[BOOK SPOILERS] So Jaqen H'ghar...

Although, we have no way of knowing if that's the same Jaqen as before. Or if its just a face that all the FM have access to, and that the Kindly Man is using so Arya has a recognizable mentor.

I may be in the minority here, but I am really ok with this change to the story. I was jumping up and down cheering when they revealed who the old man really was - totally took me off guard since obviously that's totally different from the books. This is one spoiler no one saw coming!

I may be in the minority here, but I am really ok with this change to the story. I was jumping up and down cheering when they revealed who the old man really was - totally took me off guard since obviously that's totally different from the books. This is one spoiler no one saw coming!

You are definitely not in the minority

Most people were happy see Jaqen's face again

Just condensing of characters since the shit with Pate in Oldtown is probably cut, since that's where Jaqen is in the books.

You mean that's where we think Jaqen is. It was never quite confirmed if it's him or just some other faceless man.

Good decision. And they re-introduced him really well: "A man is not Jaqen H'gar". Likely that Pate and Oldtown is cut, but not confirmed IMO.

Disappointed with the House of Black and White introduction in general though. What was with kicking her out and then letting her back in? Lazy storytelling.

Seeing Jaqen's face again is full of the yes. Tom Wlaschiha gives me the dokis. Its obviously not really Jaqen, just the Kindly Man using the face. Its for the benefit of the viewers really. My mum wasnt really confused so thats a clue the introduction was solid enough.

Seeing Jaqen's face again is full of the yes. Tom Wlaschiha gives me the dokis. Its obviously not really Jaqen, just the Kindly Man using the face. Its for the benefit of the viewers really. My mum wasnt really confused so thats a clue the introduction was solid enough.

Ah - so you think it's really the kindly man using the "Jaqen" face, and not the other way around? Color me confused. I thought they decided to drop the "Kindly Man" persona altogether and just have Jaqen take over that role to streamline things and give the non-book reader audience a familiar face they consider a BAMF from seasons past.

Well, it seemed like that was the case...? Like he said "A man is not Jaqen H'ghar" so i think it was clear that he showed this face to Arya to gain her trust and our sympathies. Its kinda meta actually. More like 'hey audience. This isnt really that guy, but its this face so we can all be sure this guy isnt a big ol fucknut whos gonna ruin Arya's day. You can all breathe a little easier."

Well, it seemed like that was the case...? Like he said "A man is not Jaqen H'ghar" so i think it was clear that he showed this face to Arya to gain her trust and our sympathies. Its kinda meta actually. More like 'hey audience. This isnt really that guy, but its this face so we can all be sure this guy isnt a big ol fucknut whos gonna ruin Arya's day. You can all breathe a little easier."

Right - I liked the fact he clarified for her that his statement that "no one here by that name" was not a lie - because everyone there is "no one" and the names are only names, personas, faces. It's her first lesson on how they operate - but of course she has no idea and doesn't understand - yet.

Archived