Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Which guy?  I can't follow which character you're talking about other than Euron.

Follow the WotW link. It talks about a character who is not named, a pirate in his thirties, charismatic, needs to stand out in a crowd, big speaking role, not Euron, but part of Kingsmoot.

Apparently it is confirmed though. So I guess they will just have to age him up.

When I heard that Ian McShane had been cast, I thought initially that it would be to play a Greyjoy.  I'm not sure if they are casting anyone for Aeron and Victarion. If not, then it leaves open the question of who he is playing. My other thought at the time of casting was Randyll Tarly. I guess there is enough of a resemblance to cast him as Sam's dad.  A little bit more out there options are Archmaester Marwyn (I am assuming they will skip to Sam reaching the Citadel rather than showing us his journey there) and the White Bull (if - as it seems is likely given the description of the Arthur Dayne-type character - there is going to be a ToJ flashback). But, they may have Ned fighting him one-on-one and cut out the other Kingsguard/Northmen.   

At first I thought he'd be Euron -> won't be

Arthur Dayne? Don't think so.

soI think that he'll be Sam's father. 

Alright, another casting scoop. 

Robert Render has been cast for a not yet specified role.

According to imdb, he appeared in GOT's s1 (the second ep) as a Northern bannerman, but was uncredited, 

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/09/02/actor-robert-render-cast-in-unspecified-role-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/#comment-486937

Not sure if he was in the second episode. He was there in E10, when Cat was leaving the camp(after learning Ned's death).

Alright, another casting scoop. 

Robert Render has been cast for a not yet specified role.

According to imdb, he appeared in GOT's s1 (the second ep) as a Northern bannerman, but was uncredited, 

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/09/02/actor-robert-render-cast-in-unspecified-role-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/#comment-486937

Could be in a fat suit and become Lord Manderly?

There's less Ironborn at that Kingsmoot than there are Northern lords @ important weddings.

Don't think that is a pic from the Kingsmoot, part of the Kingsmoot scene was apparently filmed the other day and according to WotW had a crowd cheering for Euron, so that pic must be from a different scene.

Don't think that is a pic from the Kingsmoot, part of the Kingsmoot scene was apparently filmed the day and according to WotW had a crowd cheering for Euron, so that pic must be from a different scene.

And apparently, some shooting took place in caves, so we dont have any pics of it.

Archived