Well done Stephen Dillane

mafro987daboss

With all D&D have put his character through over the last few seasons, it must be acknowledged that Dillane did an amazing job with the material he was given, and GOT has lost one of its best actors (probably the only actor on the show that matched the gravitas of Charles Dance's Tywin).

Good luck in all your future work- the show didn't deserve you!

Wholeheartedly agree. He literally is the real life Stannis.

And screw D&D. Suppressed would could have been the greatest performance on this show.

One thing for sure though: Whenever I reread ASOIAF, I am sure to picture the Stannis as Stephan Dillane, and read lines in his voice.

I have mental pictures in my mind of how most characters look when reading through ASOIAF, but one of the few who i truly picture the same as the actor portraying him is Stannis. What an actor. This is GOT's though, and we didn't actually see him die... Just sayin...

I have mental pictures in my mind of how most characters look when reading through ASOIAF, but one of the few who i truly picture the same as the actor portraying him is Stannis. What an actor. This is GOT's though, and we didn't actually see him die... Just sayin...

http://www.accesshollywood.com/game-of-thrones-liam-cunningham-on-saying-goodbye-to-his-co-star_article_108851

Yep... D&D managed to give their best actor a complete horse manure interpretation of his character...

The moment they had to invent themselves (because grrm is still writting it), guess what?? they make Stannis Baratheon look like a fool... they didn´t do the same to Tywin only because his complete story was already written by grrm

Yeah I echo all the comments here.

Despite HBO running the charachter into the dirt, he really put on a top notch performance and from the first time we saw him he embodied Stannis.

I also read he had a hard time dealing with the Shireen scene during filming due to personal issues. Really tough work from him.

He was brilliant all throughout the series, but especially this last episode. After losing absolutely everything, his decision to just say fuck it, and march anyway.... loved it. Loved how it was acted. I dislike how he went out, but would prefer that he is dead rather than have it be revealed that Brienne spared him and he's off on some funky side quest. Stannis belongs at the head of an army trying to secure the throne. Man, I was never a Stannis fan, but I feel like I just talked myself into fully supporting him. And now he's gone. Shit!

Stannis is like the Jordan Schlansky of GOT, so it's really an accomplishment for an actor to make him come to life.

I do have my reservation about that scene he and Mel had on the beach though, that was just ridiculous.

He was brilliant all throughout the series, but especially this last episode. After losing absolutely everything, his decision to just say fuck it, and march anyway.... loved it. Loved how it was acted. I dislike how he went out, but would prefer that he is dead rather than have it be revealed that Brienne spared him and he's off on some funky side quest. Stannis belongs at the head of an army trying to secure the throne. Man, I was never a Stannis fan, but I feel like I just talked myself into fully supporting him. And now he's gone. Shit!

As I was watching his scenes in the last episode, I was struck by how Stephen Dillane completely nailed this:

"This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some."

This was his "and then some" episode. I will miss him.

If I ever meet him in real life, I will bend the knee. It may get awkward.

Archived