EruditeFool

Official Blatant but Honest Self Promotion Thread

316 posts in this topic

Mitch, there are a bunch of online writer groups that are great for getting (and giving) feedback. I'm out of the loop a bit (being a slacker these past few years), but I was a part of a great crit group on Forward Motion Writers for years. Also Absolute Write is a great place to find people to get feedback from.

My FMW crit group was really helped me grow as a writer and identify my personal ticks that worked or didn't. It's challenging to find the right mix of people, but so worth it.

Many cities also have writer groups. When I was living in Denver, the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers had crit groups all over the city that met regularly to read and critique.

Somewhat self-promotion but mostly just happy for a friend, my most frequent audiobook narrator, JEFFREY KAFER, got honored by Audible today with his work shown on their 'Stars of Audio.' It's selfish because two of my books were shown among his best.

https://www.audible.com/mt/NarratorFirsts

Not promoting my work here, but that of Babyraven, whom some may remember from the board in the old days. As part of a film class, she produced a short documentary, and I was honored to have my podcast be part of it. I am sure that Babyraven would appreciate any likes/comments you throw her way--she did a good job!

I have a new book coming out!  The Wages of Sin will be released from Elsewhen Press in ebook in June and in paperback in late July/early August.

One young woman dies and another vanishes on the same chilly spring night. Connor Cardwain sees no reason to link his cleaner Merissa’s murder to a mystery anchored within a high-end warship sales team, but reconsiders his position when he realises both women were connected to a foreign runaway.

Armed with an enterprising widow, an imperial spy and his own wits, Connor sets out to find the missing woman, in a city streaked with vice and a planet upturned by other ganglanders’ ambition. If he fails to beat arms dealers, aristocrats, pirates and human traffickers at their own game, he and all his team will pay the price – and the wages of sin are death.

The ebook is available for pre-order.  Links are at the bottom of this page to pre-order in Apple iBooks, Kobo, Google Books and for Kindle in thirteen countries including the UK, the US, Australia, NZ, France and Germany.  A Nook ebook version will be available before too long...

Yay! Really enjoyed Sailor to a Siren, and glad there's a follow-up

On Invalid Date at 7:39 PM, C.T. Phipps said:

Did a look over THE HISSING BLADE's beginning, Richard, and liked what I saw!

Please enjoy :)

On 31/05/2017 at 2:37 PM, Derfel Cadarn said:

Yay! Really enjoyed Sailor to a Siren, and glad there's a follow-up

Thank you. :)The Wages of Sin is now on sale in ebook format!

Amazon UK

Amazon US

Amazon Canada

Apple iBooks

Plenty of other Amazon country-specific sites, Kobo, Google and Nook have links at the bottom of this page.