[Book Spoilers] Arya and The Hound Speculation

Ser Hugh BuckweII

Since book spoilers are in the title im just going to assume i dont have to show any fear is what i post.

Guys, speaking of losing characters, motherfucken Charles Dance is leaving us this season! Toward the end perhaps, but he's going to have to leave! He played Tywin absolutely flawlessly! Wouldnt you assume this is the season he kicks?

It's funny that so many people aren't a fan of the Hound accompanying Arya to Essos but I find their interactions some of my favorite parts of the show.

HBO has done a great job with the Hound's character and if they want to keep this "buddy cop" thing going for ever I am fine with it.

All good things come to an end. Many people would no doubt have liked to have seen Sean Bean's portrayal of Ned to continue for many seasons as well. He had to get the chop to drive the plot forward... as does Arya finally having to strike out alone.

Since book spoilers are in the title im just going to assume i dont have to show any fear is what i post.

Guys, speaking of losing characters, motherfucken Charles Dance is leaving us this season! Toward the end perhaps, but he's going to have to leave! He played Tywin absolutely flawlessly! Wouldnt you assume this is the season he kicks?

Yes, I would think so, unless they really want to stretch the plot out, due to fear that the show will catch up to the novels. But Tywin died in the third book, and this entire season only has to cover about the last 400 pages of that book, so I'm guessing he's history around episode 8 or 9.

Their story is going to be stretched out a bit. I imagine scenes the books glossed over will be made into episode long events. For example: Arya and the Hound crossing the river or the time they stayed in that village where Arya killed "Ser Soldier".

I'll be cash-money we'll get a scene this season of Arya warging Nymeria. It's been entirely too long since we've seen or heard of Nymeria. Now is the perfect time to bring her back since Jon is fighting wargs and Bran learning to be one. TV viewers need to know all of the Stark children are wargs.

I'll be cash-money we'll get a scene this season of Arya warging Nymeria. It's been entirely too long since we've seen or heard of Nymeria. Now is the perfect time to bring her back since Jon is fighting wargs and Bran learning to be one. TV viewers need to know all of the Stark children are wargs.

Maisie was asked about warging in one of her innumerable promotional interviews and she talked about it as something she'd like to see in future seasons; it didn't sound like it was going to be brought up this year.

To those who were questioning whether or not Arya would go to Braavos...its confirmed. They've cast Gary Oliver as "Braavosi Captain" and he appears in episode ten. So that's that.

As to how the Hound will be wounded, I will reiterate my previous post here. Watch "the weapons and training" feature. They filmed his wounded scenes in Iceland and there looked to be Knights of the Vale present. So either he helps them out or they wound him. It would bring a nice consistency to the series if he's helping them fight Tyrion's former buddy tribesman who now have Lannister weaponry. It would be kindof like America arming Afghan militias during the Cold War. What do they call it...blowback.

Maisie was asked about warging in one of her innumerable promotional interviews and she talked about it as something she'd like to see in future seasons; it didn't sound like it was going to be brought up this year.

That interview was before season 3, hard to recall since like you said numerous interviews but that means that it was before filming for this season happened, before scripts happened etc.

Their story is going to be stretched out a bit. I imagine scenes the books glossed over will be made into episode long events. For example: Arya and the Hound crossing the river or the time they stayed in that village where Arya killed "Ser Soldier".

I disagree. I think last season they established Bran as a warg and what they are, I think this season establishes that Bran is more than that, then the show can establish that the rest of them are. Either this season or next. It seems important to not over lap those things.

I mean besides the cat for eyes and Jon needing to enter Ghost we know nothing of how important it will be for them to be wargs. Could they drop it? IDK, I mean I hope not but never count out cutting out the magic element when possible.

I rewatched the episode and I noticed the Hound was actually wounded on his back (he also stretches his hand to reach the bleeding cut), but I really much doubt he will die from this injury: the trailers show they have at least five more scenes together: 1) Arya saying her prayer 2) the gift of mercy 3) Arya training with her sword 4) Arya & Hound walk together, him counting his money 5) a fight scene

Agreed with those who say he will be wounded again in the fight scene in the Vale... If so he will be wounded just few meters before they reach Sansa :crying:

First time post from a long-time lurker, de-cloaking to say that this is precisely what I'm really worried about. As a firm believer in the Gravedigger theory, if Arya does divert from the story in the show, and does give him the Gift instead of riding off... it seems to me that would carry some heavy implications for any future (theorized) involvement Sandor might have in the books.

It's my hope she finds she can't do it... but because she's come to care for him.

If she gives him an on-screen death, I will cry ALL of the crocodile tears. I'll probably keep reading and watching, but I'll hate myself for it, LOL ;o)

If she kills him on-screen, that probably means that Sandor isn't coming back in the books either. There is no way the TV producers and writers wouldn't use Sandor if GRRM tells them that he plans to use him in a latter book.

Also:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/260/b/0/arya_the_girl_and_sandor_the_hound_by_tophatturtle-d6mchp1.png

Adventure time

C’mon grab your knifes

We’ll go and end some

Miserable lives.

With Sandor the hound

And Arya the girl,

The fun will never end,

It’s adventure time!

I didn't think that Arya's smile at the end of the episode seemed especially cold or dark. At the beginning of the episode all she had was her grief, her pain, her anger and her hunger. At the end of the episode she had vengeance, Needle, a horse and some chicken. I think it's understandable that she was feeling chuffed at that point.

Also, in the book Arya has been through and done more than she has on the show. I'm pretty sure she must have killed one or more soldiers during the battle with Amory Lorch's men, although there were no confirmed kills, and she seemed pretty much at ease with killing the guard at Harrenhal. Plus she was quick to skewer that kid when she fled KL so, all in all, she is comfortable with killing already. She just needs to become more proficient. :)

If Sandor does indeed get injured in the Vale then it will be a crime against TV if we don't see a face-off between the Hound and Shagga/Timett and co. Arya will need to double back to Saltpans so it seems like a strange detour to make though.

It's funny that so many people aren't a fan of the Hound accompanying Arya to Essos but I find their interactions some of my favorite parts of the show.

HBO has done a great job with the Hound's character and if they want to keep this "buddy cop" thing going for ever I am fine with it.

Yeah, I've always preferred Arya and the Hound being teamed up, they have suprisingly good chemistry together in the books as well as the TV series, there sort of like Dunk&Egg with a much darker feel to them.

Does anyone get the feeling that in the TV show, they seem to be putting a softer, gentler spin on this? Almost like they're a team? In the books, despite the fact that they worked together, you could see there was an underlying hate there and that Arya would get rid of The Hound as soon as she could, meanwhile in the tv show, it seems that they're building this "reluctant team" angle- a vibe I didn't get from the books at all. Is it just me?

Does anyone get the feeling that in the TV show, they seem to be putting a softer, gentler spin on this? Almost like they're a team? In the books, despite the fact that they worked together, you could see there was an underlying hate there and that Arya would get rid of The Hound as soon as she could, meanwhile in the tv show, it seems that they're building this "reluctant team" angle- a vibe I didn't get from the books at all. Is it just me?

I think when I read the book I got the feeling for awhile that they were actually starting to grow on each other. Especially after Sandor saved her in the aftermath of the Red Wedding. Of course it all fell apart when Arya left him to die, but up until that point, I thought they might become friends lol.

Archived