Most underused/underappreciated character

Lady bonehead

Does it have to be someone still alive? I would nominate Yoren. He took a big risk smuggling Arya out of King's Landing. He may have also suspected something was up when Gendry signed on, too. He continued to defend all of the people under his jurisdiction, even after the Queen's men came at them twice.

As of this point, I'd say Rickon...but he and/or Osha could have a major impact later on.

Willas Tyrell is another candidate...we only saw him as a potential husband to Sansa.  We don't even hear from a POV character who has interacted directly with him...only that everyone who has dealt with him seems to think he's an okay sort.

Garlan Tyrell:  He seems every bit the fighter that Loras is, as well as fairly intelligent and straightforward. 

Rodrik Harlaw:  One of the few intellectuals among the Ironborn.

34 minutes ago, Seams said:

Does it have to be someone still alive? I would nominate Yoren. He took a big risk smuggling Arya out of King's Landing. He may have also suspected something was up when Gendry signed on, too. He continued to defend all of the people under his jurisdiction, even after the Queen's men came at them twice.

Good shout. He also gives Ned a good heads up about Cat taking Tyrion captive. Its a shame he died, he would hve been a great asset at the wall right now.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Donald Noye: Died a blacksmith, in a tunnel, barring the way to a giant.
Willas Tyrell: The smartest Tyrell with Olena. Kept in reserve at Highgarden. May have a greater role later.

2 hours ago, Seams said:

I like both of these. Yoren did a lot to help out Ned, getting his daughter out of there. He could have just given her up, but he was a stubborn bastard and I liked that about him.

Speaking of stubborn...Donald Noye was a REAL man. Facing off with a giant for the good of his brothers. Phew. Hats off to him.

40 minutes ago, Steve Stark said:

Speaking of stubborn...Donald Noye was a REAL man. Facing off with a giant for the good of his brothers. Phew. Hats off to him

Wish I'd thought of him.  If memory serves, he was also the guy who straightened Jon's attitude out.

Garlan is underappreciated, but that's his ~ thing

5 hours ago, house of dayne said:

beric dondarrion  gets my vote..i mean he dies seven times for the good fight and gets nothing but ruin in return..

This. And he was such an interesting character too, with a lot of potential...and then Martin got rid of him offpage just to give us Stoneheart. I mean, really? Everyone thought Beric was a cool character, while Stoneheart is divisive, at best. Bad Martin, bad!

Jory Cassell a true captain of the guards

Donal Noye gave Jon wisdom and forged the Bobby b's personal hammer 

Oberyn possibly had the most/achieved the most as far as brawn and brain. unlimited potential for this guy.

Adam Marbrand is Jamie's go to guy and seems intelligent in both war and everyday decisions (scout leader) 

Blackfish if he isn't overused no need to explain here a real bad A

Any Hightower there's gotta be some very intelligent Hightowers 

Edric Storm is still a little naive but very educated all the same

Myrcella (if she is somehow alive) is obviously very intuitive but with a somewhat sweet heart but still recognizes her place and sorroundings 

Barristan what you got left in the tank you tough s o b

Lady Merryweather is weird 

Lyn Corbray is wierd someone will be gettin his VS weapon (Sandor by way of Sansa)

Aurane waters i just don't see having a very long time "on top" 

Margeary is a smart girl 

Shitmouth

Not to run this answer to the ground but Willa's is interesting Garlan a close 2nd and then loras 

The tattered prince will probably get pentos and shake things up (sorry Illyrio)

MARWYN even though he may become a factor in Danys life

29 minutes ago, INCBlackbird said:

Theon Greyjoy.... hands down.... he's underappreciated in the fandom, and underrepresented for the fandom. When people talk about him it's usually either a theory that he is involved in or hate.

Huh, I always see people bringing him up as one of the best written characters in the series, and even people who don't like Dance acknowledge that his chapters there are the best part of the book. 

1 minute ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Huh, I always see people bringing him up as one of the best written characters in the series, and even people who don't like Dance acknowledge that his chapters there are the best part of the book. 

yep, that's about the only way he's appreciated, at least that. but besides that, I barely see any threads about him on this forum for example, when there is a thread, like I said it's a theory or a thread that starts as a hate thread or turns into it, The last 

Theon thread that wasn't a theory, got a few posts and then dissappeared. And that one was recent. The one before this one had been from january 26 and that was a thread I started purely because I was sick of not having Theon related threads. Can you honestly think off a character with the amount of chapters Theon has that is talked about soo little on this forum?

when looking at the rest of the internet, there's a bunch of things that are generally accepted all over the internet: That Theon owed the Starks for not hurting him when he was their captive for example, The starks are pretty much always called his "adoptive family". Those are notions that are generally treated as facts. there's articles from people who write about why they hate him so much. And that's not even mentioning all the hate I see on pretty much a daily basis in The 4 years I've been in the Theon tag on tumblr.

There's also very little merchandise for the fans btw, there's more for the mountain for god's sake....

Yes, people think his chapters are great, but beyond that it doesn't seem to me like they're very interested in talking about him unless it's to talk about how terrible he is.

I'm tempted to say Daven Lannister because he doesn't get to actually do much once he turns up on page, but the fandom seems to have taken quite a shine to him nonetheless

I agree with Willas and Garlan though!

Mine might be Luwin, Dacey Mormont (still not recovered from her death), Edric Storm, aand Osha

Stonesnake... The mother fucker is still listed as alive as of ADWD in the appendix.  The last time we saw this guy the badass had just evaded wildlings raiders by climbing up a cliff that was so steep a bunch of wildling raiders who regularly climb a thousand foot high wall of ice decided it was too tough and let the guy go.  If that is not a badass who could make it back to the wall than idk what is.  This was the archer with Jon and The Halfhand.

Archived