So what next for the Boltons?

Just like people wanted Arya to kill Joffrey?

I mainly wanted Joffrey to die a violent death by anyone's hand considering he pissed off a lot of people. The Boltons is another matter. It's both a personal and political matter. Plus, LF will just claim Winterfell in the name of the Lannisters or for himself and not the Starks. He definitely has an agenda and it's not in favor of the Starks. Unless...

It makes me sick too.

Thats because the show and the book spent all 5 seasons establishing LF as one of the shows main antagonists. I mean this is still the same guy who is responsible for the death of Sansa's father before he start to trying to "get her in bed" all the time, right? Why are we suppose to care what happens to two 1 dimensional villains?

What will happend with the Boltons? Not sure, but I'm sure it will be like this only without the humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYEX9dV34I

The 20 Good Men - Ramsay versus Gods

Even hollywood would not create such a one sided fight. The Warrior's head would be on a spike before you had a chance to flinch, courtesy of the worst of the 20 good men. It is known.

I hope they kill them off sooner rather than later. If not they might as well cast Ramsay as: http://io9.com/meet-ramsey-bolton-the-nicest-guy-on-game-of-thrones-1711968127and get "TV-AA" to court Dany.

Edit: On a serious note, odds what are the odds that:

1). Ramsay goes ballistic with Reek and Sansa gone.

2). This leads to some sort of violent confrontation between him and his father.

3). This leads to Ramsay vs. LF?

I think the Great Northern Conspiracy will be lead by the Greatjon, who was cast and given a little screen time back in season two and three. Plus, they made him to be a likable character, and would be much more likable than Lord Manderly the glutton.

It's important that the character be as likable as possible, otherwise Stark fans might start abandoning the show. Perhaps that's why they didn't want Stannis to make much of an impact on the North.

Either way, I think the Boltons will lose WF and be slain. It will be a taste of restitution before more dramatic shit happens elsewhere to piss everyone off again.

I think the Great Northern Conspiracy will be lead by the Greatjon, who was cast and given a little screen time back in season two and three. Plus, they made him to be a likable character, and would be much more likable than Lord Manderly the glutton.

It's important that the character be as likable as possible, otherwise Stark fans might start abandoning the show. Perhaps that's why they didn't want Stannis to make much of an impact on the North.

Either way, I think the Boltons will lose WF and be slain. It will be a taste of restitution before more dramatic shit happens elsewhere to piss everyone off again.

What is this North you speak of lol? I thought it just consisted of 2 old servants saying "The North Remembers" with no context?

In all seriousness, I don't think we're getting any of that in the show. Poor Lord Cerwyn might be the only Lord even mentioned in this season.

Manderley would have/could have been the star of the season. Some seemingly fat jolly guy cutting up Freys and cooking them into pies cutting ridiculously heartfelt speeches in the process-- I'll never understand how D & D passed that up for "Bad Pussy" Dorne.

Even hollywood would not create such a one sided fight. The Warrior's head would be on a spike before you had a chance to flinch, courtesy of the worst of the 20 good men. It is known.

I hope they kill them off sooner rather than later. If not they might as well cast Ramsay as: http://io9.com/meet-ramsey-bolton-the-nicest-guy-on-game-of-thrones-1711968127and get "TV-AA" to court Dany.

Edit: On a serious note, odds what are the odds that:

1). Ramsay goes ballistic with Reek and Sansa gone.

2). This leads to some sort of violent confrontation between him and his father.

3). This leads to Ramsay vs. LF?

Yes, the 1-2-3 you listed seems to be the way the show is going. Ramsay goes ballistic, kills Fat Walda, and then kills Roose. LF will ride in and destroy Ramsay, attempt to marry Sansa himself, and then gets slain?

There will be no GNC. D&D have already flagged to viewers what's coming, LF is riding north with the Vale Knights having been appointed Warden of the North. LF is going to defeat the Boltons in the Battle of Ice, not Stannis. I'm sure Sansa is pregnant, otherwise why would D&D make such a point of telling the audience she'd been raped by Ramsay night after night? Don't know where they're going with that but I know it won't be good.

