TTTNE #414 Your Best Recipes with a side of Spam

DreamSongs

Good afternoon!

:drool:

I have been wanting to try making bacon bowls for a while, but I was thinking I would use smoked thin cut ham instead. It's as delicious as bacon.

I love making omelettes with spring onion, so it will be tasty in this as well. I think I only need to get some spring onions, and I have the rest I need at home.

You are brilliant Eira!! I might try this next week with some prosciutto.

thanks Eira , it was piss easy as usual :D

hope you're doing well :grouphug: omelettes are awesome :thumbsup:

Thanks, I am doing fine! :grouphug: I just really want to get home from work now, this week has been exhausting with the little sleep I had.

I am going to get an appointment with a doc to see what I can do to help with my disastrous sleep. I feel like I've tried everything I can think of except medication.

Omelettes was the first thing I learned to cook properly, and I made them almost every day for a long while :D

Bex, thanks! :D Let me know how you like it. I believe any ham can be used, but the smoked ones are so similar to bacon.

Morning all..will catch up after I workout, shower and eat...so, eventually :P

Overslept this morning...turned off the alarm and fell back asleep. Luckily Draco heard the alarm and came up and knocked one mine and Alex's bedroom doors waking us up. Smart (or hungry) kitty. Alex only had 20 minutes to get ready, he was not happy :P

A little morning magic from Russia I love these! Such talent!

Overslept this morning...turned off the alarm and fell back asleep. Luckily Draco heard the alarm and came up and knocked one mine and Alex's bedroom doors waking us up. Smart (or hungry) kitty. Alex only had 20 minutes to get ready, he was not happy :P

Those are so amazing, Lany, thanks for sharing. Aww little kids and cute animals and snow... Amazing O.O

Bex, I hope your knee will get well soon and you can leave the painkillers behind.

Maid, glad to hear the royal pooch is doing well!

Potato, you don't need my consent, you dance with whoever you like, even serilynpayne, if he's willing to dance with you :lol: plus, it's an honor to dance with a princess of the spam realm and Buck goes to dance school, she's doubtlessly a great dance :D Oh and your sig is great, even if it's not baby blue :P

Will do my part of recipe rant from laptop later :D

Those are so amazing, Lany, thanks for sharing. Aww little kids and cute animals and snow... Amazing O.O

Bex, I hope your knee will get well soon and you can leave the painkillers behind.

Maid, glad to hear the royal pooch is doing well!

Potato, you don't need my consent, you dance with whoever you like, even serilynpayne, if he's willing to dance with you :lol: plus, it's an honor to dance with a princess of the spam realm and Buck goes to dance school, she's doubtlessly a great dance :D Oh and your sig is great, even if it's not baby blue :P

Will do my part of recipe rant from laptop later :D

indeed lany , those are lovely , my sister is a photographer , she does stuff like that :D

but i'd be cheating the ladies , because i'd be imagining dancing with you :wub: i asked him for a dance , this was his answer "<potato> Pfhfwrw.. grr frhh ro reeh!!"

i think it's positive :D

i'll do what i can to fix it later :P

can't wait :love:

wow, the curse is acting quickly , maid fell on her glorious butt and L_T is having these headaches :P get well guys , we need you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

wow, the curse is acting quickly , maid fell on her glorious butt and L_T is having these headaches :P get well guys , we need you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I should be lying on the sofa and relax. But as you can see, I'm posting here. (I got no WLAN).

:grouphug:

StA! Welcome back, I hope you stick around.

Thanks Buck!!!!! Good to see you too!

Much love back at you Saint. Long time no see.

Aww!! Thanks Chelly! :kiss: Hope things are going great for you darling!

TAAAAAINT!!!!!

NOGGGGGG!!!!!! :grouphug: :kiss: :leer: Hi :D

Hello St Arya, long time no see. You and Darth Arya should have a light-sabre duel.

Everyone ok?

Hi Bear! Sounds fun, I'm in :D I think I may have pm'd Darth Arya before for help in the EG's regarding Arya.. Regardless, Hi Darth Arya :D

And you're British, right? The 'You ok?' as a greeting totally is.

Mmm, I did too, we must have the same kind of mind!!! :leer:

:leer: Sure do lol

I see we've had a Chelly and Saint sighting !!!!!!!!!!

Chelly and I are the most elusive of creatures ;)

Chelly! Thaint! You have both been missed!

Hi Bex!!!

Morning everyone!!

Edit- I tried to bring those from the old thread and it didn't work so well :'(

Edit 2- Waiiiiit. Now the names are there!

24 Hour Recap - #1, post #806, thread #413 to post #83, thread #414

Currently,

here it's 0 C and overcast with a hint of rain

In London, at 2:18 PM: 11 C with showers

In Stockholm, 2:19 PM: - 3C, partly cloudy

In Belgrade, 3:21 PM: 10 C and sunny

In Moscow, 4:22 PM: - 8 C, light snow

In Dubai, 5:23 PM: 21 C, clear

In New Dehli, India, 6:24 PM: 15 C, mostly cloudy

In Perth, Australia, 10:26 PM: 20 C, clear

And finally, in Portland, Ore. It’s 5:26 AM: 3 C, cloudy (what a shock!)

