Aegon The Conqueror vs The Breaker Of Chains

Sir Lee knot

"get real man?" would you like to actually explain then just how good you think an army of freed bed slaves, clerks are labourers in mish mash kit are going to be?

If the soldiers of the Reach and Rock ran after seeing Dragonfire why do you think her freedmen will stay? Or the Dothraki which you'll probably give her for this the scenario. The Unsullied will stand and they'll burn.

Meraxes, Aegon's middle dragon was able to swallow a horse whole, Drogon, Dany's biggest is still taking horses in chunks. These aren't facts you're spouting its calculations you've just made up. Aegon's dragons are trained as well whilst Dany's are damn near feral.

You're using that Dany's dragons will be bigger by the time they get to Westeros to give her a boon while and then just assuming that she'll somehow transport her entire army across with no losses when the bloody Ironborn managed to lose more than half their ships just getting to Volantis and they're the best sailors about. Plus Dany having 40,000 is a number you've just pulled out of thin air

Yeah, get real. I personally could careless if you continue believing ridiculous things. If you actually cared how good Dany's army is you'd actually read the wiki pages but you don't because you just want to believe whatever first pops in your head because you don't want to admit you were wrong. So I don't really care what you think.

Yeah, it's a hypothetical battle I mean we're even reviving Aegon and everyone in his retinue but it's unreasonable to teleport Dany's army to the battlefield?. But to be clear I don't think the Reach/Rock men actually ran. At least probably not the Rock's. When Mern was burned alive I believe they called for a ceasefire (literally). Then the Tyrells realized it would only benefit them to join Aegon and after that there's no way the Rock king is going to still fight. If they stuck together and saw it to the end I bet they would have taken down the Dragons eventually but with high casualties.

I was wrong a little. Drogon only has 20 foot wingspan which is smaller then I thought as for the chunks he's taking. They are pretty big chunks I would assume and he's only getting bigger. So mostly the original calculations were a little off but it does show that Aegon's dragons aren't nearly as huge compared to Dany's as people are saying with the exception of Balerian.

I, Aegon the first of his name of the house Targaryen, King of the andals, the rhoynar and the first men, lord of the 7 kingdoms, protector of the realm, the last dragonlord of Valyria, The conqueror of the kingdoms and consumer of worlds hereby end this absurd argument by Making it clear That Balerion alone riding with me atop is enough to CRUSH THE VERY LIFE out of Viserion, Rhaegal and Drogon's (grown dragons) life along with my great great great great great etc granddaughter Daenery's Life as well as her army's!

What surprises me is that someone actually bothered making a thread about this when the answer was rather visible!

I, Aegon the first of his name of the house Targaryen, King of the andals, the rhoynar and the first men, lord of the 7 kingdoms, protector of the realm, the last dragonlord of Valyria, The conqueror of the kingdoms and consumer of worlds hereby end this absurd argument by Making it clear That Balerion alone riding with me atop is enough to CRUSH THE VERY LIFE out of Viserion, Rhaegal and Drogon's (grown dragons) life along with my great great great great great etc granddaughter Daenery's Life as well as her army's!

What surprises me is that someone actually bothered making a thread about this when the answer was rather visible!

The King has spoken! His decree is final.

I am not worthy, I am not worthy, I am not worthy.... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Aegon of course. All of Aegon's dragons are much bigger, older, and are more experienced veterans with the youngest, Vhagar, being 51 at the time according to the wiki. One of Aegon's alone might be enough to tear Dany's three to pieces. Aegon and his sisters also have better control over their dragons compared to Dany. Also, even if you take the dragon factor out, Aegon is older and more experienced at warfare than Dany is.

As for Dany's army, while larger than Aegon's initial army, I don't think they would fare well against either Balerion, Vhagar or Meraxes.

Aegon also manages to do his homework before he invades. He spent years gathering information about the Seven Kingdoms before he finally launched his invasion.

