Who would be the worst character to sit the Iron Throne realistically?

LdOfWfll

The Iron throne situation is actually fine right now. Tyrells and Lannisters and Martells and a Baratheon pretender. who cares. It's fine. It only lacks a Tywin. A man who can use the wealth and power responsibly.

Never said I hated Dany, just said I'd much prefer to see other characters sitting it. Mine own opinion. But Dany would be a bad ruler, she can't even command.

Not some abstract "other characters", but, specifically, Ramsay Bolton. Yep, that's good ol' irrational Dany hate in all its splendor. You really wanna pretend it's anything else?

Not some abstract "other characters", but, specifically, Ramsay Bolton. Yep, that's good ol' irrational Dany hate in all its splendor. You really wanna pretend it's anything else?

It think you'll notice the word "realistically" in the thread title if you read it.

You are the most ridiculous IB homer ever. Euron getting the throne= best case scenario? EURON? Patchface would be a better king.

Amusing. I'm a "homer" ? I'm afraid I don't even know what that means. Someone enlighten me ?

I'll have a wild guess and assume it means I like the Ironborn. In that, I am guilty as charged I'm afraid. Not least because of hate-filled rants such as these. It's a guilty pleasure of mine how much they amuse me.

The Iron throne situation is actually fine right now. Tyrells and Lannisters and Martells and a Baratheon pretender. who cares. It's fine. It only lacks a Tywin. A man who can use the wealth and power responsibly.

Tywin used his wealth and power to exterminate houses and unleash monsters onto innocent people a very evil person like him should be nowhere near the throne.

And the throne is not fine when the Lannisters, Tyrells, and Martells are using it for their own advantages such as securing power and settling almost two decade old feuds and not having a care for the smallfolk and the fact that winter has arrived and more people will die because of the war that they were plunged into against their will.

Amusing. I'm a "homer" ? I'm afraid I don't even know what that means. Someone enlighten me ?

I'll have a wild guess and assume it means I like the Ironborn. In that, I am guilty as charged I'm afraid. Not least because of hate-filled rants such as these. It's a guilty pleasure of mine how much they amuse me.

It's a sports term. It means you are ridiculously biased in favor of your particular team and refuse to think at all realistically regarding them (e.g. "I'm an alumni of Utah State, and they're so awesome they can beat Alabama!"). I think it fits rather well here, considering your history of posts regarding the Ironborn.

Arya - so agree. She might be well loved, but is more narrowminded than Stannis. She really tattooed the cersei line onto her chest : You win or you die.

Wolves : No. just no. I get you love the Northeners, but they started a crazy war as much as the southeners. And given the needed power, they wouldve done a red wedding on Joff. And they had no right for the throne ( in the north). They did it for pride. Which reminds us of Robert, the usurper. They are actually not that good, these northeners. The Starks colours are grey, not white, just like everyone elses.

AND: most importantly, Tywin defended his family and by extend the throne. He didn't do it just to do it. He fought for his king.

Arya - so agree. She might be well loved, but is more narrowminded than Stannis. She really tattooed the cersei line onto her chest : You win or you die.

Wolves : No. just no. I get you love the Northeners, but they started a crazy war as much as the southeners. And given the needed power, they wouldve done a red wedding on Joff. And they had no right for the throne ( in the north). They did it for pride. Which reminds us of Robert, the usurper. They are actually not that good, these northeners. The Starks colours are grey, not white, just like everyone elses.

Stark colors are actually white AND gray.

Well, they did rule in the North as sovereign kings for ~8000 years. I'd say that qualifies as having the right to reforge a crown.

Ramsey is my vote for absolute worst possible....

I'd say Qyburn is #2

The Mountain would be #3

As far as people actually capable of winning the iron throne (or that already have it)?

Any Ironborne or Any Dothraki is the worst... their nomadic/raiding styles simply conflict with how to form a functional society. Neither even uses a functional currency.

Joffery/Cersei is #2 (Listed as a pair because Joff did very little ruling during his reign)

Just Cersei is #3

The Faith is #4

The Maesters are my #5

I think Stannis is #6 behind them, given how much he listens to Mel.

I think Aegon is just behind Stannis @ #7. I feel as though he is far more dangerous in his ignorance/naivety than Daenerys is.

Dany is my #8... She will try and do well, but she has far too much power (dragons/armies) that she simply isn't yet capable of properly wielding.

Littlefinger is my #9. He would run the country well, but his personal ambition will always be more important to him than the realm, causing bad things to happen.

My number #10 is a little bit crackpot, but the Iron Bank of Braavos+ Faceless Men, being a sort of "Shadow government" really pulling the strings behind the scene. "Ruling" via massive debts/financial control/economically from the banking side, and via targeted assassinations via the FM side. A bit crackpot, perhaps, but certainly more plausible than any situation where Ramsey "Don't call me Snow" Bolton ends up on the throne...

Stark colors are actually white AND gray.

Well, they did rule in the North as sovereign kings for ~8000 years. I'd say that qualifies as having the right to reforge a crown.

If you put that shirt in the machine it gets kinda all grey and grey over a time. god. it was a metaphor.

And no, I don't give a shit who ruled his turf 300 years ago. the Targaryens united them all. So don't get me wrong, but they kinda did wrong here. The only right they can base their war on (which rose a war through ALL of westeros) is the right of conquest. which is no right at all

Euron was elected, and elected to do just that - take the Iron Throne and rule. What other leader can say that?

Daenerys. :P

But I agree. Euron at least got one white fleck on his shirt

AND: most importantly, Tywin defended his family and by extend the throne. He didn't do it just to do it. He fought for his king.

Robb started out to save his family who let's be reminded was done wrong. Robb's father was murdered sisters kidnapped and abused and his father's men murdered, I'm not justifying Robb marching to war but his reason was not for that ugly chair or a crown and that along makes him awesome in my book.

And I doubt Robb had it in him to sit 3500 men/women down under a roof under the pretense that they were on good terms than massacre them and brutalize their bodies.

Robb had every right to the title of King In the North

And Tywin defended his name not family he didn't give a shit about the throne when the Night's Watch was asking for their assistance and he dismissed the plea because he wanted Robb to have another problem with the Wildings. He didn't care about the throne when the he ordered the Riverlands to be burned and let his monsters loose on the smallfolk.

Tywin fought to keep monsters on that throne with no care for anybody or anything that is not a man who should have power let along a throne.

I like your points. Disagree, but yeah. But NW ? If Robb wouldve been asked to help the NW, he would not. NO ONE believes the NW serves a purpose. The NW is regarded as prison. nothing more. Even Ned said that. He said it straight into the face of Varys.

But let's keep that out of here, ok ? Agree to disagree.

Archived