Any fans of house Celtigar and Velaryon?

Hrulj

Is there anyone here who really likes those 2 houses? I started liking them during the battle of blackwater, when Velaryons took down 2 ships with them and I remember how Celtigar held up the brace with cut hand in it to Tyrion and that made me also feel sorry for them. They seem to be brave but lose despite sacrifices :/

The current ones are all pretty bad (except Aurane Waters) but the historical Velaryons (specificlly the Seasnake) were pretty cool.

I disagree. Monford was badass. His ship was burning and he burned to death but he still fought to the end and took down 2 ships with pride of Driftmark. The guy is in Stannis level of Badass :D

The historical Velaryons were all-kinds of cool. The Seasnake is probably one of the most accomplished historical figures in the series, considering everything he managed to achieve, Alyn the Oakenfist was pretty darn awesome, and Addam of Hull is easily one of the most moral and selfless people we've encountered. Honestly, I was really saddened by how far the influence of their house managed to fall in the past centuries. I miss the old days!

It's cool that the Velaryons basically started in the Narrow Sea as a Targ Vassal, but are full blown Dragonlords as well as a maritime power by TPATQ, and well after.

But it's a shitty fall that Stannis dismisses them as "Codfish Lords" in the present era.

Aurane Waters to restore their old glories???

Archived