Why Shireen will be Queen

SkaggCannibal

If Shireen is having dragon dreams that dragons are coming to eat her then she will survive at least as long as it takes for Dany to get to Westeros. So she will probably be alive for another 5 books.

Interestingly Tyrion also dreams of being eaten by dragons but he will probably become a rider.

I view Val's out burst as showing us that she is not all good and that being too far on the ice side can be as bad as being too much on the fire side. I think Mel and Val represent Jon's two sides, ice and fire, and he will eventually reject them both and find the middle way.

I don't think the dragon dream is particularly important. It only says they're coming to eat her not that they actually eat her. Although it might be foreshadowing Aegon and Dany trying to have her killed.

Do people seriously think that Shireen will be burnt by Mel? I know GRRM has written some upsetting things but I doubt he's going to have a child (who we've come to know and like) burnt alive.

Stannis has nothing, not even a castle but the one he had to beg the Watch to give him, therefore Shireen has nothing.

Stannis could've taken over the Watch if he wanted, it was hardly any begging. Nevertheless, she has a great family name. She's also 3rd in line with Stannis considered a traitor. Her mother's family still holds out at Brightwater Keep, while Bear Islands, Deepwood Motte and the Mountain Clans have joined her father's realm. I don't consider it nothing.

• 3 months later...

Let's see, for Shireen becoming the Queen she has:

1. To have supporters.

2. To have supporters that will fight for her.

3. To conquer the Throne.

4. To become a non puppet Queen.

5. To survive the LN2.0

6. To survive greyscale.

7. To survive the War.

Also the rhymes Shireen=Queen is just silly. Shireen also rhymes with Meereen where there is sickness and death which means that Shireen will die from either sickness or war.

Davos would. Justin Massey is ordered to bring 20000 sellswords for Shireen. If Rickon is enough for northeners to rally behind, I don't see how Shireen can't be a rallying-point for Stannis-supporters. And she is not sick by the way, she just has a huge scar in her face.

Davos may support support her but he has no army. He also isn't respect enough by other Lords to gather support for her. Massey was ordered to bring sellswords for Shireen but the money for those sellswords are coming from the IB. The IB is backing Stannis. I doubt the IT would back Shireen if Stannis died. Betting on a little girl to rule Westeros isn't a good bet.

Also Rickon and Shireen can't be compared IMO. The Starks have ruled for thousands of years and are highly respected in the North. Stannis hasn't even sat on the IT and only has a small base of support. I doubt people will flock to Shireen like Northerners will flock to Rickon if he returns.

As to her being sick I guess it's a matter of opinion. Val seems to think she is a great danger who needs to be killed. Others think her greyscale is nothing. I guess we will have to see.

Also what does Shireen offer Westeros? The Others are invading and realm is shattered. Do you really think a little girl the best person to put things back together? Keep in mind she most likely won't be old enough to rule at first so she will likely have no real power anyway. Most of the people supporting Shireen will be doing so because to have the opportunity to rule themselves until she comes of age.

Personally I think Shireen will become queen right at the end of the books, after all the other contenders have killed each other. I think eventually it will be decided that having a Baratheon on the throne is the best chance of peace so they will call on Shireen.

Is Shireen really the best bet at peace? She won't be of age which means a Regeant will rule which means internal power struggles. Again what does she offer? She isn't Stannis. She isn't a hardened battle commander. She isn't know for her Just rule. She isn't the Lord of Lights savior. She is just a little girl. If Stannis dies she has no power base. Men will be fighting to win her hand in marriage and to be her Regeant so they can have power. She would be a puppet and nothing more.

I do think it's possible that a Baratheon will sit the IT at the end of the books but I think it will be one of Roberts bastards if anything.

Shireen is after Stannis, who is after Dany (who is supposed to be barren), who is after Aegon (if real). Stannis is also right after Myrcella, who is right after Tommen. Shireen's not in a bad place in the succession queue for after the principal claimants have duked it out.

I think this Queen Shireen stuff is just Stannis fans going through the stages of grief, i.e.

Denial - Stannis won't die! He really is Azhor Ahai Reborn, and he'll be sitting the IT by the end of the series!

