Aegon The Conqueror vs The Breaker Of Chains

Sir Lee knot

Not even fair. Aegon has 2 other dragonriders with him and much older, bigger, and fearsome dragons. Dani has 3 young dragons (who would all probably be taken out just by Balerion) and the Unsullied? And Barristan I guess?

Sorry, but this dance of dragons is not going to be much of a dance.

Aegon has bigger dragons, so Aegon.

Basically this, imo. Aegon's dragons could tear apart Dany's and then make short, short work of her Unsullied, Dothraki, and whoever else she lands with. Unless you consider Aegon VI and his Golden Company to be an adjunct to Dany's invasion forces, in which case they may have the wits to take out Aegon's dragons if they have a lot lot lot of scorpions and some good aim. Though it's still a real longshot, I think.

Not even fair. Aegon has 2 other dragonriders with him and much older, bigger, and fearsome dragons. Dani has 3 young dragons (who would all probably be taken out just by Balerion) and the Unsullied? And Barristan I guess?

Sorry, but this dance of dragons is not going to be much of a dance.

I consider it fair. The guy has three dragons that are huge, true. But he only has like what? 5 thousand men. Where Dany would have over 35 probably 40 thousand. Dragons are great but if your main army is shattered then you are left with pretty much nothing.

I'm not really saying Dany would win but I was hoping for a more convincing argument then "but their so big though"

I consider it fair. The guy has three dragons that are huge, true. But he only has like what? 5 thousand men. Where Dany would have over 35 probably 40 thousand. Dragons are great but if your main army is shattered then you are left with pretty much nothing.

I'm not really saying Dany would win but I was hoping for a more convincing argument then "but their so big though"

More like 8000 unsullied, the rest are useless meat.

She has 8000 eunuchs without ranged weapons, 20000+ naked savages who would flee at first sight of dragon and band of exslaves who dont know nothing about warfare and theyr morale is even lower that dothraki, Overall we have 8000 and 3 dragon hachlings vs 300 years old war trained dragons and rest of Aegons army.

She has 8000 eunuchs without ranged weapons, 20000+ naked savages who would flee at first sight of dragon and band of exslaves who dont know nothing about warfare and theyr morale is even lower that dothraki, Overall we have 8000 and 3 dragon hachlings vs 300 years old war trained dragons and rest of Aegons army.

It hurts my eyes see such an obviously bad misrepresentation of all those units but I'm not even going to try and convince you.

I'll just correct one thing you said. Balerion would only be 100 years old during Aegons conquest not 300. He only lived for 200 years and at his biggest he could swallow a Mammoth whole. I'm not sure how big he would have been during the conquest but I imagine pretty sizable.

Meraxes at her biggest could swallow a horse whole. That's not that much bigger then Drogon (Just give him a few months). She died in Dorne shortly after the Conquest. So probably only a little smaller then she would be in this battle.

Vhagar was the smallest dragon during Aegon's conquest. Although she grew to be as big as Balerion that wasn't for 130 years later.

So by this battle Vhagar is approximately the same size as Rhaegal and Viserion while Drogon is as big as Meraxes or bigger. Balerion would be significantly bigger then all of them.

Isn't that the exact same argument that the Kings of the Reach and Rock tried at the Field of Fire - expect their 40000 thousand weren't barely trained slaves and had the good sense to leg it. Those Unsullied while make a great target, standing in their blocks and not running away

Vhagar would have been much bigger that Rhaegal, Viserion or Drogon. Vhagar died in 130AC at the age of 181. So the dragon would have been around 49 years old at the start of the conquest and 51 years old at the end. Dany's dragons, otoh, are less than 3 years old.

Aegon has 3 fully grown, trained and controllable dragons, a small army and 3 Valyrian steel swords. Dany has 3 teenage, untrained and uncontrollable dragons and a mediocre army with unreliable sellswords. Yeah, Dany is pretty much crisp.

