NFL 2016 Championship Week Three Rebels and the Empire

Howdyphillip

5 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Tom%20Brady%20Cellphone_zpsorwsu9ab.gif

Eh. Too much smoke there. Had to be some fire. No way I'm rooting for the Pats under any circumstances. If they earn it, I'll give my congratulations, but that's as far as it's going to go. I'm hoping the NFC Rep can knock them off, cause I don't think the Broncos have much of a shot. 

I'll trust MIT professor (who is an Eagles fan no less) over anything out of the NFL.  

And I guess you apply the same to anti-vaxxers?  Since there's obviously a lot of smoke there?

Was listening to Simmons talk to Mike Schur and they brought up two good points about the unintentional hilarity that is the CBS broadcast.

1) Nantz and Simms gushing over every little thing Manning does. They're not Broncos fans so much as they're Peyton Manning fans. Was it Nantz who randomly started calling Manning "the sheriff"? When the fuck did he become the sheriff?! If Manning is even passingly competent today, this will be a day of Nantz-gasms. Book it. 

2) Mike Carey is always wrong. Have you noticed? They bring him in to explain which was a replay review will go and it always goes opposite the way he says it will. It's gotten to the point where Nantz will be giving MIke Carey hints to steer him in the right direction. "Mike, don't you think..." and he never picks up on it. God bless Mike Carey. 

It was The Grude who gave him that stupid nickname. Also, I read a conspiracy that Goodell put Ed 'Guns' Hocculi on this game to rig it against the pats... god I hope that's true. (I know it's crazy conspiracy)

No, not 'cause I'll even blink an eye at a Patriots Superbowl, but because that could finally slay him right? If it were true and fans found out?

Anyways, nice intro from Eddie George there. I liked it.

5 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It was The Grude who gave him that stupid nickname. Also, I read a conspiracy that Goodell put Ed 'Guns' Hocculi on this game to rig it against the pats... god I hope that's true. (I know it's crazy conspiracy)

No, not 'cause I'll even blink an eye at a Patriots Superbowl, but because that could finally slay him right? If it were true and fans found out?

Anyways, nice intro from Eddie George there. I liked it.

Broncos are 6-1 in games Hochuli refs including one where he completely blew a call that outright gave the Broncos the win over the Chargers many years ago. That's where the conspiracy theories come from. It's a very tinfoil hat conspiracy theory...but guarantee it'll become more mainstream if some questionable calls go the Broncos way. 

3 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

I'll trust MIT professor (who is an Eagles fan no less) over anything out of the NFL.  

And I guess you apply the same to anti-vaxxers?  Since there's obviously a lot of smoke there?

No. there was no smoke regarding anti-vaxxers. The report they based their beliefs on was proven to be garbage. Look, I agree that the NFL totally muffed the investigation, amd the measurement of the balls. They also over-reached with both aspects of the punishment. I believe the judge in the Federal Court case made the right decision, and that decision should be upheld on the upcoming appeal. That being said, between the texts sent from Brady to the equipment manager, the destruction of the phone, and the second equipment guy taking the balls into a restroom after taking them from the officials, the Pats were deflating balls after the inspection.

Archived