NFL 2015 Week 11: the dawn of the Age of Osweiler

DanteGabriel

Possibly. We'll know more when the injury report comes out today, see if Vollmer is still out on the concussion protocol. Before Vollmer was injured, they only had 6 healthy OLs, and one of them is the starting center from last year who was out for his own concussion the first 8 weeks of this season, who's been drafted into playing right tackle. This is "Troy Brown playing cornerback" territory again, except it's for Tom Brady's protectors.

Thanks for the info Dante. Seems like the OL could be the one thing that could cost the Pats a title shot.

And, don't worry; in 2 seasons, we will all be having this discussion about Brady and then 3 years from now when he has that fucking maroon-and-gold Washington DC helmet on his head.  

You really think he'd go to DC? Or are you basing that on how dumb Dan Snyder likes to waste money?

Thanks for the info Dante. Seems like the OL could be the one thing that could cost the Pats a title shot.

Looks like three OLs are back at practice this week, including Vollmer and Cannon. If those guys actually play, that means they won't have to roll out a practice squad guy at left tackle and a converted center at right.

I'd be more worried about the secondary. They can scheme and adjust around OL injuries (unless they lose three guys at the same time again) and I think Amendola can give them 85% of what Edelman would have given them (and the timeline suggests Edelman could be back in time for the playoffs). This secondary looks like it could lose games for them though, especially against QBs who can go over the top on them. Right now Pittsburgh and Cinci both scare me in that regard.

As a side note, going back to the story I linked, what the hell is this mysterious "illness" that Jamie Collins has? Out for a third week? Does he have mono or something?

Worst is hyperboloic for sure. I think it's fair to say that he's been bad. Bad enough that the Donks would've been better served to have started Osweiler last week, particularly after it became obvious that he was injured. 

Oh, totally agreed. I'm just saying that it wasn't this slam-dunk choice to make until this week, where his stats were absolutely abysmal. Before this he had not played as well as he had in prior years by a large margin, but he would still be better than many others. 

After this week? Sure, bench him. No worries there. 

And Rock, my point was that Jace was saying he had been the worst QB this season. No, he really hadn't. He is now, but that was after the worst game by a QB this season. Prior to that he was merely bad. 

OK second funniest, after reading that Packers fans think Olivia Munn is the reason why their overrated team is losing.

Well, not so fast, there may be something to it. When the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs in 2002, I put at least some of the blame on Brady dating Tara Reid. She probably affected his concentration and preparation.

Well, not so fast, there may be something to it. When the Pats went 9-7 and missed the playoffs in 2002, I put at least some of the blame on Brady dating Tara Reid. She probably affected his concentration and preparation.

He dated Tara Reid?

It was definitely his worst game this year. What was interesting to me was how good Seattle looked on their hurry up drives, and for those it's basically having the same personnel, simplifying the reads and having fairly easy protection calls. It might be that Wilson is having trouble with the more complicated offensive schemes.

Brock Huard did a good breakdown of one of these plays that was basically all on Wilson not making the right play. My suspicion in that case is that he didn't trust his line to protect him and was already looking to escape - but it's still on him.

He just needs more magic Jesus water in his life, duh.

As if we needed any further proof that the ESPN QBR is about as useful as <insert joke here>

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/charlie-batchs-186-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

Under “All-Time Best Games” on ESPN.com’s QBR page, the top game on the list is an utterly forgettable game that Batch played in place of the suspended Ben Roethlisberger in 2010. I couldn’t comprehend how 186 yards and two interceptions..

To review, in that Steelers-Buccaneers game, Batch threw 17 passes. Two of them were interceptions thrown directly into the hands of the opposing defense. Two of them were long touchdown passes that easily could have been intercepted if the defensive backs had done their jobs. One was a legitimately good touchdown pass. On the other passes, Batch went 9-for-12 for 90 yards.

:lmao:

I would have readily given up a Superbowl ring to go out with Tara Reid in 2002... Wise choice Mr. Brady.

I wonder if the NFL will listen to the complaints of color-blind people and refrain from using those shitshow (word choice very intentional) uniforms.

According to this, every team will be wearing them on TNF next year. What a joke. They do acknowledge they didn't take color blindness into consideration though.

Is anyone watching this mess?

Y'know I was literally gonna post the same question but I was busy deciding whether I wanted to waste the my leftover Chinese on this game or wait for the Around the NFL podcast afterwards... still on the fence.

Archived