Since this is the first (of what I hope will be many such 24 hour TTTNE recaps) I’m going to include a couple of interesting posts from outside the 24 hour window.

Apologies in advance for the length and my terrible typing. It’ll get shorter with less busy days and I will summarize more succinctly in future. But my typing will still stink.

In TTTNE #413, post # 756 – L_T posted the new Spamperial titles. (I’m a proud member of the peasantry)

Same thread, post #790,TC posts a photo that includes several prominent members of the Spam including herself, Zar, and Lany. It’s worth checking out. In post #792 right below the photo link she tells who’s who in the picture.

SO

You who are reading this will have noticed we had a race yesterday, so a lot happened in the past 24

To start with, Chelly (who I don’t know) checked in and Zar greeted her like a long lost citizen of the Spam, so I assume she is.

Our favorite Walrus was having a tough time. Discussion and advice with Zar. Former Spam King Space Bandito weighed in as well.

KiD likes his title.

At 819 Lady O checks in with a multi post response to Maid (who has suffered a painful fall); Tater who was hugged by Ser Illyn Payne (she touts SIP’s artwork); responds with sympathy to Wally; discusses and denies a Spamperial title change with Nog. Hodor!!

Cat loves her title. Adara likes them and says we need more peasants (agreed). Shadow shocks and amazes with a multi post of his/her own on the subject of titles. Nerolunar, Nog, Gillio (she’ll be 58 in May – YAY old guard!!), and Adara check in.

Eyron I got a little sleep (she’s been having trouble with that).

828, Zar discusses peasantry and who gets in. ;) Adara seems happy with peasant status. FomN is sick likes his title ("Spamperial Ambassador to the World of Ensekyrai"), understandably – that’s a pretty cool title. Eyron I likes Adara’s post.

RB slept well; Tater hands out hugs and sympathy; FomN looks forward to envelopes of cash, and chocolate on is birthday; Koba on fly on meditating (thanks BB) and Supernatural (which is apparently a TV show I know nothing about), TBB is a fan as well.

Pp43 - Gillio, KiD, Tater, Sordelor, Shadow, Nero (heal up soon, Nero’s mom!), Koba chatting.

Lany had a kick ass karate class.

Cat is going to blindside her niece with the RW (not nice!!) ;)

Tater loves math and physics (sick potato!). RB talks to FomN about birthdays (16 & 18 were good), discusses A Long Way Down, likes math contests too!!

With 857 Shadow puts 5 sentences together in a single paragraph. I think that’s a record.

860 L_T updates the list of titles.

P44: Eyron I, Wally (“come join me on Chat” he says)., Bran, Nog (responding to Shadow the “philosopher”) and Shadow with another “wordy” post! Odie: “I neeed, I crave, I want, a Chanel 2.55 jumbo bag.” (funny Swede). Bex offers Michael Kors and Odie accepts. Shadow and Nog continue their back and forth with Shadow feeding Nog to a lizard lion. “Nevermind”.

DA is sick.

p.45

Da & Ma, Bex having a rough start to the year.

887/ Zar: which muppet are you? The quiz everybody ha to take. (I got Dr. Bunsen Honeydew who I never heard of). http://www.buzzfeed.com/jenlewis/which-muppet-are-you

DA – Zoot; MA – Animal; L_T – Pepe the King Prawn; Adara – Camilla; Nog – Kermit; Lily – Bobo the Bear; Gillio – Mahna Mahna; Maid & Lady O – Sweetums.

897 – GMM (I won’t even attempt to summarize, I’ll just quote him.)

Ah poor biscione! Are you sure it's not the donkey you half swallowed on Monday night?”

p.46

Bex requests change of title; 'Spamperial Mistress of Quests' . Buck checks in wearing ninja gear. L_T sez JQC is mistress of quests already. Shadow: “why is TTTNE in Games instead of chat?” Buck and others offer answers. 914, Zar says its in “Chronicles’

Bex’s day ends on happy note.

RB on life as an art movie. Life the past 4 weeks would make a good book.

p.47/ post 921

Bex, Elgernon checks in, Wally will miss the race, L_T sez hi to Elg, Lily with more math discussion – liked and did well in calculus (bows down), Odie off to bed?, L_T?, ((race very close at this point)). 940 Bex urges Eyron I to stay up for the race.

MA, L_T, Eyron I love RB’s post.

Bex 1st mention of brussel sprouts (this will go on for a while) – how do you clean them. L_T sez "with water clean and brush gently".

Wally’s feeling better. Going out for BBQ (yum).

P.48/941

Eyron will hang around.

Bex’s dinner: roasted brussel sprouts with bacon and balsamic, and pork loin Florentine!!! Eyron loves br.spr.s intensely (impressive). L_T goes for asparagus. (do you grow your own). This is Bex’s last attempt to like br.sprouts. 950 Lily loves them! (I like them a lot, but don’t love them.)