Now if Dany had her dragons trained and they had grown up sufficiently, then the tides may change. The fight may become equal, but Aegon still wins because he is a proven battle commander, where Dany... is a proven horse rider?

Isn't that the exact same argument that the Kings of the Reach and Rock tried at the Field of Fire - expect their 40000 thousand weren't barely trained slaves and had the good sense to leg it. Those Unsullied while make a great target, standing in their blocks and not running away

By the time the Kings of the Rock and the Reach came Aegon had probably doubled or quadrupled his men. He had the Riverlands and Iron islands fighting for him. By the calculations given in the wiki he would have had 11k soldiers and apparently they did flea but Aegon had already killed one King and intimidated the other so much that he just gave in.

In the current scenario Dany has dragons of her own and when you actually calculate the size of Aegon's it turns out they wouldn't be that much bigger. As for the soldiers, get real man...

Vhagar would have been much bigger that Rhaegal, Viserion or Drogon. Vhagar died in 130AC at the age of 181. So the dragon would have been around 49 years old at the start of the conquest and 51 years old at the end. Dany's dragons, otoh, are less than 3 years old.

Sorry, it just isn't the case. If Meraxes is only described as being slightly bigger then Drogon is now and Vhagar is described as being the smallest then by the time it would take Dany to get to Westeros Rhaegal and Visarion would almost be about equal size. It's just the facts.

By the time the Kings of the Rock and the Reach came Aegon had probably doubled or quadrupled his men. He had the Riverlands and Iron islands fighting for him. By the calculations given in the wiki he would have had 11k soldiers and apparently they did flea but Aegon had already killed one King and intimidated the other so much that he just gave in.

In the current scenario Dany has dragons of her own and when you actually calculate the size of Aegon's it turns out they wouldn't be that much bigger. As for the soldiers, get real man...

"get real man?" would you like to actually explain then just how good you think an army of freed bed slaves, clerks are labourers in mish mash kit are going to be?

If the soldiers of the Reach and Rock ran after seeing Dragonfire why do you think her freedmen will stay? Or the Dothraki which you'll probably give her for this the scenario. The Unsullied will stand and they'll burn.

Sorry, it just isn't the case. If Meraxes is only described as being slightly bigger then Drogon is now and Vhagar is described as being the smallest then by the time it would take Dany to get to Westeros Rhaegal and Visarion would almost be about equal size. It's just the facts.

Meraxes, Aegon's middle dragon was able to swallow a horse whole, Drogon, Dany's biggest is still taking horses in chunks. These aren't facts you're spouting its calculations you've just made up. Aegon's dragons are trained as well whilst Dany's are damn near feral.

You're using that Dany's dragons will be bigger by the time they get to Westeros to give her a boon while and then just assuming that she'll somehow transport her entire army across with no losses when the bloody Ironborn managed to lose more than half their ships just getting to Volantis and they're the best sailors about. Plus Dany having 40,000 is a number you've just pulled out of thin air

People aren't counting Dany's sellsword companies. Still nowhere near enough to win, even if she managed to get every company that's remotely in play, but whoever she has will certainly make more of a difference than her Dothraki and freed bed slaves.

More importantly, if Dany has the Ironborn, then Dany presumably has Dragonbinder.

If I remember correctly, it was believed that the last of the dragonhorns were destroyed in the Doom, until Euron went to the ruins and found one. This would imply that Aegon doesn't have a horn, and, like Dany in the story so far, has to make do "with a word and a whip." The fact that there are no horns with the dragon skulls in the Red Keep is also suggestive.

We don't know for sure what a dragonhorn can do. But we do know that Euron believed he could bind Dany's whip-trained dragons to his will with it. The red priest said that any dragons that hear it must obey the horn's master. If they're right, that would completely turn the tables on Aegon.

And, even if they're wrong, blowing it sounds like the screaming of a thousand souls and makes everyone in earshot feel like their bones have caught fire, which sounds like a pretty good way to disable an enemy army.

Archived