The 100 - someone had to start this thread

denstorebog

I was sort of looking forward to this and had higher hopes than I should have. Unfortunately, it is turning in to every other CW show and we're going to end up with nothing but love triangles and relationship drama.

Raven is getting annoying as shit. It's like her sole purpose is to be a walking affront to the Bechdel test. If she says something, it's about Finn. If she does something, it's to get noticed by Finn. If she has sex with someone, it's to spite Finn.

Clarke cutting that guy's throat was pretty brutal though. Getting snared and hanging from a tree was somewhat less brutal and quite a disappointing cliffhanger. Also, everything on Galactica The Ark was a waste of time.

I didn't mind the episode. Mother being alive was expected. And Raven's mooning over Finn is imho logical,she did spend half of her life with a guy and risk her life for him only to find him in love with other girl,just skipping over that in one episode would be a bit unrealistic,she is being flushed out as the only mechanic they have so maybe they'll eventually stop with triangle bs and concentrate on that. Maybe.

BTW someone earlier said it's strange/stupid they sent only teenager delinquents on the mission. It turns out there are no adult prisoners. Every crime is punishable by death and only if you're under 18 you end up in prison,when you turn 18 you can have retrial and maybe you get to walk free. Only expendables they have are those kids.

I'll give this a shot.... the premise seems kind of weird... but I'm hoping that the writing, and character development will make it a good watch.... hopefully --in a story like this-- we'll actually be able to give a shit about these people.

Snicker, yes, I believe snicker aptly describes what I did when I read that.

Ok, I almost did not start to watch this because of it seemingly too close to Star-Cross. If you didn't see it, good for you, think a crapper version of Roswell, where all the cool alien stuff plays a back seat to High School students trying to save the world and the rest of teenage melodrama. It had some cool ideas about the aliens but was more interested in trying to be a love story then to really deal w/ the alien parts.

As for this, I haven't given up on it. It could be cool, if it stops trying to be only about the teens ( problem is that won't happen, but one can hope)

the Cast on the station is fairly good for something like this, Washington, Turco, Cusick, Juliani, and Vernon have all been on good shows.

The ground cast is also good w/ Lachman small parts in lots of good things, and bigger parts in lots of things that haven't work out. Steve Bacic (who was killed off in the last ep) has been in every sci/fi film/movie/TV series in the last 20 years except Star Wars and Star Trek, they could have used him much better then as a one off er.

I think they took a risk in more then ep 3 and 4, on the pilot when one of the "main" group of kids was hit by a spear, minutes after he saved another, and got kissed. I kind of wish they had just let him die, instead of being able to save him ( and to be completely healed in couple more ep's). The fact that Clarke's father died, and she didn't learn the real truth until later were also nice touches.

If they can write the other parts of this show better and give it the air time to grow and build properly this could be a very good show.

The only good thing

Come on that kid had Red Shirt written on his forehead, in big bright red color. I am disappointed they found him alive, just so he could give them the "they took them" message.

Reapers! And since they're practically Reavers, I declare this whole thing a Firefly spin-off. And since Gaeta is the link to Battlestar Galactica, this will be the series where we see Colonel Tigh get drunk with Jayne and exchange war stories.

Aaanyway ... I was wondering if it's set in stone that the traitorous councilmember (Kate Vernon) is dead? The ship did blow up, but she had just been set up deliberately as a villain. In the end, what difference did she really make if she's dead? On the other hand, with The 100, the grounders, the reapers and the soon-to-crash Ark all occupying the land, adding survivors from her Exodus ship might be a bit much.

Reapers! And since they're practically Reavers, I declare this whole thing a Firefly spin-off. And since Gaeta is the link to Battlestar Galactica, this will be the series where we see Colonel Tigh get drunk with Jayne and exchange war stories.

Aaanyway ... I was wondering if it's set in stone that the traitorous councilmember (Kate Vernon) is dead? The ship did blow up, but she had just been set up deliberately as a villain. In the end, what difference did she really make if she's dead? On the other hand, with The 100, the grounders, the reapers and the soon-to-crash Ark all occupying the land, adding survivors from her Exodus ship might be a bit much.

Firefly Galactica...it has potential.

I think her purpose was to damage the arc so they would have to go to the ground. I wouldn't say she's villain just desperate enough. I think for now there's no reason for her to be around but if all the council members get down maybe they'll resurrect her character again to be pain in their necks. I would be fine if she stays dead.

Reapers are what? cannibals that like to eat live people? crazy mutants? Interesting,I want more Earth info.

I am not watching a lot of shows right now but I'm watching this. I thought it would be terrible but as I usually do I gave it a shot, and now I enjoy it. It's not as predictable and cheesy as expected, and the kids are as dysfunctional and eager to mutiny as I would expect. They are struggling, and it's going pretty bad. I think the love story is nicely put in the background most of the time, instead of being the main story. Thank you for that, showmakers.

I think they made it so they could leave the door open, but make it look like she/ all of them, or dead. All they would have to do fix it is to show an escape pod, shot off further away. Hell they could bring them back in season 3 if it makes it that far.

Firefly Galactica...it has potential.

Damn, that is effing awesome name.

I was almost surprised w/ the ending. I knew in ep 1 that someone would be in the mountain base, but didn't get that would be the "mountain men". I also so thought that we wouldn't see them until the 2nd season (again if it got there, and it will).

Has someone been reading the book ?

The second book is scheduled for september, but the showrunner (Jason Rothenberg) seems to have already written season 2 (or at least laid the plan of it) given his interviews.

Do season 1 adapt the first book faithfully ? Or did they diverge ?

If it's the former, it would be interesting to know if he works with the author and knows the outline of book 2 before its release.

Anyway, I have to say I enjoyed the show. And liked Rothenberg's interviews. Looking forward to season 2.

Archived