Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Which Tyler

Rugby IV - Striking Hookers Are Back In Fashion

243 posts in this topic

There is surely a case for the Gray brothers. Especially Johnny who has been in ridiculously good form. 

How the Scots players can be written off because of one game but the Welsh players can be forgiven because of terrible form in the whole Six Nations is embarrassing. Blatant favouritism from Gatland. 

Looking at the Lions selections I realise I don't actually care. I expect them to get smashed :)
However I do applaud the tour approach of playing 6 lead-up matches against intentionally tough teams. 

The first fixture may be the easiest, a gentle encounter against a barbarian selection to open the tour. The following fixtures get increasing tougher. Speaking as a New Zealander, all of our Super Rugby franchises, and the NZ Maori, will be out for a Lions scalp, so all have intention of chalking up a win. If the Lions can wrestle a victory or three, build match fitness, and gel as a squad during this time then they'll be well tempered for that first test match on the 24th June, and I'm hoping that will be a cracker game. 

Regarding Piers Francis' call up to England, I'm sure the call up to represent one's country is a great honour, but I can't help feeling cynical about the timing. Francis would have been in line to start for the Blues against the Lions, and his unavailability will probably mean some game time for, third in line 1st five, Bryn Gatland (son of Warren). In any case I'm happy for Francis, but disappointed I wont get to watch him try, once more, to unlock that elusive Blues potential.

What other Scottish players would you take and who would you replace for them? The only bad choice is Biggar imo.

Launchbury is the best lock who's not going.

Edited by lessthanluke