Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Oh cool, I originally thought thagt maybe Fergus Leathem was going to be Dickon since he was cast last month to an unspecified role and fit the description and age but this guy looks great!  I could see him definitely being Sam's more impressive younger brother!

Hm I like Pilou Asbæk, but seeing him as Euron? Ehm idk :/ but I guess we'll have to wait and see him in costume and in the role and such. Atleast he does bear a resemblance to Theon/Alfie :)

i remember thinking "he's going to fail", when i read pedro pascal had been cast as oberyn. XD

the casting department does a much better job at finding the right actors than D & D at writing the scripts and developing the story

i remember thinking "he's going to fail", when i read pedro pascal had been cast as oberyn. XD

the casting department does a much better job at finding the right actors than D & D at writing the scripts and developing the story

D&D are very much involved with casting, they are not the only writers, and their work on developing the story can only really be evaluated when the story is told. Because moves they make are about their path to the finish.

Have you guys heard the rumors of arya being in the riverlands? I read it on watchers on the wall. If it's true in guessing that will be towards the end of the season.

Yes, I wonder if she jumps around Braavos to escape the House of Black and White, jumps in the sea and swims to a ship?

I've been thinking she's been headed there in the books for ages but people do still say she's off to Meereen or Kings Landing. Seemed obvious to me that she only has reason to go to the Riverlands or the Wall. And by rallying the Riverlands while Sansa rallies the Vale the two sisters can reunite the Rebellion alliance.

Yeah it's true, it's hard to judge just from looks and even past acting, sometimes they/it turn out completely different than you think, in the new role :)

There are very few bad actors, Sibel Kekilli was chosen by Martin, as was Peter Dinklage (I don't think he was a poor cast, but apparently some people do). Obara was a bad choice too. But Jessica is tolerable and Rosabell too, just their writing bad.

The ensemble is the best one out there on TV is say.
Most people's qualms are based on what they thought the character looked like in the books and people will obviously have varying views on that. So I have full faith in the casting people.

Have you guys heard the rumors of arya being in the riverlands? I read it on watchers on the wall. If it's true in guessing that will be towards the end of the season.

It could be just a dream. You know about Nymeria, because Nymeria and her pack will play a huge part in end. GRRM words.

There are very few bad actors, Sibel Kekilli was chosen by Martin, as was Peter Dinklage (I don't think he was a poor cast, but apparently some people do). Obara was a bad choice too. But Jessica is tolerable and Rosabell too, just their writing bad.
The ensemble is the best one out there on TV is say.
Most people's qualms are based on what they thought the character looked like in the books and people will obviously have varying views on that. So I have full faith in the casting people.

IMO the directing is a big part of the problem with Dorne. The motivations the characters were supposed to have were clearly in the scripts because all of the actors talked about it, but the directing didn't allow the motivations to read. If they had it all would have made more sense. When more than one actor fails to convey the right mood/tone to get the story across, it is the directing that needs to be looked at. In the case of Dorne, the grief that supposedly underpinned everything that happened was barely even hinted at.

Question! I can't remember if dickon and sams relationship is ever touched upon in the books but am I the only one who think it would be cool if dickon actually just loves Sam for being his brother?

Dickon takes his father's lead and behaves like a dick towards Sam, sorry.

Dickon takes his father's lead and behaves like a dick towards Sam, sorry.

He does? I don't remember that, I thought the only thing we knew about Dickon was him telling Randyll about the wager to take Brienne's virginity. Whereabout some does that come from? (Serious question, not being sarcastic)

More details about the TWOW theatre troupe are up at WOTW. There appears to be Izembaro, an actor playing Joffrey and an actor playing Ned Stark, so some sort of play riffing on Westeros goings-on is happening. Interestingly, no Bobono has been cast, which is strange, given that the play in TWOW revolves around Bobono's character.

Also in there is a casting description for a "young stunner"--brunette, 18-20, beautiful--shooting three scenes, including one "with a major twist." Filming already took place for this character. I think this is Lyanna Stark.

Archived