Archipelacon - GRRM is GoH

Maltaran

Aly - I'll answer below. I figure as we're getting close, I should give all cabin crew the details they need:

CABIN CREW!!!!!!!

Details of where we are staying:

Address: Strandsberg Stugor, Varvsvagen, 22100 Mariehamn

Telephone: +358 18 22855

Email: [email protected]

Check in time: 3pm onwards 24th June

Check out time: Before 12noon 29th June

What we've booked:

2x 6 bed Apartments - to my understanding we are in Ostran and Vastran, which are right next to each other.

Looking on the map, we are also right next to the BBQ pit area. :)

I should stress that all apartments are non-smoking, just in case we have smokers in the party.

12x Bedlinens and Towels - towels are included but I'm not sure how large they are, etc. Up to you whether you bring your own or not.

Booking Details:

Because FinnAir are a delightful company that revel in shifting a 4pm flight to 7:25pm, I won't be there to collect the keys. They do know this, and I have named Johan to collect them, as he is amongst the first group to arrive. However, it would be useful for you all to know the booking details:

Booking Name: Samantha Hirst

Booking Number: 6783103

Booking Code: DFEL

Siv (one of the owners) knows you are due to arrive at 3pm, and that I won't be there. She says that won't be an issue, but if it is, give me a call, I will leave my phone on. I am due to arrive in Helsinki at 3:10 local time, so I'll pick up as soon as I can, but I am hoping this won't be as issue as they've had advanced warning.

I'm not arriving until the 25th! Just in case you didn't know...

I shall be coming on the con ferry. Arriving about 13.30.

For those who are interested, tickets to George's talk at the royal armory on the 23rd go on sale at 12PM tomorrow (Friday), via SF Bokhandlen's facebook page. I've heard the talk will start at 6PM. Word is it'll be streamed to the stores in Malmö and Gothenburg, but I wonder if there will be a general stream or a stream to the Stockholm store for those who can't get tickets or otherwise attend.

Tickets releasing shortly. They have updated to add that there will be a livestream at the Stockholm store as well, so if you don't get tickets you can watch there instead. It's worth a visit anyways, it's a great store.

You can get yourself on the list for the tickets:

Mail [email protected]

Give your name, your address, your phone number.

If you get a ticket, it's 150 Swedish crowns, they'll send an invoice to pay it.

If you don't get one, you'll be on a waiting list for any tickets that aren't paid for or where there are cancellations.

ETA: Now full, but you can still submit to get on the waiting list.

And as I said, you can try and get to SF Bokhandeln to watch the stream!

I didn't know that, no. I thought you were staying overnight and getting the early ferry - or is that on the return journey and getting an early flight?

I'm getting the early ferry back on Monday (4am...) as i have to catch a train to Copenhagen!

Is there anyone else from the cabin getting the con ferry??

Just a thought for the cabin crew...

Bring something for the midges/mosquitoes/flies.

I recommend Avon Skin so soft ;)

Whats the weather like in Aland? how warm / wet is it right now?

BBC Weather says for the next five days it will be 13 degrees with some sun and some showers. Being Scottish that sounds like a good Summer day to me...

As there are a bunch of us heading to the island a day early, so I'm guessing there will be less con stuff happening, I plan to head up to a local brewery on the Wednesday after we're settled in.

Anyone like to join me?

I'm on the con ferry Wee_Birdie and I know Toft will be too (though he isn't in the cabin).

Don't worry, we'll make your birthday a good one :)

I love the buffets on those ferries. If anyone wants to join me then I'm sure we can feast away - here's the "lunch" menu which I assume will apply:

http://www.digipaper.fi/siljaline/120608/

General info:

http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/web/int/baltic-princess-siljaline-cruise-ship#tabs-content-2

Remember that these are proper cruise ships so there's also "entertainment"..:

http://www.tallinksilja.com/en/web/int/balticprincess/entertainment#tabs-content-2

I strongly suggest that, cabin or not, we BwBers grab an area in a suitable bar (eg, the faux Irish one they always seem to have) as soon as it's possible to board to use as a base.

I know a few of use are going to be in Stockholm beforehand on the Monday and Tuesday (and Wednesday in some cases, although I'll be on the ferry then). I was wondering whether we wanted to arrange a time/place for meeting up?

I'm arriving quite late Tuesday, so i'll probably just go straight to bed!

I wouldn't mind meeting anyone Wednesday morning if anyone is travelling from the city centre to the ferry? I'm staying close to the central train station.

I know a few of use are going to be in Stockholm beforehand on the Monday and Tuesday (and Wednesday in some cases, although I'll be on the ferry then). I was wondering whether we wanted to arrange a time/place for meeting up?

We're arriving late Tuesday and then getting the early ferry on Wednesday, so not really a possibility.

Archived