Rhaegal and Viserion

KINGpanther

LOL- Ive always wondered: what if Jon has to warg into Ghost to survive- before riding a dragon? OWWOOOOO!

But less absurdly, The Poster that was promised said what I was thinking.

Victarion steals Viserion as an agency to get a dragon away from Dany and off to Westeros, before Bran or Jon warg him. As someone (likely Jon) is going to go further north than anyone has before, why not on a Dragon, and why not return from the white riding the white and gold dragon as the king of winter?

Rhaegal- well, Green has been a casual theme in Tyrion's story from the green wildfire of the Blackwater, and seems associated with the Lannister's green eyes, so I can see Tyrion at least having possession of Rhaegal for some time. If he does go to Pentos, he may coincide with Arya, or Illyrio, and if he goes to Westeros, he may coincide with Aegon. He may lose Rhaegal to any of them, but I would like it if ultimately, Bran became it's owner with the bronze and green reminiscent of the COTF and the first men. There is no reason why a person may not have influence over Dragons but only if their motives coincide- like Dany struggling to tame Drogon. Or that contact with new people enable a Dragon to switch allegiance in the absence of blood-binding, or the death of the exixting master forces a necessary switch of owner. So ultimately, I doubt very much we will be restricted to 3 riders during the course of the rest of the story.

My thoughts too. A Direwolf and a Dragon is to much awesomeness for 1 person.

If anyone deserves a direwolf and a dragon, it's Jon ;) (and if L+R = J is true, then it makes even more sense for Jon to have both beasts)

However if you need death for life, then Ghost is the most likely candidate (small sob. I hate when the direwolves are killed)

Just so long as the Direwolf isn't on the Dragon.

Actually, I don't see why we need rule out Brown Benn Plumm- who clearly wields some influence over them. That answer always seems overlooked as BBP doesn't fit the mold or seem important or herioc or high-born enough- which would be perfect! BBP bringing Pentos to heel on Viserion having stolen him from Tyrion.

Actually, I don't see why we need rule out Brown Benn Plumm- who clearly wields some influence over them. That answer always seems overlooked as BBP doesn't fit the mold or seem important or herioc or high-born enough- which would be perfect! BBP bringing Pentos to heel on Viserion having stolen him from Tyrion.

Don't worry, Jon can still travel by Dragon and bring Ghost along. Like this ;)

Jon's sigil someday is totally going to a dragon with a direwolf ridiing it, isn't it?

Why would Tyrion get a dragon? He has no Targ blood and doesn't have a dragon horn. Jon has to get a dragon if R+L=J is true so the only question is who will be the third rider. The most obvious answer is Aegon. It doesn't matter whether he is real or not. I believe he is real but if he is a Blackfyre he still has Targ blood and a better claim than anyone else.

So the three riders of Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion will be Dany, Aegon, and Jon respectively

You don't necessarily need dragon blood or a dragon horn to tame a dragon, though it definitely help. In tPatQ we see a character taming a dragon that doesn't seem to have Targ blood.

I think it's premature to assume that just because Dany has ridden Drogon that he's the only dragon for her. She is their mother and could very well be capable of riding all three.

If I were her, I would choose Viserion: he is the most protective of her (I suspect he is the spirit, or whatever, of Rhaego -- only death can pay for life) and will likely make her safety paramount when the fighting starts.

I can see John on Drogo and then Tyrion on Rhaegal -- who I suspect inherited the spirit of MMD and is therefore likely to bond with someone who is not entirely trustworthy.

If the horn works, first I think Victarion is an idiot if he thinks he's going to get control of a dragon, or of Dany for that matter, and then head west to destroy Euron. Euron is no fool and will undoubtedly have a plan to counter that.

But in any event, if the horn ends up binding a dragon, it will last only as long as the horn does, and then woe to the person who did the binding.

f the horn works, first I think Victarion is an idiot if he thinks he's going to get control of a dragon, or of Dany for that matter, and then head west to destroy Euron. Euron is no fool and will undoubtedly have a plan to counter that.