Aegon and it's not even close. He had far fewer men overall than the Westerosi armies and still won, because of his dragons. But Dany's dragons are not Aegon's. And Aegon showed himself to be far shrewder and better prepared than Dany has been thus far. The idea of Dany being "Aegon with teats" has some gaping flaws.

This spite man The breaker of chains ain't even a warrior and aegon and everyone he has are. Heck all he needs to do is unleash Visenya alone and she deals with everything dany has.

No, this is actually absurd. If by Visenya you mean Vhagar then no way. Vhagar would be the smallest out of Aegon's Dragons at this time. Meraxes was big enough to eat a horse whole which Drogon isn't quite there but he's pretty close + if you add a few months it would take her to get to Westeros.

The conclusion is that at most Vhagar is only a little bit bigger then Drogon would be but she is actually probably about the same size. So if it was just Vhagar then the three dragons would easily triple team it and Aegon's ground army would be flattened by Dany's. The dude has less then 5000 soldiers. Even if they were all fully equipped knight's they'd get destroyed.

The number of years it lived doesn't really matter if there is an obvious plot whole here.

Sorry, it just isn't the case. If Meraxes is only described as being slightly bigger then Drogon is now and Vhagar is described as being the smallest then by the time it would take Dany to get to Westeros Rhaegal and Visarion would almost be about equal size. It's just the facts.

These are not the facts. First Meraxes has never been described as slightly bigger than Drogon. In TPatQ, Vhagar is said to have grown nearly as large as Balerion. Whose to say Tyrion did not not mix up Vhagar and Meraxes when describing their skulls in AGoT. At the time of the conquest, Vhagar was approximately half a century old. Are you seriously suggesting that dragons less than three years old would be of a size or bigger than a dragon 50 years old?

The conclusion is that at most Vhagar is only a little bit bigger then Drogon would be but she is actually probably about the same size.

Vhagar was already ~50 years old during the Conquest and wasn't even Aegon's biggest dragon. Drogon is only, what about 3 years old now. Where on earth are you getting the idea that a 3-year-old dragon is going to be the size of a 50-year-old one?

Drogon is not nearly big enough to eat a horse whole. He's still clearly eating horses in chunks even at the end of ADWD, and at this point he's still noticeably larger than either of the other two.

This need to inflate the size of Dany's dragons and turn them into the equivalent of Vhagar, Vermithor, Silverwing, Caraxes, etc. is frankly bizarre and not borne out in the text of tPatQ. I'd put Drogon, as the largest, probably in the range of Tyraxes, Vermax or Arrax. Young but big enough to ride. Rhaegal and Viserion are probably more in the range of Moondancer or Stormcloud. Any one of Aegon's original three would have made short work of Dany's.

Are you seriously suggesting that dragons less than three years old would be of a size or bigger than a dragon 50 years old?

He might be confused with the logic of the television series.

"Think about the skull Arya hides in during Season 1 -- that's supposed to be a full-sized dragon," Benioff says. "And our dragons are still not even close to that. By the time we get to the end, Season 7, that's where they have to get to."

Although, to be fair, wasn't Martin quite adamant that he was not going to let the abandonment of the five-year gap change his vision of the story? I forget the line now, but it was something to the effect of not changing the actions of characters even if they were younger than they were intended to be.

Perhaps the same applies to the Daenerys' dragons. They might bear more resemblance to eight year old dragons than ones of three, although, even accounting for that, they should still be significantly smaller than Aegon's.

I, Daenarys Stormborn, First of my Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, and also of Meereen for Good Measure, and Khaleesi of the Grass Sea because Why Not, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains, Displayer of Tits, Slayer of Lies, hereby blow the only dragonhorn anyone has seen since the Doom of Valyria three times, knocking your three dragons (and therefore also your three generals), into the oceans and brown-noting your troops, thereby winning the fight before it even starts.

Unless Euron lied, or was wrong, in which case I'ma just make a loud noise and then die really fast, because I am just a young girl and know little of this actually fighting wars.

Archived