Survivor: Second Chances

awesome possum

My opinion of Jeremy crumbled in the final episode. Be gracious in victory, asshole. Instead we saw him taunting Kimmi and then talking about forcing Spencer into a tie just because he was safe and he thought it'd be fun. Eh, I'd liked him all season until last night when he seemed to act like an asshole the entire time to me.

Thought I replied last night, but board must have eaten it :(

Was a solid season with a very solid finale. Any of the three would have been a satisfying winner, but Jeremy edged the other two out for me, so I'm glad he won it. He was in control of things from early on and no one targeted him, apparently because he was in tight with everyone. Tasha did some good work with Abi on Angkor and had the right connections and instincts. Spencer fought his way up into a tight unit and squeezed out Stephen to replace him that alliance. I think they all spoke well and presented their cases - rare in a final 3. I especially like how Spencer was aware that he reverted to intimidation mode when threatened. Jeremy's bomb about the baby could have been seen as overly manipulative, but it was so heartfelt and raw that it was just icing on the cake for him.

And Keith - oh my, how can you not love him? Not playing the idol because it was cheesy and his gut instinct to take the bullet for Kimmie because it was the right thing to do. He has no head for the strategy part, but man he is gold. Jeremy trying to get his attention was fantastic.

The double idol play was not unexpected, but it played out so well. Not only a double idol, but a potential purple rock situation as well. So fun.

As for SJDS, it was a mixed bag. The later game was pretty great, but it still didn't wash the taste of the early game from my mouth. The casting was so very uneven and the mix made for a really unenjoyable stretch that was hard to recover from. But they just haaaad to have a big name like Rocker, even though he and his girl were not suited for it.

My opinion of Jeremy crumbled in the final episode. Be gracious in victory, asshole. Instead we saw him taunting Kimmi and then talking about forcing Spencer into a tie just because he was safe and he thought it'd be fun. Eh, I'd liked him all season until last night when he seemed to act like an asshole the entire time to me.

I actually like that he was still talking to Wentworth at that point. He sort of gives her hope that he's still open to working with her. She walks away feeling respected, or something like that. My impression was that she was one of few people closer to Spencer than Jeremy, this potentially shifts that equation. Jeremy fist bumps her when she plays idols and is still willing to have conversations with her, something I didn't see Tasha doing. IMHO, overall, perhaps without intending to do so sometimes, Jeremy played the whole jury. They all felt valued by him. They had to give him the money.

Just to add,

Kim did the same thing in WA. I remember when Christina was going home and Kim was the only one still talking to her and showing her any kind of decency. I think Chelsea and Sabrina were talking about the least deserving person finally being on her way home. Christina ultimately votes for Kim in the final tribal council for various reasons I suppose. But that was one of the most enjoyable things about Kim's game, she softened each blow by giving her victims humane send offs.

I've been trying to get my parents to watch theCBS videos of extra scenes and Ponderosa for a while now. I installed the youtube ap on their tablets and subscribed them to the channel, all but held their hand to do it. They still haven't. Tonight I sat down and made my mom watch Keith's Ponderosa because it is GOLD. Complete gold. She was laughing and then turned to me and said 'This is what I've been missing all season?' Yes, mom, yes you were.

It was pretty obvious that Jeremy had the win as soon as Wentworth didn't get immunity. I told my buddy it would be unanimous.

Have to disagree with people who think Spencer or Tasha had a chance of winning. It was Jeremy or Wentworth, no one else had a chance.

As for Spencer and his threat, it just turned off anyone who may have voted for him, not that anyone would have.

I didn't even know what Ponderosa was until last night - I'm binge watching all of them at the moment. Savage's ponderosa video wasn't great. So much awkwardness between him and Kass. 

I think that is because Savage can best be described in one word, douche. And Kass, well, I loved her sometimes but man she is also a douche. 

Archived