Who would be the worst character to sit the Iron Throne realistically?

LdOfWfll

People saying Daenaerys and Jon Snow when there are people like Ramsay, Roose, Walder, Randyl Tarly around, seriously, it's ok to no be fond of a character, but, don't be obtuse, were you part of the Seven Kingdoms and you get to choose between lets say: Ramsay, Jon or Dany, who would you seriously pick?

Ramsay for me would be the worst, the mad king would be considered good near this freak.

I agree...though why is Tarly in that list? Even Roose, he's a massive arse, but a quiet rule a quiet people seems like something the SK's need.

Cersei is a good choice. We only saw her during war on her family. And she won. So yeah, I see people hate her for being anti Stark, but be open minded. She is a mediocre choice, not an awful. I like Tyrion, but he would be awful as king. He's the born hand. But Cersei is a queen. she can rule. Put some good advisers there and you have a good average kingdom.

Dany is still only 14-15 years old. She still has plenty of years to learn how to rule. Its the reason she stayed in Mereen to begin with.

The one person I don't want to see on the throne is Tywin Lannister. He's uncompromising and demands loyalty through fear. While a king needs a strong spine, his rigidness is usually what leads to downfall.

No one has mentioned Lysa Tully. After seeing her at the Vale, I would hate to see her or Robin both take the throne.

I have also observed that people seem to be judging based on who is nice/mean/dangerous/etc, would you like to see Hodor sitting on the throne?

Dany. There are many characters who would be worse rulers than her, but among all of the remaining contenders for the the iron throne she is without doubt the worst. She sacked Astapor, ruined its economy (no matter how morally reprehensible that economy was), and created an environment ripe for the creation of a tyrant like Cleon. She left no army to keep the peace, leaving the people there to fend for themselves. She then forced Yunkai to surrender, but she did not completely destroy their capacity to rise against her after she left, which they did. In Mereen, she again proved her ineptitude at ruling time and time again. She failed to handle things in a diplomatic fashion, instead making an enemy out of every city around her. She took several children as hostages and then failed to do anything to them after the attacks continued. I am not in support of killing children, but she was a fool to make threats that she was not prepared to carry out. As bad as slavery is, she only caused more people to needlessly suffer and die due to her failures.

People saying Daenaerys and Jon Snow when there are people like Ramsay, Roose, Walder, Randyl Tarly around, seriously, it's ok to no be fond of a character, but, don't be obtuse, were you part of the Seven Kingdoms and you get to choose between lets say: Ramsay, Jon or Dany, who would you seriously pick?

Ramsay for me would be the worst, the mad king would be considered good near this freak.

I'd take a 4th choice and go Stan the Man.

He'd turn the Seven Kingdoms into the grooviest whorehouse this side of Planetos, a realm full of potential exciting sexcapades for King Podrick, Shaggiest of His Name.

Are you sure you aren't confusing show Pod with book Pod?

Well, all that needs to be done to make Cersei the best Queen ever, is the people love her and be loved by her. If she loves them, they don't have to fear. Cersei is criminally focused on protecting the ones she loves. So that would be it. The Westerosi would be well cared for. Its easy as that, really

When my brother falls, see that no insult is done to his corpse. He is my own blood, I will not have his head paraded about on a spear.

- Renly - Page 500 ACOK

How soon they forget...or ignore.

I was talking about what Stannis had actually done not what Renly was going to do. Stannis still killed his brother for a chair and kingship that he has claimed he doesn't want he has done heinous crimes for that chair just like everyone else(except Robb).

And any Barathepn would be the worst to sit the throne, they have all bought war and destruction to Westeros for their own reason, they have neglected the throne and made war into a game and would commit disgusting acts for their own gains. It's no wonder Westeros is in the state it is in.

I was talking about what Stannis had actually done not what Renly was going to do. Stannis still killed his brother for a chair and kingship that he has claimed he doesn't want he has done heinous crimes for that chair just like everyone else(except Robb).

And any Barathepn would be the worst to sit the throne, they have all bought war and destruction to Westeros for their own reason, they have neglected the throne and made war into a game and would commit disgusting acts for their own gains. It's no wonder Westeros is in the state it is in.

What about Shireen?

Or Euron Greyjoy getting the throne by right of conquest..

That would be the best case scenario, actually.

The worst would be Daenerys.

I haven't included the likes of Ramsay and Qyburn here, because the thread said "realistically", and I can't seem to find either of them winding up on the IT realistic at all.

I don't think Cersei is that bad. Aside all the petty and short sigthed decisions, she actually cares a little. In contrast to Robert. She's still awful, but not one of the worst.

She is a monster who knew her actions could start a war and dismissed the consequences for her acts and have ignored what millions have suffered because of her inbred spawns and her ugly quest for power. Cersei is as horrible as Ramsey for the that throne.

That would be the best case scenario, actually.

The worst would be Daenerys.

I haven't included the likes of Ramsay and Qyburn here, because the thread said "realistically", and I can't seem to find either of them winding up on the IT realistic at all.

You are the most ridiculous IB homer ever. Euron getting the throne= best case scenario? EURON? Patchface would be a better king.

And Dany would be a very good ruler. I frankly think that if Tommen were raised right he'd actually be the best, but I think Dany has it in her to be a decent queen. She gets far too much hate.

Archived