[Book Spoilers] Arya and The Hound Speculation

Ser Hugh BuckweII

The Hound makes it and never becomes the silent giant.

Fingers crossed. Maybe he travels with Arya to Bravos. Wouldn't that be something.

while that'd be a Gigantic deviation. Wouldn't be totally opposed to it as i love the pairing.

Anyway,just cause he doesn't immediately show signs of injury doesn't mean one didn't happen. Maybe he gets a really nasty cut that gets all infected.

The Hound makes it and never becomes the silent giant.

Fingers crossed. Maybe he travels with Arya to Bravos. Wouldn't that be something.

Personally I think Arya needs to do that journey alone, but it could potentially ruin a future plot line also!

Most people believe The Hound isn't dead, and in fact has been taken in by the Religious faith of the Seven, and he's repented on his former life. This potentially makes him a champion of the faith, and potentially the one who will fight in the name of the faith against Cersei's champion in the next book. I know that's all speculation, but I really like it

while that'd be a Gigantic deviation. Wouldn't be totally opposed to it as i love the pairing.

Anyway,just cause he doesn't immediately show signs of injury doesn't mean one didn't happen. Maybe he gets a really nasty cut that gets all infected.

Same here, haha. They're my favorite duo after Bronn and Tyrion. Those four need their own spin-off(s).

Personally I think Arya needs to do that journey alone, but it could potentially ruin a future plot line also!

Most people believe The Hound isn't dead, and in fact has been taken in by the Religious faith of the Seven, and he's repented on his former life. This potentially makes him a champion of the faith, and potentially the one who will fight in the name of the faith against Cersei's champion in the next book. I know that's all speculation, but I really like it

Indeed. I don't think they'd do anything that drastic. They're still trying to represent the books as best they can.

Yeah I think another fight will happen mid season with some other King's men, possibly with Rorge and Biter to refresh the viewers on who they are before the Brienne incident. The Hound gets wounded (possibly bitten) in THAT tussle, and Arya's journey progresses solo from there. I think that would be a good call if they are doing that as although The Hound/Arya relationship is great, there's not much going on between the tavern fight and Arya going to Braavos.

The Hound going to Essos with Arya is a set up that I would loathe (along with the speculation that Gendry will row to Essos to meet her). They are both terrible scenarios.

Arya's whole story is about how, one by one, she loses everyone she puts any trust in and is alone and has to carve her own way.

Edit: spelling

Watch the weapons featurette from a week or two ago. You see a bloodied Sandor in what looks to be a Vale-like setting. Either they fight the Knights of the Vale or they help the KOTV fight somebody...maybe Hill Tribes or Rorge and co.

it can still end up identical outcome. remember when sandor is wounded and arya tends to him, and he practically begs for her to kill him?

what if on the show, arya stabs him with needle, arya takes the initiative, then leaves him there bleeding out

Sandor cannot become a faceless man for about a zillion reasons, not the least of his extraordinary size although we don't have a good comparison for that because of the way the scenes are shot.

And no one can just walk up and say, "hey guys I want to join you"

He is against all elites of any kind and he would see the faceless man as part of just another pretentious elite.

they wouldn't accept him because they wouldn't think he was sharp enough.

Arya's trick played about kill yourself, plus her courage concerning letting them out of the cage after standing up to them

Things will probably go down more or less the same way by the end of the season, there's plenty of dangers they can run into. Having said that, I wouldn't put it past them changing it up, and wouldn't really mind keeping the Hound in the game a little longer.

Sandor going with Arya to Braavos is as stupid as it is counterproductive.

This is more than just speculation. There's strong evidence for it, and Martin himself has stated that offscreen deaths are often not deaths at all. This is one of the few theories I take as gospel truth.

Man it really sucks how they changed the books and can't go back to those chapters they skipped with Arya, just like they couldn't go back half a book with Tyrion to let him meet the Red Viper.................

in all seriousness is anyone complaining that The Hound will have at least one more fight than the books? I mean I enjoy reading about him chopping wood, but I really enjoy watching him beat the shit out of people.

Oh and my money is on

Brienne / Arya meeting because the irony would be too much

I'm guessing that The Hound's plan to bring Arya to the Vale will be more fully realised in the show. Rather than just turning away at the first sign of snows, they'll manage to sneak into the Vale but be waylaid by Knights who Lysa's tasked with protecting the Vale's borders from the war.

I book 2 Aryas pov was used to show how the war effected the smallfolk. They didn´t have time for this in season 2, since Arya had lots to do with her little band and harenhall story (and a dragon kidnapping taking up a lot of time).

The end of the episode is a view of the riverlands burning. I think we might get some Arya book 2 like scenes. Dont think the hound was hurt in the fight. Might happen later. Perhaps the village he helps in the vale will be attacked by raiders.

Archived