Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I really doubt she's ever going to Warg, D&D have been quite clear that they want to keep that ability special. Jon never will either.

When did they say that? Do you have a link? Orell was a skinchanger too, so it's not only Bran. And now would be the perfect moment for Arya to start warging/skinchanging now she's blind.

When did they say that? Do you have a link? Orell was a skinchanger too, so it's not only Bran. And now would be the perfect moment for Arya to start warging/skinchanging now she's blind.

yeah, and the Thenn with the owl. Among the wildlings it was common. And warging is a key part of Arya's book story so IMO unlikely to be cut. We shall see about Jon.

Could Richard E Grant be Howland Reed?

I doubt it. He's tall and lanky, the complete opposite of Howland Reed. He's also quite posh and tends to play 'high and mighty' type characters. 

I think it will be Izembaro or Randyll Tarly. He could easily play a flamboyant actor type or a cold highly strung father.

Ian McShane is probably going to be Septon Meribald.

http://watchersonthewall.com/major-new-spoilers-about-mcshane-and-more-in-season-6-game-of-thrones-plans-a-premiere-and-a-battle/

Just been rereading Meribalds, Outlaws and Broken Men speech, it's one of those castings after which you wonder who else they would have got to do it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1cow9d/spoilers_affc_septon_meribalds_speech_on_war_and/

I doubt it. He's tall and lanky, the complete opposite of Howland Reed. He's also quite posh and tends to play 'high and mighty' type characters. 

I think it will be Izembaro or Randyll Tarly. He could easily play a flamboyant actor type or a cold highly strung father.

That was my thought- ie way too tall and posh for Howland.

I wouldn't guess Tarly either because he seems like such a testosterone-y character, but who knows. And he can play mean, so there's that.

If I was going to put him somewhere based on his previous roles it would be Oldtown.

He more has that cunning Northern lord feel to him.

Here's the casting for that:

"Lord of Northern Stronghold: The show’s looking for an actor in his late thirties or forties to play another lord, one that’s ruthless and calculating. The frightening lord rules a vassal household with a castle stronghold. He’ll be in 3 episodes this year, with 20 days of filming this summer and fall."

He more has that cunning Northern lord feel to him.

Here's the casting for that:

"Lord of Northern Stronghold: The show’s looking for an actor in his late thirties or forties to play another lord, one that’s ruthless and calculating. The frightening lord rules a vassal household with a castle stronghold. He’ll be in 3 episodes this year, with 20 days of filming this summer and fall."

He's 58 so unlikely.

Interesting news, but why do you think he'd be Howland Reed? Based on what we know of Howland and the crannogmen in general, Howland is likely short and unimpressive-looking, whereas Grant is tall and imperious-looking.

I didn't know he is so tall, his facial expression made me think he could fit well as Howland Reed ... 

Archived