951/Shadow

The race goes like this: Shadow, LV, RB, DS, RB, DA, DS Ey, LV, Shadow/960, p.49, DS, DA, RB, LV, DS, L_T, LV, DA, Sh, DS/970, LV, Ey, DS, L_T, LV, DS, Sh, DA, LV, L_T/980, p.50, Ds, LV, DS, L_T, LV, RB, L_T, LV, Sh, DS/990, L_T, DA, LV, DS, L_T, Nog, Sh, LV, DA,

DreamSongs -1000!

The Winner!

And then the runout after the race: p51/1001 RB, L_T, DA, LV, Nog, RB, Nog, LV, Sh,

Eyron I/1010 – “getting on nicely with Highland Park

(why do I like that line so much? I may just steal it, even though I’ve never had Highland Park and don’t drink whiskey so probably never will.)

RB, DS – “Oh heck, I won!”, DA, L_T, Ey, DA, MPDS, L_T, Ey/1020, Gill – “I knew I should have stayed home and not walked the dog!!!”, MP, Ey, RB, Emmit – a newcomer (what a time to happen on to TTTNE. Hope you made it over to the new thread Emmit!) who starts trying to guess what TTTNE stands for – always fun, L_T, DS, RB, Emmit, Ey/1030, DS – posts link to TTTNE #414, Zar, LV.

And that is the end of #413.

#414: “Your Best recipes with a side of Spam” with Bex, your hostess.

At the moment I’m having trouble getting back to Oz, aka TTTNE.

Server trouble.

So I’ll go from memory a little.

The race to end #413 concluded around 6 PM EST, USAmidnight Greenwich meantime. Less than 3 hours later, there were 3 new pages as everybody congratulated Bex and talked brussel sprouts. This always happens. The new thread grows very rapidly immediately after the race, then slows back to normal over the next 24 (usually).

Ah,

Back now.

Congrats from LV, L_T, RB, Ey, Kungsmurfen, MA, MP, Gillio, Cat (who shares the famous Monty Python spam scene), Kingmaker (rare appearance), KiD, DA, Wally, Maid. Lady O, Baitac, Adara, Odie, FomN, Buck

Brussel sprout lover list: Eyron I, L_T, Gillio, and now Bex (http://i.imgur.com/1rpMekl.png). Sort of. Lady O (the soup sounds “souper”!)

Brussel sprout hater list: DA

Wally “promises” to join Maid for a beer when he turns 21. Da, Wally, Maid, and MA go back and forth about titles and the Mad King, and “the curse of the totes (would somebody please fill me in on what that is?)

Depeche Mode gets brought up from the musty old archives and appreciated by Wally. LV chimes in on DM but urges him to get out and walk once per day (good advice for us all). DA votes for Violator.

Da & Wally discuss walrus/orca battling odds. Also something Wally calls the “Totes Orca” (????).

KiD has to read Kant before bed (he won’t need a sleeping pill).

Bex describes shot in knee and stuff that lead up to. 6 bad weeks followed by knee trouble.

Baitac checks in with nice long post (#56) .

LV with nice post (#58) about learning to like beans after coming to New Orleans.

FomN still sick but enjoying childhood music. Buck having internet troubles. Continus dancing lessons (how’s the ankle?). Is astounded at her court title (Princess of all Things Cute and Adorable”). She’s ready to dance and needs a partner. MP offers himself (with Rhay’s permission).

TBB is reading Carrie/Stephen King (good lord). Adara and BB discuss other King works. Bex weighs in as well.

Bacon bowls (??) get discussed by LV, Bex and Eyron.

And finally, Lany posts a link to some incredible photos. They happen to be of toddlers and animals, but subject aside, they are just beautifully shot photos. http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-children-photography-elena-shumilova/

Again apologies for length – gotta work on getting everything in without taking 2 hours and 4 to 5 solid pages . . . not really much use as a summary.

Hi Bear! Sounds fun, I'm in :D I think I may have pm'd Darth Arya before for help in the EG's regarding Arya.. Regardless, Hi Darth Arya :D

And you're British, right? The 'You ok?' as a greeting totally is.

Yes I am. I don't think I ever thought of it as a British/English thing, but yeah.

Hugs all round.

Evil Genius theme.

Saw the Hobbit DoS yesterday thought it was good with a few ridiculous/needless scenes thrown in. Smaug was great. Benedict Cumberbatch's voice is amazing.

I am home! Wheeeee

Wow, those pics are beautiful. She really has an eye for finding stunning sets in the area, and adorable models of course! :D

See you later mayhaps!

24 Hour Recap - #1, post #806, thread #413 to post #83, thread #414

<stuff we did>

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

a good man , a good man i tell you , apologize for nothing ,buggers can't complain now <insert smiley to make sure people get that i'm joking but i reached the limit> and i do love this , it offers an appendix of sorts

Archived