I suppose this is exaggerated). But flaming sword coming from her heart, makes me think this would explain her slight immunity to heat that is considered magical?

and i would like to see Dany as NN but her immunity to heat wouldnt matter anything,first AA had infuse his sword with NN soul,not her immunity

Dany has no immunity to fire or extreme heat. That was a one time thing with the pyre. It was fueled by blood magic.

I'm gonna stop you right there.

You're basically saying that Dany's only worth in the series is to be a sacrifice to advance Jon Snow's plot. You're gross and wrong.

Anyway, Nissa Nissa was Khal Drogo.

Even going by just logic off the show, they would never hurt her. Look at what happened when she goto her unsullied. Drogon was freaking out as soon as she let go of his chain. But I guess anything is possible, i just doubt it. :devil:

Why do people hate Dany so much? I'm fairly convinced she will die at the end, but I think it will be much more sacrificial. I think all the main POV's are going to come together and all play some role in defeating the Others, and Dany's role results in her death.

Also, if Dany dies during childbirth, unless that child is the end all be all of this series, then that would fucking suck.

:agree:

• 11 months later...

The last chapter of Dany in ADwD is heavy with the manner of Dany's death.

“I’ve brought you a peach,” Ser Jorah said, kneeling. It was so small she could almost hide it in her palm, and overripe too, but when she took the first bite, the flesh was so sweet she almost cried. She ate it slowly, savoring every mouthful, while Ser Jorah told her of the tree it had been plucked from, in a garden near the western wall.

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness

The peach and sweetness mean trouble in ASOIAF and the Wall is where it should take place.

The Wall has stood for what, eight thousand years?”

The Long Night has come before. Oh, eight thousand years is a good while, to be sure…”

As the sun was gilding the distant spires of Dragonstone [Dany names the hill where Drogon made his lair as Dragonstone], Dany stumbled onto a low stone wall, overgrown and broken. Perhaps it had been part of a temple, or the hall of the village lord. More ruins lay beyond it—an old well, and some circles in the grass that marked the sites where hovels had once stood. They had been built of mud and straw, she judged, but long years of wind and rain had worn them away to nothing. Dany found eight before the sun went down, but there might have been more farther out, hidden in the grass.

The stone wall had endured better than the rest. Though it was nowhere more than three feet high, the angle where it met another, lower wall still offered some shelter from the elements, and night was coming on fast. Dany wedged herself into that corner, making a nest of sorts by tearing up handfuls of the grass that grew around the ruins.

As the world darkened, Dany settled in and closed her eyes, but sleep refused to come. The night was cold, the ground hard, her belly empty. She found herself thinking of Meereen, of Daario, her love, and Hizdahr, her husband, of Irri and Jhiqui and sweet Missandei, Ser Barristan and Reznak and Skahaz Shavepate.

Dany comes across a wall in her last chapter in ADwD, she counts 8 circles that marked the sites where hovels had once stood. I think the wall and the number eight clearly symbolizes the Wall which had been built eight thousand years ago. We also note how the night is coming, the world is darkening and the night is growing cold. How Dany thinks of her city and her people reminds me of Quentyn’s tragic thoughts.

Quentyn did not want to die at all. I want to go back to Yronwood and kiss both of your sisters, marry Gwyneth Yronwood, watch her flower into beauty, have a child by her. I want to ride in tourneys, hawk and hunt, visit with my mother in Norvos, read some of those books my father sends me. I want Cletus and Will and Maester Kedry to be alive again.

I should have kissed one of the Drinkwater twins, or maybe both of them. I should have kissed them whilst I could. I should have gone to Norvos to see my mother and the place that gave her birth, so she would know that I had not forgotten her.

This makes me think that Dany will be killed by a dragon. This may be an actual dragon, or the last dragon (Jon) or a dragon in her belly.

Off in the distance, a wolf howled. The sound made her feel sad and lonely, but no less hungry. As the moon rose above the grasslands, Dany slipped at last into a restless sleep.

She dreamed. All her cares fell away from her, and all her pains as well, and she seemed to float upward into the sky. She was flying once again, spinning, laughing, dancing, as the stars wheeled around her and whispered secrets in her ear.

The next morning she woke stiff and sore and aching, with ants crawling on her arms and legs and face. When she realized what they were, she kicked aside the stalks of dry brown grass that had served as her bed and blanket and struggled to her feet. She had bites all over her, little red bumps, itchy and inflamed. Where did all the ants come from? Dany brushed them from her arms and legs and belly. She ran a hand across her stubbly scalp where her hair had burned away, and felt more ants on her head, and one crawling down the back of her neck. She knocked them off and crushed them under her bare feet. There were so many …

It turned out that their anthill was on the other side of her wall. She wondered how the ants had managed to climb over it and find her. To them these tumbledown stones must loom as huge as the Wall of Westeros. The biggest wall in all the world, her brother Viserys used to say, as proud as if he’d built it himself.

The lone wolf might be Arya/Nymeria. What Dany dreams of looks like a sweet death, much liked by the Kindly Man.

Those ants coming from the other side of the Wall and biting all over Dany are definitely wights. There were two kinds of ants; small yellow ones and large red ones. The ants are coming over the Wall, which means the ward on the Wall is dispelled. To press this point further, GRRM mentions the Wall itself here.

“In the khalasar, they used berries like these to flavor roasts,” she decided. Saying it aloud made her more certain of it. Her belly rumbled, and Dany found herself picking berries with both hands and tossing them into her mouth.

An hour later, her stomach began to cramp so badly that she could not go on. She spent the rest of that day retching up green slime. If I stay here, I will die. I may be dying now. Would the horse god of the Dothraki part the grass and claim her for his starry khalasar, so she might ride the nightlands with Khal Drogo? In Westeros the dead of House Targaryen were given to the flames, but who would light her pyre here? My flesh will feed the wolves and carrion crows, she thought sadly, and worms will burrow through my womb. Her eyes went back to Dragonstone. It looked smaller.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water. When she closed her eyes at last, Dany did not know whether she would be strong enough to open them again.

Dany eats green berries and they made her sick. Her stomach cramps are unbearable. These are obviously the pains of child birth. Her flesh (whatever she has) will feed the wolves and carrion crows (Starks, the NW, Jon). She looks at symbolic Dragonstone where she was born and it looks smaller. Which means her death is near and all the distance she travelled is her life. She closes her eyes and at the end, she will not open them again.

Since I believe Victarion will ride Rhaegal the green dragon, his green berries will get Dany pregnant and she will die in the childbirth. Victarion often says he has no luck with wives.

Archived