The magical horn that seemingly came out of nowhere and just so happens to be exactly what he needs? Yeah, I'm not holding my breath that it does anything. I know Euron used it in AFFC but...there is no evidence that it can do anything besides make an impressive noise. And Euron is one heck of a saleman and he spins the tale just right: "found in Valyria, where no one has dared walk except I (now elect me king!), you felt its power (telling your audience what to think and feel after they are surprised by the horn) oh and by the way it can do exactly what we need it to do (now make me king!)"

It just reads too convienent : magical mythic thing that will solve your problems! Huzzah!

(I question this horn in case that wasn't obvious)

I think it's premature to assume that just because Dany has ridden Drogon that he's the only dragon for her. She is their mother and could very well be capable of riding all three.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but somewhere in the books it's stated that dragons can have multiple riders, but NO ONE ever rode more than one dragon

The magical horn that seemingly came out of nowhere and just so happens to be exactly what he needs? Yeah, I'm not holding my breath that it does anything. I know Euron used it in AFFC but...there is no evidence that it can do anything besides make an impressive noise. And Euron is one heck of a saleman and he spins the tale just right: "found in Valyria, where no one has dared walk except I (now elect me king!), you felt its power (telling your audience what to think and feel after they are surprised by the horn) oh and by the way it can do exactly what we need it to do (now make me king!)"

It just reads too convienent : magical mythic thing that will solve your problems! Huzzah!

(I question this horn in case that wasn't obvious)

Yea I'm also skeptical about this horn. Maybe it won't tame the dragons. I can actually see the horn making the dragons wilder and burning Meereen.

Yea I'm also skeptical about this horn. Maybe it won't tame the dragons. I can actually see the horn making the dragons wilder and burning Meereen.

I agree. I think it's going to have the opposite effect than the one intended (part of me wonders if that wasn't Euron's plan to get Vic out of the way. Fake horn promised to bring the dragons to heel but actually destorys his brother)

The cyvasse Tyrion plays has a lot of foreshadowing and other clues going on. Aboard the Shy Maid we first observe Tyrion play Cyvasse with Haldon. Haldon's game has wooden pieces and no colors are decribed but, "Tyrion almost grabbed his dragon but thought better of it." He recalled losing his dragon to a trebuchet in his last game. Later Tyrion did reach for his dragon and defeated the halfmaester. This suggests Viserion's gonna get wacked.

The next game we see him play is against Aegon and, "The dwarf pushed his black dragon across a range of mountains." Note that Tyrion is playing or dancing with the Black Dragon here.

In that same chapter, Tyrion plays against a Volantene who "moved his catapult again, closed his hand around Tyrion's alabaster dragon, removed it from the board." see why I think Viserion's gonna get wacked? And it looks like it might be from one if the six trebuchets at Meereen. My guess would be the one called Dragonbreaker.

Tyrion plays cyvasse with the cook aboard the stinky steward but with little description. He does leave one game needing clear his head of rum and elephants. Aegon is the only player with real elephants.

After crushing Brown Ben in several games, Tyrion taps his dragon and notes that he was lucky. Later when Tyrion negotiates his escape with Brown Ben he spies a Cyvasse table and remarks his "throat is as dry as an old bone." That's a pretty curious way to say you're thirsty. But bones are white. Like alabaster.

In WINDS,

When Brown Ben decides to turn his cloak yet again and Jorah cuts down a Yunkish soldier, scattering cyvasse pieces, the white dragon lands at Tyrion's feet. Tyrion picks it up and wipes blood from it. So maybe Viserion just gets hurt. Well, Tyrion likes cripples and broken things, doesn't he? See where this going?

And of course Tyrion dreamed of riding a dragon. So here's what I think will happen in Winds. Viserion will be gravely wounded by a stone hurled from the trebuchet Dragonbeaker. Having read TP&TQ Tyrion will be familiar with Nettle's taming of Sheepstealer and Aegon II's nursing back to health of Sunfyre. He's clearly familiar with Ben's Targaryen ancestry and he might even connect Ben to Nettles and Daemon. Tyriin will help Ben ride Viserion and reunite with Dany.

Yeh, I wonder what would happen to Ghost if Jon gets a Dragon.

Varamyr warged six animals, and I think Ghost would be fine if Jon warged just one other animal.

Why not? That was how Jon was born.

Archived