Goodkind 53: We Don't Need No Stinking Magic!

Myshkin

You merely need to reject all that is good in the world and hate life because it exists. Death-choosing is its own reward!

Man, we really need a better initiation ceremony round here. Something with chanting and pewter wizard statues and a namble or two.

Isn't having to read WFR hazing enough?

You have to at least make it to the evil chicken, but if you get to the land of pacifists in the woods you've really inducted yourself into the club.

If you've seen more than 5 magical barriers broken down and yet a new undiscovered land where magic once again doesn't work in a land of magic you've probably read too much

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask who might have carved this statue? Or would it be more proper to say that it was erected?

the person who carved it is not as important as the fact that once gazing upon it, you will be overcome with emotion and brought down to tears, your whole way of thinking will come crashing down and your entire life will change, even if you've been alive for 500 years, this one statue will have the power to completely change you.

• 2 weeks later...

I only have recently started reading vociferously after a multi-year hiatus.

Does anybody want to tackle a short, actual critique of why Terry Goodkind is so widely reviled by so many here?

I am really interested in the opinion of the intelligentsia here.

I only have recently started reading vociferously after a multi-year hiatus.

Does anybody want to tackle a short, actual critique of why Terry Goodkind is so widely reviled by so many here?

I am really interested in the opinion of the intelligentsia here.

This link will tell you everything you need to know:

http://sandstormreviews.blogspot.com/2006/08/goodkind-parodies.html

once again, thanks EF

Looks like I avoided a bullet by choosing ASOIAF over the SoT.

Actually, if you're in the right frame of mind, SoT is great comedy.

I mean, the fact that THIS got published inspired me to keep writing (in a "I might not be great, but I know I'm not THAT bad" sort of way):

Kahlan frantically tried to think as the chicken bawk-bawk-bawked.

Well, it's about time for another thread, it seems. So may I suggest, as per the ancient traditions of these threads, a new title, based on the latest book? Goodkind LIV: The Cerulean Scrolls of Lemminghood, or How to Revive a Dead Dick.

Well, it's about time for another thread, it seems. So may I suggest, as per the ancient traditions of these threads, a new title, based on the latest book? Goodkind LIV: The Cerulean Scrolls of Lemminghood, or How to Revive a Dead Dick.

You got it.

Archived