Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

I only have 1 bag, so that isn't a problem. I'm flying into the airport. What should I do when I arrive? I suddenly realised I am totally not prepared. I'll be in at 9:40pm. So where do people think they'll be?

Probably just keep ringing people when I arrive. Must try to find out how far the airport is from the con place.

It's quite far, about 50min walk: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/60.1248632,19.907908/60.1005342,19.9434226/@60.1128639,19.9071671,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e2

(Your cabins are about half-way)

Or you can catch a cab (will be some waiting outside) should be about 15€

Good to hear Wolfgang. I wasn't able to make it it in the end. Girlfriend was sick so I had to stay home and take care of our child. I was looking forward to the con. Would have been fun to hang out with you again.

Yes, what a nice con. Thanks to everyone here who participated in organising this event. Special thanks here naturally go to the Brotherhood and their effort in making this con so enjoyable.

I hope I'll be able to attend another con as soon as possible...

Almost home :). Really really enjoyed the con, the lovely island, and meeting and hanging out with all you guys. Hugs to everybody I couldn't properly say goodbye to, and I hope I'll see you soon. :)

When's the next con? ;)

Sorry to hear about the bus problems, Pebble, that does sound very poor from them.

I am now back in a strange country where the sun starts going down about 9 and shop assistants don't greet you by saying 'hej hej'. My journey was more or less on time despite some epic queues at Stansted's passport control (I'm beginning to think Dan may have a point in his opinions about Stansted).

I thought it was a great convention, the panels were mostly very good (with a couple of exceptions), the convention centre was a great venue and Mariehamn is a lovely town to visit.

Many thanks to Sam for organising our cabins, Phil for organising the party, Jo for providing music and enthusiasm, Dan for providing bacon, Cat for providing artwork, Pebble for providing her amazing balloon-inflating skills, Beth for providing us with an excuse to play with balloons and eat cake, AmeriKat for showing us Eurocommies how to barbecue, Johann for providing translations and persuading us we weren't about to be killed every time we tried to use a pedestrian crossing, Pod for giving us someone to assign blame to and finally the mighty People's Cabin Front for putting People first.

I'd like to thank the BWB people for the awesome afterparty on saturday which was such great fun, the raffle and the karaoke was awesome and you guys sure know how to have fun and throw a party!
I hope I will have the chance to attend more BWB events and parties in the future! :)
Overall also a great con.

Many thanks!

Archived