Every chicken in this place.

The Lash

Another explanation would be that they made Brienne won because she was a woman and they are "inclusive", and because they would expect exactly this defence: "What? Are you saying that Brienne couldn't beat him because she's a woman!? You're so misogynist".

Pretty much like Loras's reason to exist. "You don't want Loras to have sex? You're so homophobic!".

That can't be true because D&D only write women as passive sex objects.

I am looking forward to him returning more than Jon as well. Jon Snow coming back? Eh. Sandor Clegane? Hell yes!

I would love it if Ian McShane was Elder/Meribald and Sandor gives him some sass mouth as he heals on the QI. Maybe they could eat some chicken during their therapy sessions.

Good call! They would be great together!

Good call! They would be great together!

I hope Sandor still cusses!

Brienne fighting someone, it better not be him:

She’s come from Northern Ireland, where they’ve been filming the next season of Game of Thrones. “I’ve been fighting for three whole days, three entire days without ceasing or desisting. Really vicious, vicious, up-close, thuggish fighting.” Who with? “I can’t tell you. I could, but I’d have to maim you.” Who won? “Again, it would be the last thing you ever knew.”

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/style/living/article1605978.ece

It better not be him! Not only have they been there and done that, they pitted two characters against each other when they are same sides of a coin-the non-knights. I guess at least Brienne won't be staring at a candle all season...

Ian McShane is like an older rugged cowboy and Rory is like that rugged Scotsman that could be a cowboy. It would be pretty darn cool if he is Elder/Meribald, along with a Sandor who still cusses but with a more gentled rage. They are filming in Ireland, so that means Stranger can come hang with him, right?! I might be hoping too much.

The Hound is also my favorite character on Game of Thrones, and in the books. I could talk about him for quite a long time. I anticipate his return more than Jon.

Me too!

I hope Sandor still cusses!

Brienne fighting someone, it better not be him:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/style/living/article1605978.ece

Maybe she's going to take on Ramsay and his "20 Good Men." 

I honestly don't mind her "thugging" out and wasting a bunch of soldiers. It reminds me of Kill Bill, which to me is junk food to the eyes. And yeah, WAAAAAAY better than her staring at a candle.

But back to Rory: Given that there was that one alleged sighting back in August and nothing since, my guess is either A.) He's already done filming. or B.) He's filming whenever they're doing the Riverlands... I think I heard December for that.

I refuse to entertain C.) He's not going to be in this season. 

I refuse to entertain the thought that the Hound won't be back in the show and the books. It seems obvious he has to be. He's one of the few remaining able fighters. I believe the leg will heal. And there has to be some takeaway from the fact that he's digging graves, keeping his "strong arms" for that "sharp steel" that he will wield. I bet there's some pretty good armor that's drifted onto the QI along with perhaps a nice sword to go along with Stranger.

• 1 month later...

The Hound has a cynical view of life due to his personal experiences but it is clear that in Sansa he found some innocence that has reminded him of what it was like to have a fresh view of the world and she inspires him to be a better person. He had to hit rock bottom for the transformation to take place and his being left for dead by Arya was just that.

Archived