Anger - see: Dany hate threads.

Bargaining - okay, so maybe Stannis won't get to rule Westeros, but what if he kinda does, through his daughter?

But instead of getting to the depression stage, they go back to into denial again, this time for Shireen:

Denial - Shireen won't die of greyscale! What does that backwater hick, Val, know? Shireen has all the qualities of a good Queen, even though we know next to nothing about her.

1. To have supporters(Stannis's supporters/those keeping to Stag dynasty).

2. To have supporters that will fight for her(See Theon's WoW spoiler chapter, base covered).

3. To conquer the Throne.(Her Hand or regent has to, and she has several good options including Jon & Davos)

4. To become a non puppet Queen(Not Required).

5. To survive the LN2.0 (That is true for everyone, but she has the advantage of the anti other force being on her side, (and two AA candidates).)

6. To survive greyscale(Been there, done that, and niw has immunity to grey scale & plague)

7. To survive the War.(She will have Stannis's allies, the Iron Bank, and the North(especially the North if married to Rickon/Bran/or Jon ) to insure that).

Also the rhymes Shireen=Queen is just silly. Shireen also rhymes with Meereen where there is sickness and death which means that Shireen will die from either sickness or war. ( :stillsick: )

You logic is flawed. Shireen is in a good position to get the throne. Actually, her position is better than Dany's as of Dance.

I think this Queen Shireen stuff is just Stannis fans going through the stages of grief, i.e.

Denial - Stannis won't die! He really is Azhor Ahai Reborn, and he'll be sitting the IT by the end of the series!

Bargaining - okay, so maybe Stannis won't get to rule Westeros, but what if he kinda does, through his daughter?

But instead of getting to the depression stage, they go back to into denial again, this time for Shireen:

Denial - Shireen won't die of greyscale! What does that backwater hick, Val, know? Shireen has all the qualities of a good Queen, even though we know next to nothing about her.

Thread won. Well done Ser!

Jon's Queen Consort, on 16 Jun 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

1. Stannis's supporters/those keeping to Stag dynasty.

2. See Theon's WoW spoiler chapter, base covered.

3. Her Hand or regent has to, and she has several good options including Jon & Davos.

4. Not Required.

5. That is true for everyone, but she has the advantage of the anti other force being on her side, (and two AA candidates).

6. Been there, done that, and niw has immunity to grey scale & plague.

7. She will have Stannis's allies, the Iron Bank, and the North(especially the North if married to Rickon/Bran/or Jon ) to insure that.

You logic is flawed. Shireen is in a good position to get the throne. Actually, her position is better than Dany's as of Dance.

1. You mean some landless knights?

2. Again do you mean some landless knights?

3. How so? Do they have an army big and strong enough to conquer the Throne?

4. Right because if she is a puppet queen married to someone who will actually rule and her role will be purely ceremonial is the same with an actual non puppet queen.

5. Really? Because the way I see it she is in the front line where the Others will pass to get to Westeros which is much more dangerous than being in Dorne for example. Also for now AAR is comatose so he can't do many things.

6. You have read ADOS :eek: ? Because that is the only way to be sure that she has immunity.

7. She has only some knights who hold no real power. The IB fights for Stannis and she will not have the North mostly because not even Stannis has the North only the Starks have the North.

( :stillsick: ) Why? If some people claim that Shireen=Queen is a foreshadowing I don't see why Shireen=Meereen isn't one.

Shireen is a sickly girl in the front line without supporters and with foreshadowings and dreams that she will die. Yes, you are right. However I never said that Dany has better chances.

We know she's the daughter of Stannis, the best King ever :cool4: .

I do think the anger of Stanstans on Dany is a bit ridiculous, just like Dany, Stannis would want to restore his family's name at all cost. I could kinda like Dany if she got on her dragon and moved it to Westeros. I disagree with the bargaining point, Queen Shireen is just the logical next step when looking into the family trees and inheritance laws, both for Baratheon and Targaryen. There aren't that many claimants left, so just by surviving, Shireen would stand a decent chance.

Archived