Is it safe to say that we will see LSH in season 6?

King of thrones

It made all the sense in the world for LSH to be there at end of Season 3, in Season 4 and Season 5.

Doing what?

Hanging a Frey every other episode?

Her role is endgame, bringing down the Freys, Revenge and that's about it. That will happen in the last season with maybe some build up next season.

If the show does indeed return to the Riverlands in Season 6, as it's been suggested that Walder Frey would return for the sixth season, then absolutely the BWB could return with LSH.

Benioff and Weiss love to "shock" the audience, and why not?

But then again, Benioff and Weiss love to cut out the cool story arcs and sub plots, and write their own crappy fan ficiton.

There is no definite answer, yet. We'll have to wait and see if there are any leaks once filming commences.

i dont see how the time frame would match up. in the books, the bwb finds her 3 days after the red wedding. in terms of the show that happened at least a year and half, if not more, ago. brienne really didnt do anything in season 5 until she killed stannis (im going to assume she did until we see him alive) so it wouldve made way more sense to involve SH in season 5 rather than send brienne wandering around the north. it just doesnt make sense that SH would be sitting around doing nothing this whole time. wouldnt word have reached somewhere if random freys have been found dead along the riverlands or that the bwb was still causing trouble? i feel like even a quick mention or two wouldve come up during the scenes with roose but we got nothing.

if brienne heads back south again, i dont see it being to introduce SH. with the likely casting of meribald, theres a much higher chance that her trip out of the north takes her to the QI and the hound, which is still far from a guarantee, but more plausible than SH being introduced.

I think they could make the timing work. Rumours could reach King's Landing early season 6 of the BWB hanging people (especially Freys) and Kevan (or Cersei) sends Jaime to the Riverland to deal with them.

They have have the resurrection moment seen by a vision by Bran to explain it as it would have happened some time ago.

The key to whether LS is back iss whether Brienne finished the killing blow to Stannis.

I have a feeling she was stopped by an arrow from the BWB and she awakes in Season 6 strapped to the horse getting taken back to Lady Stoneheart.

Brienne will be made to answer why she didn't keep her oath to find/protect Arya and Sans. She failed miserably with Arya and chose to chase her persona vendetta with Stannis rather than rescue Sansa.

They've kept Stoneheart back from earlier seasons because she'd have not a lot to do without the Freys, who have been curiously absent considering their initial input into the storyline. With the Freys surely returning and the need to relieve the justice demanded by the viewers, would this not be the perfect time to Stoneheart to deal out some punishment, for Brienne to get back on track of her storyline, and for Manderly to serve up some Frey pies?

I think it is safe to say that Lady Stoneheart will no longer appear in the TV show.

However, that does not mean that there will not be a female Stark (with Tully looks) that can take over parts of her vindictive plans, after all, we have a Stark with Tully looks now roaming free in the North. After seeing Stannis lose his fight near Winterfell, it is safe to say that she will not be returning to WF in a short period of time. Why not have her travel to the riverlands (to meet up with the blackfish), meet the BwB, and start a tour de vengeance against the killers of her kin?

On the other hand, she could try and rally the Northern lords to regain control of the North once again and be installed as Queen of the North.

But Lady Stoneheart herself, as in UnCat, she will not be appearing anymore.

Only if they go with the angle of her lifeforce/deathforce being needed to resurrect Jon and give her a rushed, one season arc. Of itself, I always thought that would be a beautiful end game for Catelyn's undead incarnation, or a means of showing her having repented for her treatment of him in life and rediscovering her humanity.

With the Riverlands back and Mel quite possibly needing to consult with Thoros for any Jon resurrection to be successful, there's a 0.1% chance they could use LSH to tie in the two resurrection plots somehow rather than have them be separate plotlines (and two Stark rezzies to feel cheap.)

But it's incredibly unlikely. This will remain the great coulda/woulda/shoulda of the ASOI&F adaptation and when you think that we most likely got Dorne instead, taking up it's screen time? That will do the show no favours in any retrospective years from now.

Will this ever end? We will get to the last season and people will still be waiting for Stoneheart. The best time to reveal her was the season 4 finale or the season 5 open, everything after that was cutting it too late. She is gone, just like Arianne and (F)aegon.

I can see the blackfish taking her role.

:agree: I think if LS does something big in the books (Red wedding 2.0?) then she will be cut but the brotherhood without banners or/and the Blackfish will take on that role.

Yeah, with Jon (hopefully) being resurrected it would feel a bit too contrived to explain LSH and Jon all in the same season, as well as lessening the shock value that other posters have mentioned. Bringing back the BWB will possibly result in a flashback to Thoros and Beric in a "previously on" bit and that will help touch back to Thoro's power to resurrect.

Archived