Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Eddie Eyre who's said to play a character 'Ser Alfred Hunrith'. 

Eddie has some impressive skills listed in his CV

Archery, Gymnastics, Horse-riding, Kick Boxing, Martial Arts, Stage Combat, Sword Fighting, Acrobatics, Fire Breathing, Medieval Sword Fighting and Jousting teacher and choreographer.

[crackpot]Hunrith, or hunriþ, is a middle-English spelling of honoureth. Alfred Honours. Alfred of course was the most famous pre-Norman king of England apart from Arthur. I reckon this is a cunningly disguised way of saying "honourable Arthur". [/crackpot]

Could be anyone though, really. 

So like a Green Grace figure ya think? Could be! Especially if Hizdahr is really dead, he obviously isn't behind the SotH.

Yes, exactly. Hizdahr is out of the running, and no Shavepate, no anybody on the horizon in Meereen. Tyrion's going to be butting heads with someone in Meereen. 

She could be one the Dosh Khaleen

This is also an excellent choice. 

My guess for Souad is the Harpy. Tyrion needs a worthy adversary in Meereen while Dany gathers the Dothraki.

Why does the city need a Harpy? I don't think they have a particular leader - more likely a society, maybe the original members. The order consists of several thousand people, practicly everyone who opposes Daenerys's reign (both masters and former slaves) and I doubt that such a vast group would unite under a single leader/commander.

Why does the city need a Harpy? I don't think they have a particular leader - more likely a society, maybe the original members. The order consists of several thousand people, practicly everyone who opposes Daenerys's reign (both masters and former slaves) and I doubt that such a vast group would unite under a single leader/commander.

Because this is TV and it's easier and cheaper to point a camera at a single leader.

It's possible they could make the Harpy the main antagonist for Tyrion's Mereen storyline but he may have bigger fish to fry. I know they didn't really mention it in S5 (if they did, I didn't notice) but in S4(E5) they talked about how the Masters had regained control in Yunkai and swore to take revenge and how Cleon had seized power in Astapor so the battle of Mereen may end up happening if they decide to march on Mereen especially now that Dany has vacated the city via Drogon.

We already know from the Battle of the Blackwater that Tyrion is pretty capable of preparing a city for battle and/or seige though Mereen would be much different than Kings Landing I'm sure.

It's possible they could make the Harpy the main antagonist for Tyrion's Mereen storyline but he may have bigger fish to fry. I know they didn't really mention it in S5 (if they did, I didn't notice) but in S4(E5) they talked about how the Masters had regained control in Yunkai and swore to take revenge and how Cleon had seized power in Astapor so the battle of Mereen may end up happening if they decide to march on Mereen especially now that Dany has vacated the city via Drogon.

That was dealt with in season 5, as mentioned when Daario and Hizdahr returned.

Oh finally found it! Where Hizdahr says they agreed to install a council of former masters and freedmen in Yunkai under the condition that the fighting pits were re-opened? I doubt that agreement will still stand considering the SotH tried to murder her despite the pits being re-opened. Plus she is not currently even in the city, seems like the Masters, inside and outside of Mereen, would use this time to try and regain power of Slaver Bay's largest city.

IrishThrones, which has been reliable for Ireland cast sightings and such but which isn't really known for spoilers, is dropping some major potential spoilers (putting this under a spoiler cut) on their Twitter account (/IrishThrones):

[spoiler]-"CLOSE SOURCES Lady Stoneheart 'WILL' appear and command an army"

-"CLOSE SOURCES Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar and Alyana"

-"*SPOILERS S6* we have more to divulge later as soon as we verify as it's 'out there' and pretty heavy, so we'd like to check"

Don't be fooled by the misspelling of "Lyanna." They're pretty good with cast sightings and such.[/spoiler]

Sue the Fury over at WOTW isn't doing her usual swift "Bitch, please"-type smackdown that she uses when it comes to bullshit rumours and is a lot more guarded than usual, so I think there might be something to this. We'll see.

No.

Then your post makes no sense. The Meereen storyline was specifically created for the show, and the SoH were anonymous. If the show wanted to have a movement with a leader then instead of masked guerillas in the street, the emphasis would have been on Dany's court and the various players who might eventually prove to be responsible...like a whodunnit scenario. They would not have bothered with expensive choreography and sets, and would have created scenes that left us all believing anyone and everyone in Dany's court might be responsible.

No, the show created a faceless movement. and if they want to suddenly put a face on it they would have done it completely differently.

Rumour has it that Souad Faress was cast and since she looks almost exactly like Michelle Fairley, people assume that she will take the role of LSH. Any confirmations yet?

ummm.....no, no, and no.

Rumour has it that Souad Faress was cast and since she looks almost exactly like Michelle Fairley, people assume that she will take the role of LSH. Any confirmations yet?

No, that will not happen.

There is no point whatsoever to doing Lady Stoneheart if she isn't played by Fairley.  Having her played by another actress would utterly ruin the impact; she might as well be a new character.

Sue the Fury over at WOTW isn't doing her usual swift "Bitch, please"-type smackdown that she uses when it comes to bullshit rumours and is a lot more guarded than usual, so I think there might be something to this. We'll see.

From what she said, it's just that IrishThrones has been reliable for filming-type spoilers, but she's pretty cautious about something like this (particularly as they can't actually be filming this yet, given Fairley's other job).

Archived