If you could ask GRRM any one question, what would it be and why?

KingStannisFan

Who knows.. maybe he reads this once in awhile?

I would ask him who his favorite character is!

Just kidding ;)

I know he said if you talk about non-ASOIAF stuff he is more likely to be interested in talking to you, but as it relates to ASOIAF I would ask him if King Stannis wins! :)

Or I would ask him how he got to be possibly the greatest writer of our time, and how I could become even remotely near as skilled as he is.

Who knows.. maybe he reads this once in awhile?

I would ask him who his favorite character is!

Just kidding ;)

I know he said if you talk about non-ASOIAF stuff he is more likely to be interested in talking to you, but as it relates to ASOIAF I would ask him if King Stannis wins! :)

Or I would ask him how he got to be possibly the greatest writer of our time, and how I could become even remotely near as skilled as he is.

What method should we use to determine what myths and legend are useful to interpreting the world of ASOIAF? It probably is supposed to be ambiguous and a mix of truth and fiction like our world, but our world does not have dragons and Ice zombies (to my knowledge) so more myths are true in that world than ours. So I would like to know what stories should be taken more seriously than others without POV confirmation.   

What afterlife do the followers of R'hllor believe in?

I would ask him if King Stannis wins! :)

how I could become even remotely near as skilled as he is.

1) Why waste your one question on that when the answer is obviously "No"?

2) He already made statements regarding that and said that you should write everyday, but not fanfiction, since that doesn't prepare you for the task of creating your own world. While I agree I do believe that fanfiction can help an aspiring writer to experiment with character types and settings they might not considered otherwise.

And do you think he ever does read this.

No, he said so. He doesn't read forums.

Wouldn't it be epic if GRRM had an account in this forum and wrote about "theories" once in a while?

Poppy Z. Brite used to have a pseudonym account that she used (along with her real account) on her fan newsgroup. And she mostly used it for trolling the more annoying fans. She was great at it. But I don't think it would be as much fun now, or the much huger and more mainstream internet.

Archived