What is this North you speak of lol? I thought it just consisted of 2 old servants saying "The North Remembers" with no context?

In all seriousness, I don't think we're getting any of that in the show. Poor Lord Cerwyn might be the only Lord even mentioned in this season.

Manderley would have/could have been the star of the season. Some seemingly fat jolly guy cutting up Freys and cooking them into pies cutting ridiculously heartfelt speeches in the process-- I'll never understand how D & D passed that up for "Bad Pussy" Dorne.

Yes, the 1-2-3 you listed seems to be the way the show is going. Ramsay goes ballistic, kills Fat Walda, and then kills Roose. LF will ride in and destroy Ramsay, attempt to marry Sansa himself, and then gets slain?

It would be nice to see Ramsay flayed on a blue background hanging off the walls of the Dreadfort. A gift from Lady Stark. A clear sign that the flayed man is not just his banner, but that he is the new banner.

I think its rather clean that once LF gets close enough to WF that Ramsay and his 20 good men will sneak into his camp completely undetected and completely decimate them. Given that LF is, and always has been, a better battle commander than Stannis, he will at least lead his host to a wooded area rather than an open field to begin strategizing against the Boltons. Unfortunately for him, Ramsay and his 20 good men will already be camouflaged in the same woods with only tree leaves covering their Bolton monuments. They will easily devastate LF & the Vale with Ramsay receiving a few cuts to his chiseled bod.

I still think, historically, there is something important and significant about the Boltons that hasn't been revealed yet.

Remember, they have long been in direct conflict and rivalry with the Starks. They are ancient mortal enemies. Why?

Why is their family tradition flaying men? Does it have anything to do with the Starks and their warging/skinchanging? (Especially in light of what we've learned about the Faceless Men... With a person's skinned face and a little magic, you can become that person. What could you do if you had a person's entire skin?)

GRRM makes a point to keep mentioning the Bolton's eyes as being noteworthy for their paleness. Why? The only other eye colors I remember GRRM making a big deal about were the grey eyes of the Starks and the purple eyes of the Targaryens.

There was a rumor that the Night's King was a Bolton. What else is there about that?

Clearly, the Bolton's are not a "normal" family. Moreso than any other family, they have deep-seated traditions of brutality that no other house seems to have. (Except possibly the Starks... Hanging people's guts on the Heart Trees.) I truly think eventually something will be revealed that will show the Starks, Others and Boltons share some kind of connection.

I think a big question no one has asked is : Where did House Bolton come from? Who were the original Boltons? With the Starks, we have Bran The Builder... For the Bolton's, who is their ancestral lord?

:agree:

@Aegonzo The Great

I would add that it is very curious that even in the books we here no mention of any other Boltons besides Roose, Ramsay, and Roose's first son. What of Roose's parents? Siblings? Cousins? Nephews and nieces? It could be nothing, but I have always found that very strange.

maybe this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MO2Yb2OJ6Q f*ckin far-fetched, but damn!

i'm bound to believe everything at this point!

I think its rather clean that once LF gets close enough to WF that Ramsay and his 20 good men will sneak into his camp completely undetected and completely decimate them. Given that LF is, and always has been, a better battle commander than Stannis, he will at least lead his host to a wooded area rather than an open field to begin strategizing against the Boltons. Unfortunately for him, Ramsay and his 20 good men will already be camouflaged in the same woods with only tree leaves covering their Bolton monuments. They will easily devastate LF & the Vale with Ramsay receiving a few cuts to his chiseled bod.

No doubt. Littlefinger is obviously more capable than that pathetic Stannis. Not to mention, his army won't be made up of Stormlanders, who are even weaker than the Unsullied, so Littlefinger should provide Ramsay just a tiny bit more challenge than Stannis. At the end of the day though, the Boltons have access to twenty. Good. Men.

It looks like they will clash with Littlefinger.

However, I think there is potential for some Bolton interaction with the Night's Watch. Ramsay will probably guess that Sansa and Reek escaped to the Wall because of Jon and demand them back (late pink letter...?) or/and the NW led by Thorne might ask for help with getting rid of the Wildlings.

Archived